Sponsored

Totaled Mustang need some input

Acer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Mustang
My 6 year old loves Mustangs as do I. So I hit 1600 miles this week and thought it would be a great idea to teach my son how to do an oil change. We started Sat. off by washing and waxing the car and then moved onto the oil change. Everything was going great. We finished up and he begged to go for a ride. I thought why not. So we hopped in and took it for a drive out in the country. We usually go around a country block and head back home. Just a joy ride, not hot rodding or anything. While out on the drive one of the roads we normally travel down was recently paved with tar and loose gravel. There was no way I was driving down that after spending the day cleaning the car, so we took a detour. We ended up going down a road that I had never been down and in the midst of casual conversation with my son I let my guard down and was to relaxed. We hit a country bridge that ramped up at 60 mph and went airborne. We then shot down into a cornfield and back up across the road and hit a power pole. Everyone is ok , just shaken up.

This is my first accident and I was wondering what to expect from the adjuster. All of my research shows the cars Actual cash value to be between 33-38k. The sticker is 41,480K. I know I will take a hit for driving it off the lot but it is basically brand new. I have also looked and it is impossible to replace in my area. It is impossible to find a replacement for it. Any input, past experience with totaling a brand new car would be appreciated.
car.jpg
car 2.jpg
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
damn thats bad.. hope everyone is ok>>>

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Most adjusters look at what cars similar to yours are selling for in your area and give a estimate based on that. Sorry about your car, my 2013 was totaled back in March, though it was due to a woman rear-ending me. They appraised my car based on similar cars in the area. Hopefully they will offer you a decent price for your car.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
the adjuster works for the insurance company... Fight for more money.

also don't say everyone is alright. Hopefully you and your son got checked out... Sometimes kids don't tell all that is bothering them.

Glad no one in hospital... This could happen to anyone. Sucks.

Harley2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow, I'm really glad you and your son are not hurt. I would say it all depends on your insurance company and how your policy is written. It is basically a brand new car.

Sponsored

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Thankfully you and your son walked away, and that is the most important. Regarding the claim, as someone mentioned above, the adjuster works for the insurance company and make sure that you fight for a decent number.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Man that looks like a rough hit....glad you and your son are ok.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
My 6 year old loves Mustangs as do I. So I hit 1600 miles this week and thought it would be a great idea to teach my son how to do an oil change. We started Sat. off by washing and waxing the car and then moved onto the oil change. Everything was going great. We finished up and he begged to go for a ride. I thought why not. So we hopped in and took it for a drive out in the country. We usually go around a country block and head back home. Just a joy ride, not hot rodding or anything. While out on the drive one of the roads we normally travel down was recently paved with tar and loose gravel. There was no way I was driving down that after spending the day cleaning the car, so we took a detour. We ended up going down a road that I had never been down and in the midst of casual conversation with my son I let my guard down and was to relaxed. We hit a country bridge that ramped up at 60 mph and went airborne. We then shot down into a cornfield and back up across the road and hit a power pole. Everyone is ok , just shaken up.

This is my first accident and I was wondering what to expect from the adjuster. All of my research shows the cars Actual cash value to be between 33-38k. The sticker is 41,480K. I know I will take a hit for driving it off the lot but it is basically brand new. I have also looked and it is impossible to replace in my area. It is impossible to find a replacement for it. Any input, past experience with totaling a brand new car would be appreciated.
Wow...glad you are ok. Are you saying you actually did a Dukes of Hazard? Do you have pics of the area/road? Would love to see a google maps of this and where is happened.

Again don't worry about the car.

Mike JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3 EB Premium, Black
Very happy that you are both OK.

Salvage what you can from the car before the adjuster checks it - remove all personal belongings and the license plates. In PA, once the adjuster calls it a total loss it may be towed away immediately and you will have no access to it. I don't know if that applies in OH, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck with this - maybe you'll wind up with one you like even better.

Sponsored

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Damn, glad everyone is OK!

It really depends on the difference from the value of the car an how much you owe; that would be the GAP and hopefully you have GAP insurance. If so, you have nothing to worry about. If not, it depends on your loan, did you roll any money in if so you may come away with a big loss.

Some insurances have new car replacement; but if you read the fine lines it's very limited and they will hike your rates with a claim like this that is your fault.

I would just be very grateful that you or you son did not get hurt. That is the most important thing!

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Ouch! I hit a ditch in mine and did over $16k in damage. I'm torn to whether or not I should have pushed for total but then I'd be out the depreciation and it's a 50th. It only had 900 miles on it when it happened and loose gravel played a role in my accident. I can imagine your son was very shaken up. Glad to hear everyone is ok. The car can be replaced!

Not trying to hijack but here's what mine looked like. I still see little things after the repair that bug me because it's not "new" anymore...

TXREDNECK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red GT PP
As mentioned earlier gap will cover what insurance doesnt. My first truck I bought that wasn't junk I ended up rolling down the highway with a trailer and a 64 ford wagon behind it . luckily I had gap and after that will never be without it on a vehicle I owe on.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
As mentioned earlier gap will cover what insurance doesnt. My first truck I bought that wasn't junk I ended up rolling down the highway with a trailer and a 64 ford wagon behind it . luckily I had gap and after that will never be without it on a vehicle I owe on.
I knew gap would cover mine if it went that far but then you loose whatever you put down and have to come out of pocket again.
Sponsored