Sponsored

Track Pack - Where are the engine oil, transmission, and differential coolers?

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Took delivery of my Track Pack car on Dec 26 but it didn't come with the raised decklid spoiler. Just a regular skinny one. My dealer is following up with Ford right now to see who fell asleep on the assembly line.

The aluminum strut tower brace is there nonetheless.

Just to be sure they didn't miss anything else, where are the engine oil cooler, transmission cooler, and differential coolers located? How do I tell whether the front springs are heavy duty?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does it have leather suede seats? Sounds like tech pack

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have a track pack. And I've seen tech packs. They both have strut braces except the track pack has a better one. The coolers are behind the front bumper. One on each side below the turn signal/marker light. You'll see a scoop. Or open the hood and look between the fender and headlight.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Rear diff cooler is in the rear valence, exhausts through the diffuser. The oil coolers for engine and transmission are infront of the front wheels, one on each side. I believe all cars get the engine oil cooler.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If it's a tech pack, you'll have sync 3 and navigation.

Tech and track pack have the same springs. This has been confirmed.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If you have a track pack your tower brace should be welded like this.
image.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Rear diff cooler is in the rear valence, exhausts through the diffuser. The oil coolers for engine and transmission are infront of the front wheels, one on each side. I believe all cars get the engine oil cooler.
Correct

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If it's a tech pack, you'll have sync 3 and navigation.

Tech and track pack have the same springs. This has been confirmed.
Also the R has the same rear springs

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
[MENTION=18996]GTA Mustang[/MENTION], if you don't mind, why not just post some pictures of your strut brace, dash, and seats. We'll be able to tell you which one you have right away.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. You may just have the tech spoiler. Wouldn't be the first time ford screwed up putting the wrong part on. You never hear them upgrading a part though. I wish my track pack had the wrong R wheels and Front splitter.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
And also if you could post the vin I can look into it

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Problem is a base has a track pack interior with the small rear spoiler. So if they built it as a base, then the coolers are possibly the only easy way to know. Maybe check for magna ride, but not going there... already a thread on that.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Problem is a base has a track pack interior with the small rear spoiler. So if they built it as a base, then the coolers are possibly the only easy way to know. Maybe check for magna ride, but not going there... already a thread on that.

That's why I asked for a picture of the strut brace as well. The track pack and R model have a different brace than the base and the tech. Voodooo posted a picture of the track pack/R strut brace for reference.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah. You may just have the tech spoiler. Wouldn't be the first time ford screwed up putting the wrong part on. You never hear them upgrading a part though. I wish my track pack had the wrong R wheels and Front splitter.

LOL! That would be lucky for sure, but I think they're keeping a pretty close count on those CF wheels.

OP
OP
GTA Mustang

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Thanks guys for the fast response. That's awesome!!!

The car does have a welded aluminum strut tower brace and a small screen on the dash. So that's comforting. I will have a good look tomorrow based on all of your input and will post some pics.

The car was rushed out of the dealership on Dec 26 because I wanted to store it at work before snow hits the ground. In doing so I didn't allow them time to do any of the PDI except installing the front splitter. So the car is dirty, still has all the stickers on, both front seats and the sun visors are still wrapped in plastic bags, the front foot well is covered by a plastic sheet with mud on the driver's side, and all the stickies covering the screen and emblems are still there. Keys, owner's manual package, and tire pump are still in sealed bags. Factory QC and dealer PDI check list are still in the glove box. Oh yeah, the stripe installer used a fine tip erasable marker to plot a center line on the car to line up the stripes, and the marks are still there LOL. It hasn't been touch since - as of today it is still sitting dirty in the same shape as it first rolled off the truck except for the front splitter.

It wasn't until I left the office to go home on Dec 26 and looked at the delivery pictures that I realize it only has a skinny rear spoiler. :ford: That made me wonder what else can be missing. :rolleyes:
Sponsored