Sponsored

TPMS NIGHTMARE ON MY 2015 GT 5.0

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What procedure are you using to put the car in TPMS training mode? Is it the brake pedal one or the toggle switch one?
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I had a sensor on my '19 GT that wouldn't retrain. It was a bad battery. Bought a replacement from Tirerack.com for a decent price and had Discount Tire swap it out for me. Piece of cake!

These sensors have batteries and they do fail on occasion.

https://www.tpms.com/ is another place to buy sensors

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
*** Not to bug anyone - people. ***
But I have an updated reply & post with questions.

*** See this extra post I found posted on "THE MUSTANG SOURCE" while googling about this "TPMS Re-Learning Procedure" - "subject." ***

*** Originally Posted by elkk View Post
Just found this post online and was wondering if anyone has seen or tried it? Does it really work? I will be changing to winter wheels and tires soon and was about to purchase the Ford TPMS Reset Tool, but if this works why buy the tool.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. Mine is 40psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** I tried this easy way you know & accidentally found out that it's even easier than that on my (automatic/2015/gt/5.0) - As I did this you know - (after I made sure all 4 tires were at 32 psi)/(and while I was sitting in the car with everything off)/(I hit the push/start/stop/acc/ignition) button "once" to where it's in the "on" & or "accessory" mode & "lit-up" (without touching the brake pedal) & then I hit the hazard lights 6 times in a row after that & the horn honked & the dash said TRAIN RIGHT FRONT TIRE & so I let a little air out of the front left tire until the horn honked & looked at the dash & it said TRAIN RIGHT FRONT TIRE so I went to let a little air out of the right front tire as I just did with the left front tire & it took a long time & letting about 10-15 pounds of air out of it before the horn finally honked again & I looked at the dash & waited to see what it would say - (after all the other idiot messages stopped showing up) - (about training the tires next) & it said TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT which "TOTALLY PISSED ME OFF" - "AGAIN" as that has happened a lot during this re-learning procedure as I've tried multiple times at an (expensive/hard-to-find-one-that-works-right/late-night/non-convenient-store/$2.00-per-5-minutes-of-use-"air"-machine)!!! - So again, if anyone knows a trick to doing this "CHEAPLY" as I'm a very broke "(cancer/lung-infection/many other old-age physical problems)" "SURVIVNG" "disabled"-"veteran" just trying to keep my almost 8-year-old car running "all-the-way" "RIGHT!!!" ***

*** My question is - Can the right front tire's sensor still be bad & causing this error/REPEAT message even though the horn honked eventually even after letting out all that air out to make it honk?

*** And my other question is - If the front left tire (as it keeps doing) - (does re-train fine before telling me to re-train the right front) - then wouldn't the front left tire's pressure reading also be displayed on the dash instead of only showing me - (3 little dots where the pressure for the left front tire is supposed to be displayed on the dash) - (which is what is constantly showing on the dash now) - (as in no pressure reading at all for the front left tire on the dash)?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Can the right front tire's sensor still be bad
did you replace it yet? If not, then yes it's still mal-functioning. Go spend money already and get at least 1 (should get 4) new ones. Or roll the clock ALL THE WAY BACK to 1995 and use a manual gauge and give the on-board computer a giant middle finger.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
did you replace it yet? If not, then yes it's still mal-functioning. Go spend money already and get at least 1 (should get 4) new ones. Or roll the clock ALL THE WAY BACK to 1995 and use a manual gauge and give the on-board computer a giant middle finger.
can you even buy one sensor?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
"THIS ONE"

***Just found this post online and was wondering if anyone has seen or tried it? Does it really work? I will be changing to winter wheels and tires soon and was about to purchase the Ford TPMS Reset Tool, but if this works why buy the tool.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
"THIS ONE"

***Just found this post online and was wondering if anyone has seen or tried it? Does it really work? I will be changing to winter wheels and tires soon and was about to purchase the Ford TPMS Reset Tool, but if this works why buy the tool.

Sooo I learned the hard way that hazard light thing doesn't seem to work. It says its in training mode, but it doesn't train. Its messed up.

Do this instead and I bet it will work.

1) With the car off, get in it and tap the brake pedal once.
2) Then cycle the car power on/off/on/off/on (accessory power only, don't start the engine)
3) (leaving the accessory power on) Tap the brake pedal again
4) then cycle the car power off/on/off/on/off/on

It should honk and say its in training mode, but this time its for real.

(aside, if you take it to a dealership they can do all this at the service desk using the training tool w/o lowering the tire pressures, you don't need to drop off the car or have them take it around to a tech. Also many tire places can do this for you too. Alternatively the training tool is like $30 on ebay and saves you the trouble of dealing with air pressures, but if you only need to do this one time, then sure air pressure should work).

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
I will buy one when I can afford to basically & see if that "WORKS!!!"

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
Sooo I learned the hard way that hazard light thing doesn't seem to work. It says its in training mode, but it doesn't train. Its messed up.

Do this instead and I bet it will work.

1) With the car off, get in it and tap the brake pedal once.
2) Then cycle the car power on/off/on/off/on (accessory power only, don't start the engine)
3) (leaving the accessory power on) Tap the brake pedal again
4) then cycle the car power off/on/off/on/off/on

It should honk and say its in training mode, but this time its for real.

(aside, if you take it to a dealership they can do all this at the service desk using the training tool w/o lowering the tire pressures, you don't need to drop off the car or have them take it around to a tech. Also many tire places can do this for you too. Alternatively the training tool is like $30 on ebay and saves you the trouble of dealing with air pressures, but if you only need to do this one time, then sure air pressure should work).

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
Thanks for the advice you know. I'll try all that too.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You can get a complete set of OEM TPMS sensors on eBay for under $30.
Sponsored