Sponsored

Traded in my 2020 Mustang GT Premium 401A for a Camaro!

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Safety feature. If you run out of gas on the road you can fill the tank from the side of the road versus on the road. Subaru's have this feature.
Safety feature, use your eyes and look at the fuel gauge and not run out of fuel in the first place.
I know, too easy, right.
Remember what subaru really means.
U R A BUS
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Safety feature for real. Or at least it reduces cost of repairs. I've heard that the right rear quarter panel is the least often hit part of a car.

Ford...well...the Pinto. So maybe Ford isn't all that worried about spilled gas.
Cars with filler on drivers side are less likely to get car jacked than those with filler on the pass side.
I'd call that a safety feature as I tend to need to refuel, I don't need to ever run out of fuel on side of road.
Now, I take my key/fob out with me, when filling, but many don't. A car jacker is less likely to try to pull that stunt with you right beside the driver's door.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A car jacker is less likely to try to pull that stunt with you right beside the driver's door.
sheeet, I hold my AR15 at low-ready, or sling the pump-action over my shoulder while standing about. Don't you? Those Costco gas lines are scary, man!

I'm not sure if there is an industry 'agreement' that has design teams assign half their fleet to one side or the other.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sheeet, I hold my AR15 at low-ready, or sling the pump-action over my shoulder while standing about. Don't you? Those Costco gas lines are scary, man!

I'm not sure if there is an industry 'agreement' that has design teams assign half their fleet to one side or the other.
I'd bet it is whatever side the filler neck/tank is easier/faster to install on the line, than anything else..lol.
I'd rather they go back to center rear fill. I never have to wait for a pump in my older cars. Those went away I'm sure because of some safety reg.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cue up, "cn't have shyt in detroit"

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

I pull my Rhino out of the door card holster and put it on the roof next to me. ARs are too hard to fire inside the car if you have a soccer mom in a volvo chase you or something.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I pull my Rhino out of the door card holster and put it on the roof next to me.
They are cute. I might be worried about scratching the roof paint from the sharp corners of the mounting base, though.

684d3866e85d488e45ab590177904c87.jpg

Or are you re-fueling your body with this while re-fueling the car? I do know these fit into the dorcard holster easier...

rhino-tube_1200x1200.jpg

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
They are cute. I might be worried about scratching the roof paint from the sharp corners of the mounting base, though.

Or are you re-fueling your body with this while re-fueling the car? I do know these fit into the dorcard holster easier...
gold only of course.
C2557C28-45DC-472C-99C5-D4B13B830AED.jpeg

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
OH... Another couple things I really DON'T like about the Camaro. The strange two humps in the dash right in front of the driver. WTF?

Also the ridges in the hood. Butt ugly....
It's supposed to mimic the 69 gauge cluster.

I just don't like this generation of Camaro. Even the ZL-1.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cars with filler on drivers side are less likely to get car jacked than those with filler on the pass side.
I'd call that a safety feature as I tend to need to refuel, I don't need to ever run out of fuel on side of road.
Now, I take my key/fob out with me, when filling, but many don't. A car jacker is less likely to try to pull that stunt with you right beside the driver's door.
Honestly what are you really gonna do if someone runs up with a gun in hand to car jack you? Unless you see them coming from afar and already have drawn, are you gonna try to draw on someone armed? Lol. Plus if they know what they're doing, these cars have a VERY stupid to me feature where you can restart the engine within 30 seconds of shut off despite the keyfob no longer being present (or maybe it's a minute, I can't remember). So unless you have your eyes on a swivel, just the time it takes to activate the pump is plenty of time to get ganked.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My neighbors bought a convertible ZL1 not long after I bought my Mustang. Car looks nice, but after I sat in it I threw up a bit in my mouth. lol The interior is just so boring and cheap. The lack of visibilty was the one big thing I noticed.
The funny thing is he is a bigger guy. He said he wanted something he could get into easy. Clearly he never sat in a Mustang. In reality though its more for his wife. I wont knock anyone for getting the car they want, if one likes it thats all that matters, but I'll for sure never own a Camero.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly what are you really gonna do if someone runs up with a gun in hand to car jack you? Unless you see them coming from afar and already have drawn, are you gonna try to draw on someone armed? Lol. Plus if they know what they're doing, these cars have a VERY stupid to me feature where you can restart the engine within 30 seconds of shut off despite the keyfob no longer being present (or maybe it's a minute, I can't remember). So unless you have your eyes on a swivel, just the time it takes to activate the pump is plenty of time to get ganked.
most of the cr jackings at fuel stations are without a fire arm, they just jump in, and go.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
No turbo on that V6. It just has good lungs and is by FAR the best feature of the base Camaro.

I have rented both base (RS) and V8 (SS) Camaros. I agree they are cheap tin can diving helmets to drive. Comfortable enough seats but I cannot see forward, sideways or behind. The V6 runs pretty well and the V8 runs like a scalded dog, but it it rides really rough and heavy. No trunk to speak of, so it's a useless car in every practical way.

I would never trade my GT for a Camaro SS. Just wouldn't even consider it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the 1LE is the only trim worth even looking at, and it spanks the regular Mustang. The Mach1 and GT350 give it a run for it's money.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
No turbo on that V6. It just has good lungs and is by FAR the best feature of the base Camaro.

I have rented both base (RS) and V8 (SS) Camaros. I agree they are cheap tin can diving helmets to drive. Comfortable enough seats but I cannot see forward, sideways or behind. The V6 runs pretty well and the V8 runs like a scalded dog, but it it rides really rough and heavy. No trunk to speak of, so it's a useless car in every practical way.

Very well put. After a few more days driving this base Camaro I must say that you've nailed it.

Changing lanes in traffic is nothing short of stressful and dangerous. The driver simply can't see and I think Chevrolet should seriously consider putting blind spot monitoring on their base model Camaro.

I finally got a chance to really juice the throttle one time from a slow roll and shut it down at about 80 and got some sort of error message on the display about a different gear or mode or something like that. I was too busy watching oncoming traffic to get a good look at it.

I will say that the naturally aspirated 6 did lots better than I expected and the exhaust noise was pleasing for a 6 banger.

As for the ride.... My Mustang rides pretty rough but the Camaro has a sharp edge to its ride that makes it unpleasant to drive.

One more thing that might just be a reflection of this particular rental and its past history is that it is prone to wander and not want to stay in it's lane. I'm having to stay vigilant or it will try to wander off on it's own and I have to be constantly correcting it. My Mustang is very well behaved in that respect and it almost seems to know where I want to go and it's a lane hugger.

Yeah.... I agree. I'd NEVER consider trading my GT Premium 401A for ANY Camaro but I'm glad I got a chance to drive one for long enough to develop an informed opinion.
Sponsored