Sponsored

Track results for the every day average street car guys. 2018 GT 10 Speed

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We had some cooler weather down here in South Florida last night so I took our 2018 A10 car up to PBIR for a few passes. What an awesome night it ended up being.

First off I'm not an experienced driver. This 2018 10 Speed is really the first car I've ever spent time with at the track. I suck at driving a manual and I'm honestly afraid of driving some of the cars we've owned due to the power they make. This new A10 car is really easy to drive and I feel very comfortable in it. No need to worry about powershifting or missing gears with this one. Just put it in drag mode, turn off traction control and let her rip!

The last time out my best pass was a [email protected]. Mods on the car at that time were a Lund Racing E85 tune, JLT Cold Air Intake, Lethal Resonator Delete, Lethal Race Axleback, DSS halfshafts/driveshaft and the BMR bread and butter suspension package. Stock wheels and tires up front and a set of 19" replicas along with a 305/35/19 MT Street SS drag radials. No weight taken out of the car as well. This combo on the dyno yielded us 462rwhp.

Since then we installed a set of Kooks 1-7/8" headers with the offroad legs and had the tune checked by Lund Racing. The car made 476rwhp with this combo so it was time to test it at the track and compare it to our runs before the header install.

My first pass last night foot braking the car at 1500 rpm yielded me my best pass so far of an [email protected]. That's with a 1.73 60ft. I messed around on a few other passes launching at 2000rpms and the car was consistent running 11.36 and 11.37. As the night went on I tried to launch a little harder at the 2800 range and got my best 60ft of 1.70 however there must have been something that triggered the beam at the end of the track as my slip showed no ET or MPH :mad:.

I was pissed so I hot lapped it and got right back on the line. Same thing with a 2800rpm launch. Cut a 1.71 60ft but the car spun and hopped a bit. I thought for sure it would be a crappy run but it ended up being a [email protected]. I was definitely surprised.

Here are the slips from last night. Looking forward to putting some slicks and skinnies on the car and getting it back to the track one more time before the Whipple goes on.

If you guys have any questions feel free to give me a shout and I'll be glad to help you out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
great times!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome! This is a great example...of the average guy who just throws a few mods and drag radials on stock style wheels.

No converter, no gear changes, just basic mods and almost in the 10s! Great work guys.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I just bought the JLT intake for my ‘18 and currently going through the data logging process with Lund right now! So are you keeping the transmission lever in D and putting it in drag mode?

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
What are the "connection legs"
How is it different from the off road connection ?
Does it reuse the OEM mid pipe ?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I just bought the JLT intake for my ‘18 and currently going through the data logging process with Lund right now! So are you keeping the transmission lever in D and putting it in drag mode?
Here's the process for when I take it down the track. I put the shifter all the way back in the S position and turn off traction control/Advancetrac with the switch. Then tap the left paddle to put it into 1st. Then I do my burnout outside of the water box once the tires are wet.

Then I put the car in D and use the switch to put it in drag mode. Turn off traction control/Advancetrac again as when you switch from S to D it turns traction control back on.

Stage the car and hold the brake as hard as possible bringing the car to the rpm I want to launch at and then let her rip.

I've tried 1500, 2000, 2500 and as close to 3000rpms as possible without the car creeping on me. My best 60fts have been n the higher rpm range as close to 3000 as I can get.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are the "connection legs"
How is it different from the off road connection ?
Does it reuse the OEM mid pipe ?
The kooks headers have legs that go from the collector to the factory connection before the resonator. So it still retains the resonator. In our case we removed the resonator with the Lethal Performance resonator delete X pipe.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
That's a great option(and cheaper too) .

Alway had headers on previous cars but not so sure on this one.May be I am getting old but no longer a fan of that too loud"
If I do ,it will be definitely be the Kooks (1 3/4) and being able to keep the resonator should help keep the rasp down .
Sponsored