Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is the front center mounted hook low enough to clear a front plate? Just by comparing pictures it looks close, I'd like to confirm somehow.
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Is the front center mounted hook low enough to clear a front plate? Just by comparing pictures it looks close, I'd like to confirm somehow.
This will sound stupid/hasty but just remove the front plate. Are VA police strict on having a front plate? Seems like no one cares here in CA

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This will sound stupid/hasty but just remove the front plate. Are VA police strict on having a front plate? Seems like no one cares here in CA
Yes, very. In VA you WILL be ticketed for no front plate, it's just a matter of time.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, very. In VA you WILL be ticketed for no front plate, it's just a matter of time.
That's no fun. Don't the police know cars look SO much better without it? Haha
You could always remove the front plate when you put in the tow hook at the track and reverse the process afterwards...

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The plate is in an OE frame for lack of a better word, and that's what's screwed in to the bumper. I believe they're installed for all cars delivered to front plate states like VA, either at the factory or by the dealer. It's held on by coarse thread screws right into the plastic bumper cover, so taking it off is ugly, and the threads will strip very quickly if you remove and reinstall several times.

Not a great pic, but it's what I had handy

veqgsX4h.jpg

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The plate is in an OE frame for lack of a better word, and that's what's screwed in to the bumper. I believe they're installed for all cars delivered to front plate states like VA, either at the factory or by the dealer. It's held on by coarse thread screws right into the plastic bumper cover, so taking it off is ugly, and the threads will strip very quickly if you remove and reinstall several times.

Not a great pic, but it's what I had handy
Yeah I understand. I know the FP350S has a tow hook that goes above the crash bar. Maybe you could find something like that.
upload_2020-1-10_12-37-37.png

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I already have a factory front plate mount, which means there are already screw holes in the bumper cover. I’d rather just leave it like that and not add any more.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Any details on fitting the rear ZL1 hook..? Drilling, bracket..?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Any details on fitting the rear ZL1 hook..? Drilling, bracket..?
Both - You have to put a hole in the bumper plastic for the hook shaft right in the middle of where the rear license plate sits, and drill into the metal bumper from below for the bracket bolts.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Is there a special clamp bracket which comes with the rear.. I haven’t seen any Pictionary the rear setup...
I’m happy to drill and cut rear bumper... just wanted to see the mounting to the rear crash bar.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any pics handy, but it was a C shaped bracket that wrapped around the back of the metal bumper bar. Pretty sturdy.

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hello. I'm sorry, but as I stated in the thread I didn't have time to take any pictures during the install. I would not recommend offsetting the hook to one side of the rear plate since the bumper bar is curved and not straight. The hook would protrude out at an angle.
I like the fact this the hole is hidden by the license plate. I'm going to look for a Automotive panel hole plug the same size I drill in the bumper cover. When I'm at the track I can remove the license plate and I'm off to the races!

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
“I like the fact this the hole is hidden by the license plate. I'm going to look for a Automotive panel hole plug the same size I drill in the bumper cover. When I'm at the track I can remove the license plate and I'm off to the races!”

like this..

IMG_4198.jpeg
Sponsored