Sponsored

Torn between two 2015 GT PP's - Advice appreciated!

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Hey guys! So I've been working on a deal for the past few months with a local seller for a 2015 GT, and I'm set to get the car hopefully in the next week or two, but today I noticed another one popped up in my area.

I'd love some advice as to which one I should get! If it helps, this is my 4th mustang GT (last one being a 2012 GT premium), and my first manual car that I will be honing my skills in. It will also be my daily driver (20mi daily).

Mustang #1:

2015 Premium + Performance Pack (401A) $29,000
- 15k Miles
- Roush Axleback (huge plus)
- Extended 5 year / 100k mile warranty
- Windshield replaced (ford replacement from dealership, just doesn't have the FORD emblem on it. Would have preferred stock, but things happen)
- Rear tires wrapped in new Continental Extreme Contact's (another huge plus)

Mustang #2:

2015 Premium + Performance Pack + 50th anniversary edition (401A) $31,000

- 10k Miles
- 2016 Hood Vent Turn Signals added (not a fan)
- Ford Racing Power Pack 2 (with FORD warranty) (really iffy about it)
- All else completely stock

There is possibly some wiggle room on the second mustang since I'm paying cash. I'm not sure how I feel about the FRPP2 package on the 2nd one, nor am I a huge fan of the 50th anniversary aesthetics (although grille will be changed). I also don't like the turn signals in the vents, since I'd want to change these out for roush vents. How hard would it be to remove the wiring? Would I need to do any cutting?

What draws me to the second one is the mileage, and the added value of it being a 50th anniversary, but the first mustang has the exhaust I planned on getting anyway, plus grippier tires, at a lower price overall.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I would go with #1. Good tires, good axleback already on it, extended warranty, and cheaper. Also not a fan of FRPP packs especially with all of the amazing packs other companies offer with better quality and usually a lower price even. The extra 5k miles is about 5-6 months more of driving and that really isn't that much.

Are they both the same color?
Did you test drive both? Any noticeable issues?
How is the body/paint on both?

Last edited:

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Seems obvious to me, # 1. Especially if you don't care for le colors or touches.

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I would go with #1. Good tires, good axleback already on it, extended warranty, and cheaper. Also not a fan of FRPP packs especially with all of the amazing packs other companies offer with better quality and usually a lower price even. The extra 5k miles is about 5-6 months more of driving and that really isn't that much.

Both look great, #1 is flawless aside from the windshield being replaced, which bugged me at first, but I don't think it's any biggie. Always garage kept, etc.

Definitely leaning towards the first option due to price. And you're right, I'd rather go with a STEEDA CAI/Tune or something to be honest.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
#1. Extra Warranty, Tires, Exhaust. Not tuned.

LG23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
Both look great, #1 is flawless aside from the windshield being replaced, which bugged me at first, but I don't think it's any biggie. Always garage kept, etc.

Definitely leaning towards the first option due to price. And you're right, I'd rather go with a STEEDA CAI/Tune or something to be honest.
I don't think that's a biggie at all man, I've had windshields replaced and you'll forget it was even replaced after a month. I have a cai/custom tune and it's amazing, I've heard some bad stuff about the FRPP OTS tunes.

Lower Price, comes with exhaust parts, not tuned, garage kept, extended warranty, better tires. I think that all makes up for the extra 5k miles by far.i

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
#1 forsure. tons of people arent liking the ford power packs from what im reading. great deal on car especially if you think its flawless. great tires, good exhaust with room for improvement or can be left alone as is but still sound good. dont sweat the windshield mine just cracked and have to get it replaced.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I would go with #1. Good tires, good axleback already on it, extended warranty, and cheaper. ...
Look again!
Only the REAR tires are new.

Granted, this car has some mileage on it...but come on. This car has laid some rubber. Besides, mismatched tires, unless you're running slicks on the rear for drag racing, are virtually never a good thing. Yes, some folks do intentionally mismatch tires to tune handling but that's not a common practice and it's extremely unlikely that this is happening with car #1. I'd count this as a negative more than a positive.

The car is possibly still fine but I'd look carefully for other signs of abuse and have it checked for previous ECU flashes that could nullify the extended warranty. Get it in writing that the ECU is clear from previous re-flashes just in case.

Personally, I'd still probably go with #1 but I'd try to negotiate for an OEM windshield and matching front tires.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I personally would be very hesitant buying any used Mustang GT not knowing how it was driven. This is why I am ordering mine new. If I had to pick, I'd go with #1.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
#1 has performance exhaust and needed new rear tires by the 15k mile mark. Someone had fun in it.
#1 100k warranty.

#2 has the power pack. Someone had fun in it.
#2 only has a 36k warranty now because it has the power back.

Go with #1, purely for the warranty discrepancy. I would make sure it hasn't had a tune on it though, so you don't get screwed down the road.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.

So you highlight the extended warranty, but then suggest using other companies power packs, which can easily void any extended warranty. Most extended warranties preclude the installation of tunes.