Sponsored

Traction control experience with the new Supercharger.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my Roush Phase 2 supercharger on for about two months and today went to an arena parking lot to see how it behaved wot from a slow roll. Well first gear gave lots of wheel spin but stayed pretty straight until I banged second and then she got a little sideways. I just dumped the clutch and it straightened back out. This was all done with traction control off via the toggle and five second hold. As stated on here many times that does not disable it completely. I see how so many people wreck these things. With traction control the car has a mind of its own. I had a Superformance Cobra and it was very predictable and easy to counter steer when a little out of shape. My next trip to the arena will be with traction control disconnected under the hood. This forum is a treasure trove of knowledge and I thank everyone for their contributions. I'm Seventy six and still fighting my way through childhood. I hope I never get there.
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
How did you shut off the traction control under the hood. Heck I still haven't figured out drive by wire throttle. Its squirrelly.

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did you shut off the traction control under the hood. Heck I still haven't figured out drive by wire throttle. Its squirrelly.
There's a plug/connector by the air box. Do a traction control plug search on the forum and you'll find some good photos.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If your conclusion is that traction control was why you went sideways after disconnecting the traction control, and thats proof that traction control was actually on right after you disabled it.. ohh kaay.

Power shifting to second WITHOUT a blower can easily get you crooked, esp if you’re even *slightly* turning the wheel.

Try it with the connector disconnected, sure but please be careful out there

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If your conclusion is that traction control was why you went sideways after disconnecting the traction control, and thats proof that traction control was actually on right after you disabled it.. ohh kaay.

Power shifting to second WITHOUT a blower can easily get you crooked, esp if you’re even *slightly* turning the wheel.

Try it with the connector disconnected, sure but please be careful out there
No. That wasn't my conclusion. That was expected. Banging second and wot will give you that everytime. Next time I go I'll disconnect it under the hood. I'm still learning but I realize these cars can be a handful with or without superchargers. The lot I go to is huge with nothing to hit. They actually autocross there during the spring and summer.

Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
"I realize these cars can be a handful with or without superchargers. "
Very true or Mustangs crashing wouldn't be so big on you tube. These cars can bite you if you are stupid about it.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Did you mean the connector in the middle of the oic, to the right of the air cleaner box hold-down bolt? I found a post on the GT350 part of the forum with someone's centri charged car showing the connector, but it wasn't clear to me whether the poster meant this thing. I have a VMP Gen 2, but its almost identical to the Roush St 2.
20220115_085505.jpg

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you mean the connector in the middle of the oic, to the right of the air cleaner box hold-down bolt? I found a post on the GT350 part of the forum with someone's centri charged car showing the connector, but it wasn't clear to me whether the poster meant this thing. I have a VMP Gen 2, but its almost identical to the Roush St 2.
20220115_085505.jpg
Yes. That black connector right next to that 10mm black bolt head.

Screenshot_20220115-080706_Chrome.jpg

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Super! Thanks! Something to try today.:thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The thumbs down was a mistake. I can't figure out how to delete it from my phone web page. Supposed to be all thumbs up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Super! Thanks! Something to try today.:thumbsdown::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The thumbs down was a mistake. I can't figure out how to delete it from my phone web page. Supposed to be all thumbs up.
No problem. We all do it. Disconnecting the plug will also disable line lock.

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
When I autocross I have to unplug that plug. Early on I tried just the track mode and disabling the traction control, but it still activated and wouldn't let me make any sort of a run. Traction control interacts all the time with the supercharger. I thought my street tires had pretty decent traction until I ran it with the plug pulled.

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Driving with the supercharger is a whole new learning process for me.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
What surprises me with my 19 is how fast the rear will kick when wheels start to spin. Nothing like my solid axle 14.

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I blame a lot of the squirrelyness on most of the cars that have limited slip. I think its a weak setup that will let one wheel hook first and send you into the abyss. If/when my diff ever gets opened for gears its getting a locker or spool. Yes that can be a little worse in some situations because the whole rear end can break loose but in my experience its way more predictable and controllable. I also don't track my car. Just the occasional smoke show for friends and family.
Sponsored