Sponsored

Trade Boosted S550 to GT500?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I definitely care about the money, I am no where near that point in my life yet haha. I might have to go drive one to see how it feels, not a bad idea. I was actually surprised they offered 43k, the car has 14k miles on it right now. The big downside is interest rates are very high right now compared to a few months ago.
Wow, $43K is a great offer. The market has turned way down in most areas. If I could justify a GT500 instead of a M1 I would have done it in a heartbeat. With dealer markup vs a markdown it just wasn't close enough.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Emotions......

They'll get ya' every time.

Seriously buddy, no one can tell you how you're going to feel about it.
To be fair, he's asking how we feel about it, not how he is going to.

@Lunchabull I didn't go from a boosted GT but have been in them. I did go through most of the versions of the S550 from GT, PP1, PP2, GT350 and GT500. Still have 3. The Shelby cars have a different feel to them over the standard cars. Physically and emotionally. The underpinnings are different and the steering and ride is much different. Personally, I feel most connected to the 350, but enjoy the peace of mind of the GT. The 500 is so wild, fast, expensive, heavier and more special, so I don't drive it as much, and worry a bit too much about it to really be able to just drive and enjoy. That's my problem.

If you think you'll like exclusivity, go for the 500. If you just want power and speed and want to leave it in a shopping center parking lot or go to the movies, stick with the GT. Hope this helps a bit.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
... If you just want power and speed and want to leave it in a shopping center parking lot or go to the movies, stick with the GT. Hope this helps a bit.
That's something I've been thinking about more and more even with the Mach 1 I'm getting. I got a lot of comments about how good my PP2 looked. It got more attention than any of the other cars I've owned. We will see what the M1 will bring but a GT500 will get noticed for sure. Well, there will be some people who can't tell one from another and don't care but plenty who will.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
He's asking what other people's emotional reaction was, in order to gauge what his own could/would be.

But emotions are very subjective.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

@Lunchabull I didn't go from a boosted GT but have been in them. I did go through most of the versions of the S550 from GT, PP1, PP2, GT350 and GT500. Still have 3. The Shelby cars have a different feel to them over the standard cars. Physically and emotionally. The underpinnings are different and the steering and ride is much different. Personally, I feel most connected to the 350, but enjoy the peace of mind of the GT. The 500 is so wild, fast, expensive, heavier and more special, so I don't drive it as much, and worry a bit too much about it to really be able to just drive and enjoy. That's my problem.

If you think you'll like exclusivity, go for the 500. If you just want power and speed and want to leave it in a shopping center parking lot or go to the movies, stick with the GT. Hope this helps a bit.
Well put.

And the bold is one of several reasons I didn't bump to a GT500. That literally was my issue also when I had my '07 GT500, and it took away from the enjoyment of the car. My '15 GT still has yet to crack 13K miles as it is, and I couldn't see popping another $50K on top of it to have a car that sits around even more. I know me, been there, done that.

The DCT was/is the big draw for me with the GT500. I'd have no interest in it if it were a manual.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
First sorry if this has been posted before, just looking to get some advice/opinions.

I have been stuck debating for a while now on trading in my current Mustang. It was bought as a 10 Speed PP1 Premium with every option except magnaride. Shortly after the purchase I had the Roush Phase 2 Supercharger, Roush Max Cooling Kit, and Roush H pipe along with many other cosmetics. I was lucky enough to purchase it with 0% APR during May of 2020.

Lately I have been having the urge to upgrade to a GT500, I found one locally that I have my eyes on. This would be my daily driver during the summer months, I work from home so I only drive about 4-5000 miles a year in total. I do not plan to track/race the car besides the occasional fun runs on the highway. I have always wanted a Shelby growing up and now I am in the position to do so if I choose to go forward.

My question is has anyone upgraded from a boosted 5.0 to a GT500 and how did you feel?

If so, was it worth it?
What is your favorite thing about the Shelby?
How does it drive compared to the 5.0?
Do you miss your 5.0 at all?

Thanks!
I went the other way. Sort of. 13 GT500 to Mustang GT with the Roush Stage 2 auto. The Gt is now more responsive and faster than the 13 Shelby. I'm not a car collector so that factor didnt even come into it. The New GT500s are probably better in the engine internals (better rods, pistons, blower). Not sure if they will heat soak as bad as the Roush set up. With the money difference you can fix or even make the suspension better than whats on the GT500. The Gt500 has the appeal if thats important to you.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
13 GT500 to Mustang GT with the Roush Stage 2 auto. The Gt is now more responsive and faster than the 13 Shelby.

It must be that up here, in the great white north, our boosted GTs/Bullitts outrun the GT500s...go figure

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone with any financial smarts, shouldn't be purchasing a vehicle right now. Unless they can buy it outright in cash or absolutely NEED it.

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Anyone with any financial smarts, shouldn't be purchasing a vehicle right now. Unless they can buy it outright in cash or absolutely NEED it.
Could be Cory but might not be. Your crystal ball, and mine too, is telling us that the chance of a recession coming is high. But then maybe it isn't. After over 50 years in financial economics, I know one thing: "The future is anybody's guess".

OP
OP
Lunchabull

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
Thank you everyone for all of the replies, I really appreciate it!

Looks like I may be getting into that Shelby sooner rather than later. I will share more when I decide on the one that I am going to get.

Thanks Again!

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I may be getting into that Shelby sooner rather than later. I will share more when I decide on the one that I am going to get.

Hey Josh

I just picked up a '21 GT500 with $0 ADM (but $10K tax) and I am selling my '19 blown Bullitt, also with many added goodies, like yours. How much do we pay for the top of the line GT500 (except the GT40, of course)?

Is it worth that big stack of greenbacks? Only you can say after you've done it. Enjoy!

P.S. The market for blown Mustang GTs is not kind to us.
Sponsored