Toyota Supra GR vs Mustang Shelby GT350

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
This is such a Top Gear amateur rip off. He should come up with a new format. Those all looked like his buddies cars that he’s ripping on. Parts of it made me chuckle, not in a good way, and shake my head.
I personally know the host and a couple other guys that created this show, they put a lot of effort into it and for their first episode it’s pretty good if you ask me. You can tell they have a clear vision of the direction they want to be in, which does seem a little “top gear forward”... Which isn’t a bad thing. You gotta start somewhere, first episodes are always difficult.

To be honest my only major issue with it was the video editing and the drone footage. I would not want to watch that on a big screen, almost gives you motion sickness. I think the drone footage and scene transitions could be toned down a bit.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
It seemed like a fair review and he summed up the pros and cons of each car well enough. It was a little hard to watch for me. The humor felt very forced and the audience with masks on felt like just a bunch of friends. Didn't really work for me.

I like the head to head track stuff though so I will give it another try

Sponsored

marrydisoza12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marry
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Skyline
This isn't only an examination test between a couple of superior vehicles. This is a battle between the 2019 Portage Horse Shelby GT350 and the 2020 Toyota GR jdm car. It's a fight among of all shapes and sizes, dislodging versus refinement, three pedals versus two oar shifters, old school versus new. America versus Japan.

It's a battle that has been underway for over 50 years. Carroll Shelby's first Colt GT350 was worked in 1965, developed in a little modern structure in Venice, California. That model was a distant memory when the primary Toyota Supra hit the road in the last part of the 1970s, and it was at that point an important exemplary when the fourth-gen Supra, with its 2JZ twin-turbo inline-six, began killing Ferraris in 1993. Presently, with the arrival of the Supra for 2020—but with all around help from BMW—these two legends are at last moving off mechanical production systems simultaneously.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Jeesuz, someone get that guy some pedal extenders. licking that steering wheel.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
That Supra is ugly as... It's like they did everything over the top that they could and shoved it into one car.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I hope there is not a Track Attack episode 2.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This isn't only an examination test between a couple of superior vehicles. This is a battle between the 2019 Portage Horse Shelby GT350 and the 2020 Toyota GR jdm car. It's a fight among of all shapes and sizes, dislodging versus refinement, three pedals versus two oar shifters, old school versus new. America versus Japan.

It's a battle that has been underway for over 50 years. Carroll Shelby's first Colt GT350 was worked in 1965, developed in a little modern structure in Venice, California. That model was a distant memory when the primary Toyota Supra hit the road in the last part of the 1970s, and it was at that point an important exemplary when the fourth-gen Supra, with its 2JZ twin-turbo inline-six, began killing Ferraris in 1993. Presently, with the arrival of the Supra for 2020—but with all around help from BMW—these two legends are at last moving off mechanical production systems simultaneously.
“All around help from BMW”???

You got that wrong... there’s no help from BMW... it is a BMW.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
“All around help from BMW”???

You got that wrong... there is not help from BMW... it is a BMW.
Pretty much. Toyota did put everything through it's own durability test, so if someone wanted the most reliable BMW currently available, the Supra would be a good choice.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
man I needed a good laugh I kept waiting for the budget road trip in a distant country in a antiquated car. the girl I found very comical in several spots in the crowd same time

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Coming from an 18 GT convertible owner. I just don't get the GT350. Such a niche market for a high priced track machine that gives up so much else as a daily driver. And, is it really that brilliant on the track? 460hp baseGbase kills it in the 1/8 and 1/4 while giving up 69hp and for $20-30k less.. Would have loved to have seen that Vodoo engine in an A10 automatic. I bet it would have kept the car in the power band much better. That Supra drag race was embarrassing. It does sound amazing though.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Coming from an 18 GT convertible owner. I just don't get the GT350. Such a niche market for a high priced track machine that gives up so much else as a daily driver. And, is it really that brilliant on the track? 460hp baseGbase kills it in the 1/8 and 1/4 while giving up 69hp and for $20-30k less.. Would have loved to have seen that Vodoo engine in an A10 automatic. I bet it would have kept the car in the power band much better. That Supra drag race was embarrassing. It does sound amazing though.
:crackup::crazy::facepalm::puke::cwl:

Might wanna go back to that 18 GT Vert...

If you like straight lines you’re definitely trolling the wrong forum. Lol

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
:crackup::crazy::facepalm::puke::cwl:

Might wanna go back to that 18 GT Vert...

If you like straight lines you’re definitely trolling the wrong forum. Lol
Not trollling, the feed was in my email. Im definitely a straight line guy! Can't afford corners. But seriously, put it into context. The 350 was the peak of mustang performance before the recent GT500. Chevrolet's peak Camaro, the ZL1 destroys the base SS not only at the track, but also at the drag strip. Regardless of transmission choice. Just thinking out loud.
Sponsored