Sponsored

Total Loss Insurance Co Issues.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Soooo, a buddy (not on here) had a total loss accident in his ‘18 R. Insurance co is dragging their feet on pretty much everything; value, low ball offer, etc. But someone there at the co must know a little something, because here’s the latest rub…they are now telling him they doubt the legitimacy that it’s an R.

Whats needed to help fight this battle? He has the window sticker and sent that over today. What else would you guys do?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Soooo, a buddy (not on here) had a total loss accident in his ‘18 R. Insurance co is dragging their feet on pretty much everything; value, low ball offer, etc. But someone there at the co must know a little something, because here’s the latest rub…they are now telling him they doubt the legitimacy that it’s an R.

Whats needed to help fight this battle? He has the window sticker and sent that over today. What else would you guys do?
Window sticker, which shows the vin, then a picture of the VIN plaque in the window. Shouldn’t need any more than that.

I wonder if in their system they just had his car as a standard 350, and had been charging him a rate based on a standard 350. At any rate, as long as the VIN matches, they don’t have a leg to stand on.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What insurance company is it? Some its there mo. Check at the State level. Here you can file a complaint with the PRC and get things moving. Also, is it his insurance or another parties.

Reactions: RPM

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As stated, the window sticker is without a doubt the most definitive proof that it is a GT350R.

And what dirtbag insurance company is giving him such a hassle?

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
LOL "By lowball offer do you mean current market price?" - Insurance company 🤣

Okay joking aside, this is crazy that they doubt the legitimacy of a model when they have the VIN? The folks at the insurance company are just doing their job (collect from insurers and avoid paying out to insurers in incidents) but come on. I would assume that their system doesn't differentiate between GT350 and GT350R.

I hope the best for your friend OP! Hope they continue to fight and get a realistic amount back.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Just throwing this out there - I think it was in either '17 or '18 when the fourth digit in the VIN on all R models was changed from a "T" to a "6". It could be that the person(s) responsible for the claim at the insurance company are mistaking an '18 with the 1FA6 VIN as a non-R.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I think you need to find out the ins co. Text your buddy and ask.

I do know my ins co looks at the non-R and the R the same, and it says so on my insurance card.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just throwing this out there - I think it was in either '17 or '18 when the fourth digit in the VIN on all R models was changed from a "T" to a "6". It could be that the person(s) responsible for the claim at the insurance company are mistaking an '18 with the 1FA6 VIN as a non-R.
That was my guess too. Early R's had a VIN structure that was R-specific. Later production cars didn't have that. Don't remember when it changed, but 2018 could be it.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
From an older thread: a reference to 2018 and the change.

Anyone that has a 2015, 2016 or 2017 R model the 4th digit in the VIN namely "T" indicates that they have an R model as the "T" indicates a vehicle with front safety belts, front air bags and a 2 passenger vehicle.

For some reason for Ford decided to replace the 4th digit for the 2018 R models with a "6" instead of remaining with the "T" as was the case for the first 3 MY's.

Regardless if you have a 2018 GT350 or a GT350R the 4th digit in the VIN will always be a "6" and have not found anyone at Ford who can provide me with an explanation as to why the change for 2018?

I would expect the 2019 R models to go down this same path but who knows and Ford may go back to a "T" for the 2019MY for all R models but expect not.

Of course all 2019 R's will come standard with the Electronic Package as it was previously known and an additional Technology Package will now be available for 2019 R's.

For the first 4 MY's the easiest way to determine an Electronic Package R versus a Base R model from a distance was to look for the navigation/radio antenna on the rear of the roof or lack thereof with of course the Base R's not having a roof antenna.

:)

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
LOL "By lowball offer do you mean current market price?" - Insurance company 🤣

Okay joking aside, this is crazy that they doubt the legitimacy of a model when they have the VIN? The folks at the insurance company are just doing their job (collect from insurers and avoid paying out to insurers in incidents) but come on. I would assume that their system doesn't differentiate between GT350 and GT350R.

I hope the best for your friend OP! Hope they continue to fight and get a realistic amount back.
It has been my experience that they do differentiate between base and R models.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Kerper Insurance. Never heard of it. But he did say his agent was getting involved and that she was very sharp, understood the car, and looking positive.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Weelllll, that’s interesting.
Sorry, I deleted my post as it's not the same company it appears. Kerper vs Kemper got me...
Sponsored

Last edited: