Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I’ve been looking for a solution for a bed storage box that would work with a Bakflip MX4 tonneau. I wanted to buy their BAKbox but I don’t think they make it for the tacoma due to the bed rails.

I saw the Toyota OEM cargo divider. It would also work for what I want to do. But it looks like the adapters for the bed rails might extend above the top of the sides of the bed from their photos. I’m just wondering if it would interfere with a tonneau cover sitting flush on the box. Or the MX4 rails.

Does anyone have experience with the cargo divider?
Sponsored

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I have the OE cargo divider in my Tacoma, with the OE soft tonneau cover, has no issues. I noticed the same as you did, seems the photos of the bed divider depict the adpaters being really high. They're not, so any tonneau cover should work with the OE bed divider.
2024 Tacoma Toyota OEM Bed Cargo Divider for 2024 Tacoma 4th gen IMG_0974 (1)

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Awesome. Thanks for the intel.

What are your thoughts on the system? Can it travel the full length of the bed? Also sounds like it flips up if you want it out of the way?

taco4moro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road Premium
I have the OE cargo divider in my Tacoma, with the OE soft tonneau cover, has no issues. I noticed the same as you did, seems the photos of the bed divider depict the adpaters being really high. They're not, so any tonneau cover should work with the OE bed divider.
IMG_0974 (1).jpg
Thinking about picking this up too, are those T-slots on the divider rail?

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Awesome. Thanks for the intel.

What are your thoughts on the system? Can it travel the full length of the bed? Also sounds like it flips up if you want it out of the way?
I really like it - perfect for my needs, it's seems to be pretty robust too. It'll travel almost full length of bed, essentially travels length of the bed rail. It does not flip out of the way. It's easy to take it out if you want.

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
The bak tonneau covers relocate the oe bed rails slightly lower. What’s the height or clearance to bottom of bed with oe bed rail location?

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
The bak tonneau covers relocate the oe bed rails slightly lower. What’s the height or clearance to bottom of bed with oe bed rail location?
how do you relocate the bed rails. Do you have to physically remove them and reinstall them lower dow in the walls?

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
This real truck bak x4ts install video for 2022 tundra I assume to be similar for taco. I’ll have to check but I think it’s similar for the bak flip as well.

OP
OP

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Hmmmm. So unless there’s an inch or two of clearance on the bottom of the cargo divider I’m guessing it’s not going to work with the MX4 and a bed mat.

Thanks for posting the video.
Sponsored