Traded my Ecoboost for a GT

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I had my 2019 Ecoboost Premium with FRPP Tune and CVF Intercooler for about a year when I decided that I really needed the V8 sound. I kept hearing the V8 Mustangs and just had to pull the trigger and trade my 2019 Ecoboost for a 2019 GT. Certainly helped that the dealership was selling a 12 month old GT demo unit. The in service date on both cars were 2 days apart and the mileage was withing 500 KMs. Both cars are shadow black, premium coupes, although the GT came with more options.

Four major differences I noticed with the GT.

1. The sound of the V8 is indeed awesome and addictive. the GT has active exhaust and I find myself not wanting to turn on the radio(:
2. The braking on the GT is much better than the Ecoboost. It's not that the braking was bad on the Ecoboost, it's just better on the GT.
3. I have the 20" wheel package on the GT and as such it handles much better then the Ecoboost with the base 18" wheels.
4. The power of this V8 is amazing. Around the city in normal driving there really isn't a huge difference as it's hard to get the GT above 3K RPM with all the traffic. But when I take it out in the rural areas, OMG, this GT is a beast.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I had my 2019 Ecoboost Premium with FRPP Tune and CVF Intercooler for about a year when I decided that I really needed the V8 sound. I kept hearing the V8 Mustangs and just had to pull the trigger and trade my 2019 Ecoboost for a 2019 GT. Certainly helped that the dealership was selling a 12 month old GT demo unit. The in service date on both cars were 2 days apart and the mileage was withing 500 KMs. Both cars are shadow black, premium coupes, although the GT came with more options.

Four major differences I noticed with the GT.

1. The sound of the V8 is indeed awesome and addictive. the GT has active exhaust and I find myself not wanting to turn on the radio(:
2. The braking on the GT is much better than the Ecoboost. It's not that the braking was bad on the Ecoboost, it's just better on the GT.
3. I have the 20" wheel package on the GT and as such it handles much better then the Ecoboost with the base 18" wheels.
4. The power of this V8 is amazing. Around the city in normal driving there really isn't a huge difference as it's hard to get the GT above 3K RPM with all the traffic. But when I take it out in the rural areas, OMG, this GT is a beast.
Congrats on the new GT Gord. I did the same thing last year. Sometimes i wonder why I bothered with the B&O system.

By the way, pics or it didn't happen! :like:

OP
OP

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks Ira. Haven't taken any pics as yet, as to me it looks like the same car. Also weather here is rainy, soggy, muddy mess. I must admit I do like the B&O stereo over the 9 speaker system in the Ecoboost.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT
Congratulations on the upgrade! I've had my GT 3 days and find myself hitting the mute button on the steering wheel a lot :) Just love that Coyote sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on the upgrade! Post up some pictures of you new ride when you get a chance! If you need any parts give us a shout we would love to help get you set up. www.lethalperformance.com
Would love to order some parts online, but unfortunately shipping to Canada is always way too expensive. It's a game the shipping companies play, even if the part is made in the USA they still charge outrageous shipping fees and then try to ding you for duty as well(:

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Would love to order some parts online, but unfortunately shipping to Canada is always way too expensive. It's a game the shipping companies play, even if the part is made in the USA they still charge outrageous shipping fees and then try to ding you for duty as well(:
Send me a message whenever your ready and we will do our best to help you out. We have tons of customers in Canada and all over the world!

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If you have an auto with the transmission modes, put it in dragstrip mode, 2nd gear with the shifter in S, paddles active, TCS off but leave advancetrack on, full throttle in 2nd gear from 30 to 45 mph then hit the right paddle at 45 and keep it floored

OP
OP

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Send me a message whenever your ready and we will do our best to help you out. We have tons of customers in Canada and all over the world!
I really appreciate your offer, but it's cheaper for me to drive across the border. One of my friends who is a US citizen is moving back to the US next year and will be just across the border from me. Then I'll be able to take advantage of all the free shipping offers!

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Congrats. I traded my 15’ EB PP premium for a 15’ GT premium back in July 2015. The EB was a nice car I just hated the way it sounded.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
full throttle in 2nd gear from 30 to 45 mph then hit the right paddle at 45 and keep it floored
and feel the differential sheer thru the bolts. Well, maybe not. But do get those rear bolts shimmed as soon as practical.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
and feel the differential sheer thru the bolts. Well, maybe not. But do get those rear bolts shimmed as soon as practical.
Ive done it atleast 2000 times it just rips the tires loose to 70 mph which I love doing. so fun

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Congrats! My current car was an upgrade from a v6. It’s quite the feeling eh?
Sponsored