Sponsored

Trade in 15 pp mustang for Bullitt?

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have a very nice 15 pp premium mustang with all options including the anniversey pac. Put x pipe...borla exhaust. Bmr springs..fr bump stops...wheels.
I am in thinking about buying a bullitt. My go look at one tomorrow.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I have a very nice 15 pp premium mustang with all options including the anniversey pac. Put x pipe...borla exhaust. Bmr springs..fr bump stops...wheels.
Give me opinion....why should i?

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
New cars are fun but I’m sure you looking at probably a 20k outlay.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Give me opinion....why should i?
Honestly, I think if you have to ask us that question, maybe it's not right for you. For me and many of us, the minute we saw the car, we knew we had to have it. There are certain things about it that are polarizing. But it is different and special, and certainly turns heads....

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I wouldn't. You're going to get rid of a car for another car with similar performance and it will cost you a sh!tload to do so. That Bullitt novelty is going to wear off soon enough and you'll realize you don't have a car much different than your previous. But your bank account will be a lot different from before you made the move.

If your '15 is not in great shape, high miles, and you want to change, that's a different story. I personally don't think the Bullitt is worth what their asking either. If it was $40K, maybe. $50K? No way. The wheels that come on the Bullitt are pretty pedestrian looking too.

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I wouldn't. You're going to get rid of a car for another car with similar performance and it will cost you a sh!tload to do so. That Bullitt novelty is going to wear off soon enough and you'll realize you don't have a car much different than your previous. But your bank account will be a lot different from before you made the move.

If your '15 is not in great shape, high miles, and you want to change, that's a different story. I personally don't think the Bullitt is worth what their asking either. If it was $40K, maybe. $50K? No way. The wheels that come on the Bullitt are pretty pedestrian looking too.
My 2015 has 7700 mi on it. A new car. Ordered it from Ford..waited 2 mo.

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Honestly, I think if you have to ask us that question, maybe it's not right for you. For me and many of us, the minute we saw the car, we knew we had to have it. There are certain things about it that are polarizing. But it is different and special, and certainly turns heads....
Because i bought my first new car in 1973. I dont buy on impulse only. Bought way to many cars over the yrs. Only asked for your advice....
I have a 1964 and 1/2 mustang k code. My 15 is a very nice car. Only asking your opinion about if a bullitt is worth it.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Because i bought my first new car in 1973. I dont buy on impulse only. Bought way to many cars over the yrs. Only asked for your advice....
I have a 1964 and 1/2 mustang k code. My 15 is a very nice car. Only asking your opinion about if a bullitt is worth it.
Worth it depends on you. Would you make use of the better handling or power? If not then unless you really like green than it's probably not "worth" it. You can easily get the same power and handling out of your car now for less investment.

If you just want it, and can afford it, then the only opinion that matters is yours. Personally if I had a 15-17 already I likely wouldn't have bought the BULLITT.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
"Is it worth it" That's again a question for you. If you have any nostalgia to the movie, Steve McQueen, Epic movie car chases (real ones, not CGI ones), then it probably is. If you want something "different", a bit "special", then yes I believe it is worth it. If you are a "Modder", then I would say no, and I think you will find most "Modder's" will say it's not worth it. This is not my daily driver, and for me it is a keeper, and I think it may be the last "BULLITT", because I expect by the time the 60th Anniversary rolls around, the V8 will be history, and what is the point to a BULLITT without a V8...

As for the car, absolutely love it! Love the colour, love the sound. Notwithstanding all the complaints about the ticking and rattle, this Coyote engine is amazing...One of the things I like about the Coyote in the BULLITT is that it makes power right up to it's 7,400 rpm redline, just keeps pulling....Go sit in one, drive one and see how big a smile it puts on your face.....Cheers

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
"Is it worth it" That's again a question for you. If you have any nostalgia to the movie, Steve McQueen, Epic movie car chases (real ones, not CGI ones), then it probably is. If you want something "different", a bit "special", then yes I believe it is worth it. If you are a "Modder", then I would say no, and I think you will find most "Modder's" will say it's not worth it. This is not my daily driver, and for me it is a keeper, and I think it may be the last "BULLITT", because I expect by the time the 60th Anniversary rolls around, the V8 will be history, and what is the point to a BULLITT without a V8...

As for the car, absolutely love it! Love the colour, love the sound. Notwithstanding all the complaints about the ticking and rattle, this Coyote engine is amazing...One of the things I like about the Coyote in the BULLITT is that it makes power right up to it's 7,400 rpm redline, just keeps pulling....Go sit in one, drive one and see how big a smile it puts on your face.....Cheers

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I was looking for a sporty car with with the V8 pull. Had a 95 MR2 Turbo which was fun, quick, and out handled most in its class, but missed the V8 torque. Almost bought a Mustang GT, but then read about the 50th anniversary Bullitt. Being in N.E. it didn't look good that I would be able to secure one. But I ordered early and surprisingly my dealer was able to get one while the GIANT dealers in my area couldn't. I love the car. Exhaust note is fantastic. My neighbor has a GT 350 and wishes it sounded like the Bullitt. For me it is a car that was made for me. I should note that a dealer 25 mi. away was offering a loaded Corvette Grand Sport for a couple thousand more which I considered if I wasn't able to get the Bullitt. Given the choice the am glad I got the Bullitt being older it is easy to enter and exit and still has great performance.

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Well....i did it! Bought my Bullitt today....crossed over to the green side. Got a real good trade in...paid a bit under msrp...and moved over my extended warrenty. A good day!
Sponsored