Sponsored

Trade 2021 GT Premium for 2022 Mach1? Yes or No?

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I am currently driving a 2021 Mustang GT Premium and I am considering trading it in on a 2022 Mustang Mach1.

The GT I am currently driving is decked out with ever option except stripes and recaros (I wanted cooled seats and to do custom graphics). This means it has all the cool tech stuff, ambient lighting, digital dash and so on...but more importantly, it has the performance handling package and the magnaride. The only mods I have done are graphics and the shifter. (Cont. below pics)
B547F197-7ADA-469F-BE9E-239533E32259.jpg

shifterswap.jpg

Since the new Mach1 has only 10hp more than this car and no extra torque is there a good reason to make the swap? Are there any features of the Mach1 that would make it noticeably better than the GT with all the performance upgrades?

Would you do the trade if money was not a factor or would there be no reason. Please tell me why you feel the way you do on this topic.
Sponsored

Last edited:

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Uh, what’s on your hood?

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Is yours the auto or stick, if the auto, how do you like the shifter? How hard was it to install? Just ordered one today for mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is yours the auto or stick, if the auto, how do you like the shifter? How hard was it to install? Just ordered one today for mine.
It’s the automatic. The installation took all of about five minutes.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Biased of course but I love my Mach and would trade your car in for one. If you can take advantage of the used car market with respect to unloading yours and order through granger ford you might not lose your ass on the deal. The Mach 1 is not designed to have a substantial power advantage over a pp gt. The entire package works together to produce the best performing 5.0 mustang. If you’re not going to push it on track it may not have enough value to trade your current car. If you like the style of the Mach that might be enough to push you over the edge. Hard to go wrong with any mustang powered by a v8.

but if you get a Mach and replace the hood decal with something weird you and me are going to have a real come to Jesus moment :cwl:

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Probably not worth it unless you want the Tremec manual trans or you’re planning to track it.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Probably not worth it unless you want the Tremec manual trans or you’re planning to track it.
I will stick with auto since it is my daily, but what actual advantages does the Mach1 have on the track over a GT with all the performance and suspension upgrades?

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
I will stick with auto since it is my daily, but what actual advantages does the Mach1 have on the track over a GT with all the performance and suspension upgrades?
Just the cooling stuff from their Shelby brothers: oil and diff coolers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Just the cooling stuff from their Shelby brothers: oil and diff coolers.
That is what I suspected...better oil cooling and perhaps better diff. I do like the looks of the Mach1 better though. Especially the front end.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Also the wheels, exclusive FJG color and software differences for the magnaride
.and the intangibles that turn people’s heads because it is a Mach 1. Not sure anyone in the public will say “wow, look at that pp1 car”

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I'd stick with what you've got. You like the car clearly, have made it your own, and as others here have noted the only major mechanical difference between a fully built suspension on a PP1 and a mach is the coolers... which could also be installed if you so desired. Especially so if you want to stick with the auto.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I would say that if you have the disposable cash available then an upgrade is always the best course of action. That‘s pretty much a truism in any life situation.

Very few can say “money is not a factor” but those who can shouldn’t give moving up a second thought.
Sponsored