Sponsored

Toyota Supra GR vs Mustang Shelby GT350

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Can't get over how ugly the Supra is
I have seen several in person and sat in one. I don't mind the design, it's unique for sure but at least Toyota did something unique and not boring/vanilla.

My biggest issue was getting in and out of the car. Due to the design and low door height you have to twist your neck and it'a a little tricky. I am only 5'11" too (but have a long torso).

Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
This is such a Top Gear amateur rip off. He should come up with a new format. Those all looked like his buddies cars that he’s ripping on. Parts of it made me chuckle, not in a good way, and shake my head.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Tough to watch... may have just been me, but not my flavor of car review. Early on in the video while he's talking and driving the Supra, if you look at the car in the background run off the track am make dust bunnies, it was the black GT350. Interesting little blunder moment.

Another thing... he falls asleep at the tree. That's not car error.

And yet, lastly, the Mustang is a sole venture... ALL FORD. The Supra just doesn't do it for me, and knowing it's mostly a Beemer kills it for me. May be a sweet little ride for some, but it doesn't peak my interest one bit.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
It would be nice if you could actually drive around with the windows down in the Supra.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I think the new supra is quite attractive but Im a JDM guy a heart. The wind buffeting issue concerns be but seems like a nice DD.

This is such a Top Gear amateur rip off. He should come up with a new format. Those all looked like his buddies cars that he’s ripping on. Parts of it made me chuckle, not in a good way, and shake my head.
Agreed it was cringy at times but I cant knock someone for trying. Maybe he will get better.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Hahaha, nice F&F throwback graphics on the Supra :D

It really needs a big-ish rear wing to balance out the design, and while I originally hated it, it's sort of grown on me (I say this as a former 4th gen owner).
I completely agree, it needs the wing to complete the look. The Toyota Supra Heritage Edition looks really nice, I wish that they all came like that. The old school taillights and the diffuser are a nice touch but it really needs a wing. If I couldn't get my hands on a GT350 Heritage Edition, I would have definitely gone with the supra if they looked like that.

I believe Toyota will release this special edition trim at the end of the Supra's life cycle. This prototype model was showcased at SEMA and went back to Toyota HQ

toyota-supra-gr-heritage-la-live-pics-26.jpg

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Tough to watch... may have just been me, but not my flavor of car review. Early on in the video while he's talking and driving the Supra, if you look at the car in the background run off the track am make dust bunnies, it was the black GT350. Interesting little blunder moment.

Another thing... he falls asleep at the tree. That's not car error.

And yet, lastly, the Mustang is a sole venture... ALL FORD. The Supra just doesn't do it for me, and knowing it's mostly a Beemer kills it for me. May be a sweet little ride for some, but it doesn't peak my interest one bit.
The host is questionable. I saw him appear on the GT350 vs M2 Competition Track Attack on Throttle House. He did the track times for the cars and got a 1.21.0 for the M2 and a 1.21.04 for the GT350.

In their M2 Competition vs Honda Civic Type R track attack the host of the show (I don't know his name but the dude who is not british) set the track times and the M2 did 1.13.09 and the Civic Type R did 1.14.08

I am by no means an expert on track racing, I don't know anything outside of Gran Turismo 5, but I know that a 7.91 second difference in a race is a HUGE difference for the SAME car on the SAME track. I never took my GT350 out on the track yet, but I am certain than an experienced driver could beat a Civic Type R in a GT350 10/10 times.

I remember when I saw the videos I scratched by head, I was like wtf? Maybe I am hearing it wrong or I am misunderstanding something.

I timestamped the videos so you can see him say the lap times. You can go back and see who sets them

sixspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
DS DS7, BMW Z4M Coupe, Renault Twingo RS133
The host is questionable. I saw him appear on the GT350 vs M2 Competition Track Attack on Throttle House. He did the track times for the cars and got a 1.21.0 for the M2 and a 1.21.04 for the GT350.

In their M2 Competition vs Honda Civic Type R track attack the host of the show (I don't know his name but the dude who is not british) set the track times and the M2 did 1.13.09 and the Civic Type R did 1.14.08

I am by no means an expert on track racing, I don't know anything outside of Gran Turismo 5, but I know that a 7.91 second difference in a race is a HUGE difference for the SAME car on the SAME track. I never took my GT350 out on the track yet, but I am certain than an experienced driver could beat a Civic Type R in a GT350 10/10 times.

I remember when I saw the videos I scratched by head, I was like wtf? Maybe I am hearing it wrong or I am misunderstanding something.
You are misunderstanding something - the cars aren't the same. The original M2 and M2 Competition are quite different cars. The M2 Competition in the Civic Type R video has revised suspension, and comes with the S55 straight-six engine out of the M3 and M4,with 410hp/406lbft. Whereas the car in the GT350 comparison is the original M2 and has the N55 engine with only 365hp/343lbft.

OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor

They are not the same track. I am local. The first track in the original post is Toronto Motorsports Park, the second is Shannonville Motorsports Park and it was ran into two different configuarations in your videos. For the record, my best time in my Mustang GT is 1:19:9 in the configuration you see in my sig at Toronto Motorsports Park. The driver is very experienced in the video and is at an instructor at tracks such as Mosport GP. It is clear that you are not any sort of expert on track racing.

IainD90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Iain
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R #KR666, 2023 Bronco Sasquatch
They are not the same track. I am local. The first track in the original post is Toronto Motorsports Park, the second is Shannonville Motorsports Park and it was ran into two different configuarations in your videos. For the record, my best time in my Mustang GT is 1:19:9 in the configuration you see in my sig at Toronto Motorsports Park. The driver is very experienced in the video and is at an instructor at tracks such as Mosport GP. It is clear that you are not any sort of expert on track racing.
Both episodes were filmed at Toronto Motorsports Park. That is not Shannonville
Sponsored