Trade Boosted S550 to GT500?

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
First sorry if this has been posted before, just looking to get some advice/opinions.

I have been stuck debating for a while now on trading in my current Mustang. It was bought as a 10 Speed PP1 Premium with every option except magnaride. Shortly after the purchase I had the Roush Phase 2 Supercharger, Roush Max Cooling Kit, and Roush H pipe along with many other cosmetics. I was lucky enough to purchase it with 0% APR during May of 2020.

Lately I have been having the urge to upgrade to a GT500, I found one locally that I have my eyes on. This would be my daily driver during the summer months, I work from home so I only drive about 4-5000 miles a year in total. I do not plan to track/race the car besides the occasional fun runs on the highway. I have always wanted a Shelby growing up and now I am in the position to do so if I choose to go forward.

My question is has anyone upgraded from a boosted 5.0 to a GT500 and how did you feel?

If so, was it worth it?
What is your favorite thing about the Shelby?
How does it drive compared to the 5.0?
Do you miss your 5.0 at all?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Emotions......

They'll get ya' every time.

Seriously buddy, no one can tell you how you're going to feel about it.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
The only reasons I would ever trade my boosted GT for a GT500 would be for the “wow factor” a GT500 has on the average person and for the full warranty of a boosted car from the factory. Past that I have spent a lot less on my car than what a GT500 would cost and would eat a stock one or even a slightly modified one all day everyday.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Is your GT auto or manual? This may or may not matter to you.
One other thing about many Mustang owners is the mod bug. You already have your car the way you want it. If you move to the 500 would you want to make it yours too.

OP
OP
Lunchabull

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Is your GT auto or manual? This may or may not matter to you.
One other thing about many Mustang owners is the mod bug. You already have your car the way you want it. If you move to the 500 would you want to make it yours too.
It is a 10 speed which I do love, it is plenty fast for the street.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunchabull

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
The only reasons I would ever trade my boosted GT for a GT500 would be for the “wow factor” a GT500 has on the average person and for the full warranty of a boosted car from the factory. Past that I have spent a lot less on my car than what a GT500 would cost and would eat a stock one or even a slightly modified one all day everyday.
Thats how I feel, not really sure how the roush would do against a stock gt500 though.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thats how I feel, not really sure how the roush would do against a stock gt500 though.
You would probably hold your own with a stock one… if you have done more than just the SC you would probably have the advantage. IMO

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
consider 0% APR you have and what the new money will cost you. (assuming you care). Other than that I d say go drive one if it s local. And what are they going to give you for your car with all you ve put in. My point is the $ may not work.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What about renting a GT500 whenever you feel the urge to have one? A new GT500 won’t have the 0% interest rate that you got with your GT.

What kind of power does your GT put down to the ground?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lunchabull

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
consider 0% APR you have and what the new money will cost you. (assuming you care). Other than that I d say go drive one if it s local. And what are they going to give you for your car with all you ve put in. My point is the $ may not work.
I definitely care about the money, I am no where near that point in my life yet haha. I might have to go drive one to see how it feels, not a bad idea. I was actually surprised they offered 43k, the car has 14k miles on it right now. The big downside is interest rates are very high right now compared to a few months ago.

OP
OP
Lunchabull

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
What about renting a GT500 whenever you feel the urge to have one? A new GT500 won’t have the 0% interest rate that you got with your GT.

What kind of power does your GT put down to the ground?
I haven't gotten it dynod yet but Roush claims it is 750hp crank, I also added the cooling kit and a resonator delete. The ford dealer that installed it claims it should be around 770hp now. The dealer said the resonator delete usually adds 10hp or so and the cooling kit gives a tiny boost in HP as well. . One of these days I will have to get it to a dyno, definitely on my list of things to do.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I haven't gotten it dynod yet but Roush claims it is 750hp crank, I also added the cooling kit and a resonator delete. The ford dealer that installed it claims it should be around 770hp now. The dealer said the resonator delete usually adds 10hp or so and the cooling kit gives a tiny boost in HP as well. . One of these days I will have to get it to a dyno, definitely on my list of things to do.
Sounds like you’re making enough power to outrun a GT500 in a straight line.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
At least for me, the GT500 is one of those cars that if I have the means and the opportunity, I‘m buying it and not thinking twice about it. It’s a Shelby after all and it just has a certain wow factor to it. And that’s not a knock on the Roush but the 500 is just a completely different car from the engine to the DCT to the aero to the suspension and it’s all engineered to work together. And who knows, maybe you’ll want to take it to the track.
Sponsored