Sponsored

Track Attack cars for sale?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
G0082 was the 2016 Track Package GT 350 I drove in June.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions that there are still some 2016 Shelby GT350 Pre-Production cars out there whether they be a 2 seat or a 4 seat car!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Just curiousā€¦ Does anyone has any idea how or when GT350 track attack cars will come available?

thank you in advance!
When I did my track attack two years ago in Utah they had a bunch of GT 350s for sale immediately following my class. These were off-road only vehicles with no emissions and no way to legally register them so if youā€™re looking for a track car only, perhaps some of them are available but doubtful

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
When I did my track attack two years ago in Utah they had a bunch of GT 350s for sale immediately following my class. These were off-road only vehicles with no emissions and no way to legally register them so if youā€™re looking for a track car only, perhaps some of them are available but doubtful
Are you sure those were not the Boss 302's?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Thanks for confirming my suspicions that there are still some 2016 Shelby GT350 Pre-Production cars out there whether they be a 2 seat or a 4 seat car!
I guess I need to be educated on what ā€œpre productionā€ is.
My understanding is pre production cars are not certified to be sold for street use but mainly produced ā€œbeforeā€ regular production. Produced for testing purposes such as safety testing etc.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
instructor I spoke to while at the school said they are "over maintained"!
Well yeah, I don't think they'd say they're under-maintained before you strap yourself in and floor it around the track :-)

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I guess I need to be educated on what ā€œpre productionā€ is.
My understanding is pre production cars are not certified to be sold for street use but mainly produced ā€œbeforeā€ regular production. Produced for testing purposes such as safety testing etc.
Ford has 4 levels of Pre-Production vehicles which are as follows:

VP - Variable Prototype
TT - Tooling Tryout
PP - Pilot Production
MP - Mass Production

VP vehicles (typically only 1 or 2 produced) do not come with a VIN therefore they are not available for sale and in most cases get destroyed under strict Ford supervision.

TT, PP and MP vehicles all come with VIN's and can become available for sale at various Manheim Auto Auction sites and mostly in the Detroit metro area.

Ford assigns a specific VIN series for these 3 pre-production levels therefore that unique VIN series will not fall into the regular production VIN series vehicles.

Back some 8 years ago I was able to locate and purchase 3 second generation Boss 302 cars namely PP0001, PP0002 and PP0004.

After doing some research I found out that PP0001 (2 seat car) spent most of its time going to various auto shows in the U.S. (PP0003 did the same thing in Canada) in order to help launch the 2012 Boss 302 model in early 2011.

PP0002 (4 seat car) ended up on the Nascar Experience Tour and attended 16 NASCAR races in 2011 starting with Daytona in February and ending up with Homestead at the end of that same year.

Based on many conversations with both the FRAP and Dearborn personnel these pre-production vehicles get released by Ford from time to time and based on my understanding it takes 2 Ford engineers to sign off on each pre-production vehicle prior to release to Manheim for auction at least that was the case with my Boss 302 cars.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Ford has 4 levels of Pre-Production vehicles which are as follows:

VP - Variable Prototype
TT - Tooling Tryout
PP - Pilot Production
MP - Mass Production

VP vehicles (typically only 1 or 2 produced) do not come with a VIN therefore they are not available for sale and in most cases get destroyed under strict Ford supervision.

TT, PP and MP vehicles all come with VIN's and can become available for sale at various Manheim Auto Auction sites and mostly in the Detroit metro area.

Ford assigns a specific VIN series for these 3 pre-production levels therefore that unique VIN series will not fall into the regular production VIN series vehicles.

Back some 8 years ago I was able to locate and purchase 3 second generation Boss 302 cars namely PP0001, PP0002 and PP0004.

After doing some research I found out that PP0001 (2 seat car) spent most of its time going to various auto shows in the U.S. (PP0003 did the same thing in Canada) in order to help launch the 2012 Boss 302 model in early 2011.

PP0002 (4 seat car) ended up on the Nascar Experience Tour and attended 16 NASCAR races in 2011 starting with Daytona in February and ending up with Homestead at the end of that same year.

Based on many conversations with both the FRAP and Dearborn personnel these pre-production vehicles get released by Ford from time to time and based on my understanding it takes 2 Ford engineers to sign off on each pre-production vehicle prior to release to Manheim for auction at least that was the case with my Boss 302 cars.
Very coolā€¦
Thank you for that!

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I drove #6 last year it was a 17 felt well worn in compared to my 2016 ans 2019

SN8KBTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE, 2022 ZR2 Silverado, 2023 Acura MDX
I drove #27 a few weeks ago and I would buy it.

Sponsored

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
An instructor today said they would be going on sale fairly soon after the last track attack in November. He estimated they would sell them in the 40k range and that they would go almost instantly.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
An instructor today said they would be going on sale fairly soon after the last track attack in November. He estimated they would sell them in the 40k range and that they would go almost instantly.
If was much younger and in better health I would certainly be interested in one of these cool cars but subject to only being on site and being able to determine which vehicle would interest me based model year, mileage, condition and chassis number.

Will there be any R models for sale or will it be all GT350 Track Pack cars to the best of your knowledge?

With the 6 year model run for the FPC engine GT350/R's now discontinued how cool would it be to secure an early production GT350 for a great deal of fun down the road!

These FPC powered Shelby's will continue to be very much coveted as Ford moves forward toward partial or full electrification for all things Mustang.

Did the instructor mention how many cars would be for sale and how the sales process would work going forward?

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
If was much younger and in better health I would certainly be interested in one of these cool cars but subject to only being on site and being able to determine which vehicle would interest me based model year, mileage, condition and chassis number.

Will there be any R models for sale or will it be all GT350 Track Pack cars to the best of your knowledge?

With the 6 year model run for the FPC engine GT350/R's now discontinued how cool would it be to secure an early production GT350 for a great deal of fun down the road!

These FPC powered Shelby's will continue to be very much coveted as Ford moves forward toward partial or full electrification for all things Mustang.

Did the instructor mention how many cars would be for sale and how the sales process would work going forward?
We didn't go into details much, it was just a passing question another attendee asked. All of the PP vehicles (prototype builds) will be crushed and the later builds will be sold. The only vehicle types available are base GT350s. They have a mix of 2016-2019/20 it would seem.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
We didn't go into details much, it was just a passing question another attendee asked. All of the PP vehicles (prototype builds) will be crushed and the later builds will be sold. The only vehicle types available are base GT350s. They have a mix of 2016-2019/20 it would seem.
Appreciate the feedback as only so much can be determined during a short conversation.

With that being said I am wondering why all of the Pre-Production (PP & MP) cars would be crushed as that would be a great deal of money just thown away for no reason?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
At 40K, they would go instantly. As much as these cars see lots of track time, they are also well maintained.
Sponsored