Sponsored

Traded in my 2020 Mustang GT Premium 401A for a Camaro!

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Before everyone calls me an idiot I'll explain that I"ll get my Mustang back after the body shop puts on a new rear bumper and I turn in my Camaro rental. ;)

Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers. This DOES give me an opportunity to compare the cars although the Camaro appears to be a base model with what might be a turbocharged 6 banger. Pics to follow and maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at when I pop the hood.

The first thing I noticed was the gas filler is on the passenger side. WTF???

The interior is POS plastic wall to wall and the seats are some type of really cheap fabric.

My Mustang has fair to poor visibility. The Camaro has poor to very poor visibilty and the mirrors including the inside rear view are horrible and too small.

I feel like I'm sitting inside of a tin can somebody should have put much bigger windows in. They're painfully small and up way too high.

The Camaro I rented is a butt ugly rag top which I haven't used yet because it's trying to rain here today.

So what's the motor? Pics below.

Camaro Side.jpg

Camaro Motor 3.jpg
Camaro Motor 2.jpg

Camaro Motor 1.jpg
Sponsored

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
It's a 3.6 LGX V6. It's actually a really nice for what it is has a high red limit and it actually sounds decent

Way better than the turbo 4 cylinders in my opinion. Reminds me of a mini coyote

Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Before everyone calls me an idiot I'll explain that I"ll get my Mustang back after the body shop puts on a new rear bumper and I turn in my Camaro rental. ;)

Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers. This DOES give me an opportunity to compare the cars although the Camaro appears to be a base model with what might be a turbocharged 6 banger. Pics to follow and maybe someone can tell me what I'm looking at when I pop the hood.

The first thing I noticed was the gas filler is on the passenger side. WTF???

The interior is POS plastic wall to wall and the seats are some type of really cheap fabric.

My Mustang has fair to poor visibility. The Camaro has poor to very poor visibilty and the mirrors including the inside rear view are horrible and too small.

I feel like I'm sitting inside of a tin can somebody should have put much bigger windows in. They're painfully small and up way too high.

The Camaro I rented is a butt ugly rag top which I haven't used yet because it's trying to rain here today.

So what's the motor? Pics below.

Camaro Side.jpg

Camaro Motor 3.jpg
Camaro Motor 2.jpg

Camaro Motor 1.jpg
Why does the engine bay look like its been abandoned outside in a swamp for 20years!?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Safety feature. If you run out of gas on the road you can fill the tank from the side of the road versus on the road. Subaru's have this feature.
Finally I know why I prefer the Mustang over the Camero, I prefer a design that is based on me not being stupid and forgetting to put gas in the car. Most of the time I put gas in the car is at the gas station.

OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
It's a 3.6 LGX V6. It's actually a really nice for what it is has a high red limit and it actually sounds decent

Way better than the turbo 4 cylinders in my opinion. Reminds me of a mini coyote
Yeah... I was somewhat impressed for a rental car. Not all that bad but certainly not a Coyote.

If I have it right this is the specs for that motor. " 3.6 L V6. The 3.6 L V6 direct-injected (DI) engine with Variable Valve Timing generates as much as 335 hp and 284 lb. -ft. of torque on demand. "

That wimpy 284 pound feet of torque is why it doesn't exactly jump out of the hole but when it gets wound up the 335 horsepower does impress a little bit.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Why does the engine bay look like its been abandoned outside in a swamp for 20years!?
You haven't rented a car before I see and looked it over.
Any down time is not making money, get the service done and get it back in service is job one. not making sure the engine cover is clean.

OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You haven't rented a car before I see and looked it over.
Any down time is not making money, get the service done and get it back in service is job one. not making sure the engine cover is clean.
But... But... But... They said they clean them very thoroughly... LOL

Honestly though... I rented it from Enterprise paid for by State Farm and I was glad to be able to get a Camaro so I could better understand why I like my Mustang so much... LOL

It's fun driving something different for awhile but I hope Gerber Collision doesn't take to long to get my GT back to me... One day and I already miss it sorely. I understand parts are very hard to get and the body shops are all extra busy around here so that compounds the time issue.

OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
OH... Another couple things I really DON'T like about the Camaro. The strange two humps in the dash right in front of the driver. WTF?

Also the ridges in the hood. Butt ugly....

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
But... But... But... They said they clean them very thoroughly... LOL

Honestly though... I rented it from Enterprise paid for by State Farm and I was glad to be able to get a Camaro so I could better understand why I like my Mustang so much... LOL

It's fun driving something different for awhile but I hope Gerber Collision doesn't take to long to get my GT back to me... One day and I already miss it sorely. I understand parts are very hard to get and the body shops are all extra busy around here so that compounds the time issue.
Hope you get it back soon.
I can't judge a vehicle from renting a rental. If it has more than 5k miles on it. As 5k miles is 45k on a personal vehicle.
Rentals are driven like you stole it, and put away wet.lol
We did have a 10 mile rental while on vacation. It was basicly new. Mustang convert with turbo 4 and auto.
Wife liked it, so I knew I'd not be in the dog house if I bought a new mustang. Most other rentals have been pyles. That most new car dealers would send straight to auction and not to their lots.

OP
OP
LDHunter

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Hope you get it back soon.
I can't judge a vehicle from renting a rental. If it has more than 5k miles on it. As 5k miles is 45k on a personal vehicle.
Rentals are driven like you stole it, and put away wet.lol
We did have a 10 mile rental while on vacation. It was basicly new. Mustang convert with turbo 4 and auto.
Wife liked it, so I knew I'd not be in the dog house if I bought a new mustang. Most other rentals have been pyles. That most new car dealers would send straight to auction and not to their lots.
Yeah.... This Camaro has 53k miles on it and I suspect a lot of them were hard miles. My Mustang only has 7k miles on it and although I'm not easy on the throttle sometimes other than that I baby it.
Sponsored