Sponsored

torsional differential

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I have the 15GT PP. I am thinking of changing gears from 3.73 to 3.55. I am told the differential is different from a base GT. Are the gears different too? Does it take a different style of gear?

Thanks
Sponsored

OCGTVERT

OCGTVERT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KENT
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT CONVERTIBLE, MAGNETIC, AUTO
Same style gears. The differential in the base GT is a Traction Lok, which is a clutch style posi/limited slip differential. The Performance Pack uses a Torsen diff which is a worm-gear style (non clutch) limited slip unit. The Torsen is much better and does not have clutches to wear out. You can "simply" change the gears to 3.55 and use your current Torsen unit. (Your Torsen works with 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 gear ratio's.. but not with the 3.15 ratio) There will not be a very significant change in performance between 3.55 and 3.73 gear ratios.

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I have the 15GT PP. I am thinking of changing gears from 3.73 to 3.55. I am told the differential is different from a base GT. Are the gears different too? Does it take a different style of gear?

Thanks
If you change the ratio you will also need to reprogram for the change . Whipple flare tool will work for the change

OP
OP

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Thanks, not really looking for the performance factor, would just like to run out first and second gear a little longer. First is useless and second tach's out way to quick.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Same style gears. The differential in the base GT is a Traction Lok, which is a clutch style posi/limited slip differential. The Performance Pack uses a Torsen diff which is a worm-gear style (non clutch) limited slip unit. The Torsen is much better and does not have clutches to wear out. You can "simply" change the gears to 3.55 and use your current Torsen unit. (Your Torsen works with 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 gear ratio's.. but not with the 3.15 ratio) There will not be a very significant change in performance between 3.55 and 3.73 gear ratios.
This. ^^^. Going to 3.55 is a waste of time and money. Just start in second gear.
Sponsored