Sponsored

Track Time Limited due to High CHT

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I think @Flyhalf runs the same Mishimoto radiator so there should be an improvement over stock. My other option would be Fludyne 3 pass but they have supply chain issues and harder to ship to Europe. I really try to not go full blown race car though which is the reason I don't want grill delete / GT4 hood.
Without the ducting, you will not be utilizing the benefits of larger radiator. As far as the grill, you don't need to remove it, you just need to open up some sealed honeycomb cells with a dremel (I did lower grill only and it seemed to have helped quite a bit). However, once you do it, you will increase under hood pressures and front end lift, so a hood louver becomes highly recommended and very beneficial.

In reality, hood louver is the only thing from all of that that is going to make your car a bit less daily practical, but even that can be addressed.

PS I guess you could still skip the louvers and do hood pins, at least you will know that your hood won't fly away. Mach1's have quite a bit larger front grilles surface and same hood as regular GT. It seems to be fine.
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I don’t have the patience to open up the grille lol

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I still.run that. Is 77% bigger than pp1.
The main and most important mod for that is. Ducting and boxing. U want air passing only into the radiator. Pp1 is not boxed at all.
That is the main issue.
Last but not the least. You may want to consider some race louvers to heat extract and increase dramatically the airflow.
Cool will start looking into boxing the radiator that at least is a cheap mod.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Without the ducting, you will not be utilizing the benefits of larger radiator. As far as the grill, you don't need to remove it, you just need to open up some sealed honeycomb cells with a dremel (I did lower grill only and it seemed to have helped quite a bit). However, once you do it, you will increase under hood pressures and front end lift, so a hood louver becomes highly recommended and very beneficial.

In reality, hood louver is the only thing from all of that that is going to make your car a bit less daily practical, but even that can be addressed.

PS I guess you could still skip the louvers and do hood pins, at least you will know that your hood won't fly away. Mach1's have quite a bit larger front grilles surface and same hood as regular GT. It seems to be fine.
Thing is that EU Spec cars don't have hood vents because of pedestrian safety laws. So I literally have 0 vents on my hood. I may look into removing the rear sealing of the hood as this might help if I don't use vents. Will look into getting an Oil cooler though.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I may look into removing the rear sealing of the hood as this might help if I don't use vents.
that won't help much unfortunately. that area is a high pressure zone and this is what cowl style hoods use to suck air in and under the hood. there are fender vents options as well, if that would be more EU friendly.

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I have to ask, how do hood vents affect pedestrian safety?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask, how do hood vents affect pedestrian safety?
I have no idea and they do put them back in the 2018+ year so maybe this is not an issue anymore but they are not available on 2015-2017 cars.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not to side track this thread but I've never understood European pedestrian safety laws.
If you get hit by a car, you're going to have an extremely bad day regardless if the car had canards, a splitter, or hood vents 😄

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
As I understand it, if you hit a car in such a way as to knock them on top of your hood then there are fewer hard objects underneath when the hood crumples. Hence why the euro cars get no strut tower brace.

Still I'd think that is secondary to a broken ankle or leg from the bumper hit.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As I understand it, if you hit a car in such a way as to knock them on top of your hood then there are fewer hard objects underneath when the hood crumples. Hence why the euro cars get no strut tower brace.

Still I'd think that is secondary to a broken ankle or leg from the bumper hit.
Yeah but no strut tower brace has a lot of performance implications (not enough support for the girl on top of the hood) and you can install one after the fact as Ford Performance Europe will gladly sell you one. My Fiesta has rails that if you hit someone it will slide the engine under the chassis or at least that's what the sales rep explained to me.

Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
I'm about to do a Mishimoto Radiator, upgraded plumbing, and Mishimoto 10 row front mounted oil cooler and plumbing upgrade in early June. I can report back on performance.

I haven't been using water wetter or other additives and would prefer to cool the car without additives even though you hear both sides of the coin about the additives. I'd rather cool the car with air than chemicals.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
I'm about to do a Mishimoto Radiator, upgraded plumbing, and Mishimoto 10 row front mounted oil cooler and plumbing upgrade in early June. I can report back on performance.

I haven't been using water wetter or other additives and would prefer to cool the car without additives even though you hear both sides of the coin about the additives. I'd rather cool the car with air than chemicals.
im having good results using mishi’s radiator, but their oil cooler isn’t near big enough for hard track use. You need one about 4x the size.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

@slowdown that should be a good kit. But try this. Before you crack open your coolant system, install the Mishi sandwich plate onto the OEM oil cooler. Then take that to the track and see if your temps are reduced. If so, then complete the kit with radiator and new coolant (and keeping the OEM oil cooler).

That is basically my setup (with PP1 radiator).

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
im having good results using mishi’s radiator, but their oil cooler isn’t near big enough for hard track use. You need one about 4x the size.
Did you remove OEM oil cooler?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Also I feel like I’ve asked this before, for those of you with oil coolers, where do you measure the oil pressure?

I am going to replace the GT350 pressure/temp gauges with actual gauges.
Sponsored