Sponsored

Traction control experience with the new Supercharger.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Did you mean the connector in the middle of the oic, to the right of the air cleaner box hold-down bolt? I found a post on the GT350 part of the forum with someone's centri charged car showing the connector, but it wasn't clear to me whether the poster meant this thing. I have a VMP Gen 2, but its almost identical to the Roush St 2.
20220115_085505.jpg
That’s it.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Keep advancetrac on. The only mode that works properly for me after my SC install with advancetrac still on is track mode, but you have to toggle the TCS off button even though the TCS light automatically lights up when you put it in track mode. I did a 440 foot 3rd 4th and 5th gear 50 to 100+mph rolling burnout the other day in this mode.

I blame a lot of the squirrelyness on most of the cars that have limited slip. I think its a weak setup that will let one wheel hook first and send you into the abyss. If/when my diff ever gets opened for gears its getting a locker or spool. Yes that can be a little worse in some situations because the whole rear end can break loose but in my experience its way more predictable and controllable. I also don't track my car. Just the occasional smoke show for friends and family.
I like my torsen diff alot.

Last edited:

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
If your conclusion is that traction control was why you went sideways after disconnecting the traction control, and thats proof that traction control was actually on right after you disabled it.. ohh kaay.

Power shifting to second WITHOUT a blower can easily get you crooked, esp if you’re even *slightly* turning the wheel.

Try it with the connector disconnected, sure but please be careful out there
Power shifted into 2nd going down a ramp onto the freeway *not racing a hellcat* just in sport+ and got it sideways and it completely cut off (forgot to turn off traction control) before I could get traction again. Felt in control, but I guess the TC thought different.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power shifted into 2nd going down a ramp onto the freeway *not racing a hellcat* just in sport+ and got it sideways and it completely cut off (forgot to turn off traction control) before I could get traction again. Felt in control, but I guess the TC thought different.
Remember that to stay straight while spinning the surface needs to be flat, if its got some slope to it the rear will drift that way and you will have to change lanes due to gravity while you are spinning. With TC on, it will kill power when you start spinning, you have to turn TCS off, but leaving advancetrac on is fine and thats what I recommend. Advancetrac wont kick in unless the rear steps out too far, also you have to atleast point the front wheels where you want to go for it to save you because advancetrac reacts to steering angle.

Last edited:

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Keep advancetrac on. The only mode that works properly for me after my SC install with advancetrac still on is track mode, but you have to toggle the TCS off button even though the TCS light automatically lights up when you put it in track mode. I did a 440 foot 3rd 4th and 5th gear 50 to 100+mph rolling burnout the other day in this mode.

I like my torsen diff alot.
I mean I usually don't have any problems controlling it but it has given me a couple of unexpected swerves about the time it starts hooking up that I have no explanation for. Most are straight like this though, I shifted to 3rd (A10) before letting go of the line lock

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean I usually don't have any problems controlling it but it has given me a couple of unexpected swerves about the time it starts hooking up that I have no explanation for. Most are straight like this though, I shifted to 3rd (A10) before letting go of the line lock
I had a few unexpected swerves in my CTS-V before I bought my mustang, and I ended up hitting a pole at 45+ mph. Check alignment mine was off I think

Also just keep advanctrac on and point the wheels where you want to go.

I learned the hard way

XjdjD1u.jpg

Last edited:

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I had a few unexpected swerves in my CTS-V before I bought my mustang and ended up hitting a pole at 45+ mph. Check alignment mine was off I think

Also just keep advanctrac on and point the wheels where you want to go.

I learned the hard way

XjdjD1u.jpg
So when I turn TC off I can do a standing burnout but as soon as I start to roll AT system picks up and stops all the fun. If I want to do a rolling burnout I have to have the AT system off also

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when I turn TC off I can do a standing burnout but as soon as I start to roll AT system picks up and stops all the fun. If I want to do a rolling burnout I have to have the AT system off also
I have never done a standing burnout in my life. I believe burnouts are all throttle no brakes. Not sure what you are saying with the AT, but the TCS wont let you spin. you can spin all you want with TCS off and advancetrac on if you keep it straight enough. all throttle no brakes 4 lyfe.

Edit* if you meant auto transmission, I paddle shift.

Edit again* if you are referring to advancetrac , put the car in track mode then toggle tcs

Last edited:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have never done a standing burnout in my life. I believe burnouts are all throttle no brakes. Not sure what you are saying with the AT, but the TCS wont let you spin. you can spin all you want with TCS off and advancetrac on if you keep it straight enough. all throttle no brakes 4 lyfe
Guessing you've never been to the dragstrip lol

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing you've never been to the dragstrip lol
Or In my Moms 1973 Thunderbird 429 with Michelin radials no posi. Just punch the throttle and the tires commence to torching.Car just sits there. No brakes needed.:crackup:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
If some of y'all want to do burnouts or smokin donuts as a reason to disconnect the traction control, more power to you. My complaint with it is its unpredictable. I've had it cut in at weird times leaving me unable to accelerate normally, and at other times lag the throttle and then drop the hammer a second or so after pressing the gas pedal. Drive by wire made it a lot more sophisticated than what was on my last Terminator, but they really don't have all the bugs worked out yet.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Doing a ruling burnout is a lot different than breaking the tires loose at 30mph and controlling the rear.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Doing some suspension mods like cradle and diff lock outs, vertical links, toe links and camber arms make the car more controllable when the tires are spinning. I’ve done all those plus Springs, Seay bars, end links, control arm bearings and rear subframe braces on my car with a Whipple, long tubes, full 3” exhaust etc and in the first few gears (6speed with 3.73’s) when it spins with decent throttle application the car will go where it’s pointed, without all the components on the rear cradle squirming around trying to push the back end of the car all over the road. It’s way more drivable with the suspension mods.
Sponsored