Sponsored

Tracking your order on the railway?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Guys, I know it's been a while but I can't find the thread that had info on tracking your order once it gets put on the train? Anyone have that info?
Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Call CSX (1-877-744-7279) and then picked an option for railcar information (5) and then (3) for locate (TouchTrace automated tracing system). It then connects the call to the CSX Touch Trace. Then say "location". And then it asks for you to speak the railcar letters and then the numbers

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Call CSX (1-877-744-7279) and then picked an option for railcar information (5) and then (3) for locate (TouchTrace automated tracing system). It then connects the call to the CSX Touch Trace. Then say "location". And then it asks for you to speak the railcar letters and then the numbers
How do you find out the railcar letters? Then I assume I'd speak out the VIN number?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Railcail info would be in the VVR

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
How do you find out the railcar letters? Then I assume I'd speak out the VIN number?
oh no it works by railcar number. you can ask your dealer or ford performance. Im not sure if ford performance will tell you but your dealer can. usually its like ETTX 502468 or something like that. so when you call the CSX have to say letters and numbers. the automated message will say "what is the car initial?" and you say:

"EEEE' "TEEE" "TEEE" "EX" and then it will say "and the car number?"

you say: "FIVE" "ZERO" "TWO" "FOUR" "SIX" "EIGHT"

its a bit confusing, but once you do it a couple times its easy. Good Luck!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
oh no it works by railcar number. you can ask your dealer or ford performance. Im not sure if ford performance will tell you but your dealer can. usually its like ETTX 502468 or something like that. so when you call the CSX have to say letters and numbers. the automated message will say "what is the car initial?" and you say:

"EEEE' "TEEE" "TEEE" "EX" and then it will say "and the car number?"

you say: "FIVE" "ZERO" "TWO" "FOUR" "SIX" "EIGHT"

its a bit confusing, but once you do it a couple times its easy. Good Luck!!
And what is the car number. Last six digits of the VIN?

I did all of this last go round but it's been a while :shrug:

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
And what is the car number. Last six digits of the VIN?

I did all of this last go round but it's been a while :shrug:
the car number is the rail car number....my example above is what the rail car number looks like. forget about your VIN, that has nothing to do with this.

VVR= vehicle visibility report is what dealers can use to find where their cars are in the manufacturing/shipping process.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
the shipper csx track/trace program isnt an automotive car locator...its a railcar locator. in theory, it could be coal, lawn mowers, lumber, whatever on a given railcar. the VVR just tells the dealer and or ford motor co what railcar number the automobile was loaded into. there are probably 6-8 vehicles in a given railcar.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
The key is the VVR then. I'll try to get that thanks.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Your dealer will have access to the VVR, when you call ford performance this is what they are looking at. If they are good they will give you a copy of it for your records, its just details all the steps of the build and delivery.
Sponsored