Sponsored

Towing with a manual GT PP1 (Bullitt). Need guidance.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Meanwhile everyone in Europe reading this are shaking their head in wry amusement :)

2 ton car, performance brakes, manual gearbox pulling 1000lbs?.......just watch your speed.

Towing in North America uses huge tow vehicles because people tow at huge speeds, with huge weights. Europe allows towing with way smaller cars but they limit your speed to 50mph (80Kmph)
Sponsored

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
Meanwhile everyone in Europe reading this are shaking their head in wry amusement :)

2 ton car, performance brakes, manual gearbox pulling 1000lbs?.......just watch your speed.

Towing in North America uses huge tow vehicles because people tow at huge speeds, with huge weights. Europe allows towing with way smaller cars but they limit your speed to 50mph (80Kmph)
Exactly - the Dutch and the Brits love their caravans - see Top Gear for there hatred of being stuck behind such a vechile at 50 MPH on a 70 MPH road.....

and talk about an awkward load to tow - a huge boxey thing with little wheels....

interesting thread - i was thinking of a similar thing...

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You’ll be fine.

I have a Kendon single rail and I think you’ll find the tongue weight is much less than 200 lbs Unless you are adding their accessory boxes or rock shield to the trailer.

I haven’t towed with the mustang, but I did tow it with my track bike using a Fiesta ST....and it did just fine.
I agree you will be fine ,don't sweet the small stuff. you were concerned about lugging the engine, just keep your revs up .

petronix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
1972 Vette, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T, 2000 Miata, 2017 Escape
I tow my 900 pound 5x8 open trailer with my Bullitt without any trouble. I’ve had about 500 pounds on it so far but I wouldn’t be afraid to load it with double that. Don’t lug the engine, bad even without a trailer. Don’t engine brake, the brakes are much better for braking than loading up the rubber diff/subframe bushings with downshifts and the weight of the load. I’ve used same trailer with my 200k mile 2002 GT and even my Cadillac ATS 2.0T with heavier loads.
Sponsored

Last edited: