Torsen rear end and pulling into driveway

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
First time owning a LS rear end. Due to the nose, when I pull into an angled drive way I pull in at a sharp angle, kinda from my lowrider high school days.
Anyways, when I start angling in the rear end tires are kinda jerky I assume when one tires loses traction? Just trying to make sure this is normal or anything else I need to know.
Sponsored

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
That's normal with the Torsen rear. The other rear options don't do it to a noticeable extent.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
With a torsen if you lift a rear tire off the ground then stop I think you wont be able to move, so dont stop with 1 back tire in the air lol. Actually if you have traction control on this may not even be a problem since it would brake the one spinning tire and that would give power to the other.

OP
OP
gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
LOL. Maybe I should just start backing in these driveways.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Yep. Normal with the Torsen. It's not a great offroading setup! Fortunately, track/street performance seldom leaves you with a wheel in the air.

I swapped out the TrackLock clutch type for the Torsen back in August and immediately, I noticed the jerkiness that you're talking about when leaving one parking lot every day. It's just a feature of how they work

Weirdly, I have an Eaton TruTrack in my Dart (which functions similarly to the Torsen) and I've never had that jerky feeling from that car...so different designs of mechanical limited slip diffs seem to work differently in that regard I guess.
Sponsored