Traded my Bullitt for a Mach E today

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I also changed my gender, started drinking skim milk, gave up cigars and joined Green Peace and PETA.....

Such a GREAT DAY!!!
Sponsored

Cement Bench

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffy
Vehicle(s)
2020 BULLITT
it is like reloading for accuracy,

only change one thing at a time,

otherwise you will not know why you end up in the nut-house

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I own a Tesla, and drove a Mach-E out of curiosity, and wasn't impressed at all. But not surprised by that, since it's Ford's basically first attempt at EVs, and Tesla is miles away from everybody, with decades of head start. Having said that, what's with the moaning when accelerating? Sounds horrible, and found no way to turn it off. Also felt like a dog, compared to my car... and it wasn't locked into a slower mode. And it costs almost the same as a Tesla Model 3 and Y. I don't anticipate it to sell well, but we'll see.

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I own a Tesla, and drove a Mach-E out of curiosity, and wasn't impressed at all. But not surprised by that, since it's Ford's basically first attempt at EVs, and Tesla is miles away from everybody, with decades of head start. Having said that, what's with the moaning when accelerating? Sounds horrible, and found no way to turn it off. Also felt like a dog, compared to my car... and it wasn't locked into a slower mode. And it costs almost the same as a Tesla Model 3 and Y. I don't anticipate it to sell well, but we'll see.
Probably has something to do with this:
https://www.hotcars.com/vaughn-gitt...-to-help-with-the-mustang-mach-e-1400s-sound/

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Got a ride in a new Tycan, no offense, but the Tycan makes the Model S Performance a hard sell as it's significantly more refined, just as fast, for the same money. Tesla is sleeping on VW Group and I could see it biting them in the ass globally (not here in the US though where people buy Tesla's for the same clout as iPhones).

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Having never driven a e car, could someone here that has a mustang and a Tesla , describe the fun factor and feeling of a e car ?
Is this something to look forward to, or is it going to be a dismal future for fun cars ?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Having never driven a e car, could someone here that has a mustang and a Tesla , describe the fun factor and feeling of a e car ?
Is this something to look forward to, or is it going to be a dismal future for fun cars ?
Just wait a few months and see how many used ones show up on the lots.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It depends on what a car means to you.
If all you want is speed and off-the-line acceleration, then they're something to look forward to.
If all you want is to move from A to B as cheaply and seamlessly as possible, then they're something to look forward to.
If you're after driving pleasure, meaning that hard to define feeling that you can't put your finger on and that only true petrolheads understand, then they're just a glimpse into a bleak, dismal future.
They're not cars. They're fast laptops. If it's the "fast" part you want, then they're perfect. If it's the "car" part you want, then you're screwed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
If all you want is speed and off-the-line acceleration, then they're something to look forward to.
If all you want is to move from A to B as cheaply and seamlessly as possible, then they're something to look forward to.
If you're after driving pleasure, meaning that hard to define feeling that you can't put your finger on and that only true petrolheads understand, then they're just a glimpse into a bleak, dismal future.
They're not cars. They're fast laptops. If it's the "fast" part you want, then they're perfect. If it's the "car" part you want, then you're screwed.
thanks I think you answered it perfectly .
I guess I’d better enjoy petrol cars whilst they last. I did some Googling and it seems that in the next few decades, petrol will phase out to be replaced by e power. At least in most 1st world countries.
I do wonder what will happen in 3rd world countries that neither have consistent electricity to charge cars, or the $ to purchase them.

sport160

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Perfect summary

The thing is there are days when you just want 1 and 2, fast, quiet, efficient, soul less but very easy. Then there are the days when you want that special something that is hard to put finger on.

Really need to a multi car garage :-)
Sponsored