Sponsored

Traded in my 2020 Mustang GT Premium 401A for a Camaro!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Before everyone calls me an idiot I'll explain that I"ll get my Mustang back after the body shop puts on a new rear bumper and I turn in my Camaro rental. ;)

Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers. This DOES give me an opportunity to compare the cars although the Camaro appears to be a base model with what might be a turbocharged 6 banger. Pics to follow and maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at when I pop the hood.

The first thing I noticed was the gas filler is on the passenger side. WTF???

The interior is POS plastic wall to wall and the seats are some type of really cheap fabric.

My Mustang has fair to poor visibility. The Camaro has poor to very poor visibilty and the mirrors including the inside rear view are horrible and too small.

I feel like I'm sitting inside of a tin can somebody should have put much bigger windows in. They're painfully small and up way too high.

The Camaro I rented is a butt ugly rag top which I haven't used yet because it's trying to rain here today.

So what's the motor? Pics below.

Camaro Side.jpg

Camaro Motor 3.jpg
Camaro Motor 2.jpg

Camaro Motor 1.jpg

YES, will make my Mustang one-click rarer.
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The first thing I noticed was the gas filler is on the passenger side. WTF???
I'm curious why is this a bad thing? To me it sounds like a benefit, most cars are on the driver side and there are usually lines to get gas on this side of the pump, but cars with fillers on the passenger side breeze right through. I wish the mustang was the opposite.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Safety feature. If you run out of gas on the road you can fill the tank from the side of the road versus on the road. Subaru's have this feature.
Personally I'd rather have it on Drivers' side for safety while filling up; you are more vulnerable while filling up, and you do that more (hopefully) than run out of gas. But I can see the safety aspect if you run out of gas.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
You haven't rented a car before I see and looked it over.
Any down time is not making money, get the service done and get it back in service is job one. not making sure the engine cover is clean.
I have rented the car a few times before but admittedly I never checked in the engine bay

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
It's a 3.6 LGX V6. It's actually a really nice for what it is has a high red limit and it actually sounds decent

Way better than the turbo 4 cylinders in my opinion. Reminds me of a mini coyote
i had a 2016 camaro as a rental once, it was a v6, i think it was 330 hp or so from when i read up on it back then. not sure if it was the LGX or what. but i enjoyed driving that car, it pulled fairly well for what it was IMO.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I wish the fuel cap was on the opposite side of the Mustang so I didn't have to look at it as much.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
folks going on about the gas cap but your OP was smack on the nose about poor to poorer visibility and what is with GM and their crappy/tiny side mirrors???!!! I was a traveling consultant in years past and have rented many, many cars. Every GM I rented had shitty mirrors can't see 1/3rd of your blind spots in them. I've ridden and driven the newer Camaro and windows and mirrors are really poor if you intend to drive over 40mph. meh.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
So a base model Camaro rental vert. beat on for 53k miles is not as nice as your cared for 401A Mustang GT with only 7k miles? Shocking. Have you checked out a base Mustang's interior lately? It's also only plastic and has a tiny ~4" screen. Neither cars have quality interiors at the base level. That's one of the reasons why they start at $26k (or thereabouts). Move up to GT Premium, 401A, 2SS, or ZL1, and they are much improved.

folks going on about the gas cap but your OP was smack on the nose about poor to poorer visibility and what is with GM and their crappy/tiny side mirrors???!!! I was a traveling consultant in years past and have rented many, many cars. Every GM I rented had shitty mirrors can't see 1/3rd of your blind spots in them. I've ridden and driven the newer Camaro and windows and mirrors are really poor if you intend to drive over 40mph. meh.
I've owned both Mustang (2018 GT Premium PP1 w/ MagneRide) and now a '21 Camaro ZL1 (owned them both at the same time for several weeks last year). I'm willing to bet that the Camaro side mirrors are larger than the Mustang side mirrors: the Camaro side mirror surface itself is ~3-3/4" high x 7" wide. How big are the Mustangs?

The Camaro side mirrors are perfectly fine. Push them out so you see past the edge of the side of the car and the blind spots disappear (that goes for any car). Most people don't do this -- on any car, if you can see the side of your car in the side mirrors, they aren't adjusted properly.

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
Without accident statistics to prove Camaro's crash more, pointing out they have less visibility inadvertently makes the point that Camaro owners are better drivers.

I've driven both Mustang and Camaro and they both have that C pillar blind spot. Yes the Camaro's is worse but a properly adjusted mirror (as small as it is) does the job. Plus you don't have to pay for a Shelby or other special edition to get the Tremec. Everyone got the manual right?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I have rented the car a few times before but admittedly I never checked in the engine bay
First thing I do after taking a video of any interior and exterior flaws, is check the oil level. I rather not buy an engine.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
First thing I do after taking a video of any interior and exterior flaws, is check the oil level. I rather not buy an engine.
Admittedly one of the cars I have hired is a brand new Mustang from a well-known rental company and I did have a look at the engine bay and it was Flawless

Maybe because it was almost new

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Safety feature. If you run out of gas on the road you can fill the tank from the side of the road versus on the road. Subaru's have this feature.
Safety feature for real. Or at least it reduces cost of repairs. I've heard that the right rear quarter panel is the least often hit part of a car.

Ford...well...the Pinto. So maybe Ford isn't all that worried about spilled gas.
Sponsored