Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Top speed is such a ricer question... -__-

And yes top speed for me is when the hood begins to shake.
Let me guess? Your a track apps 0-60 kinda guy?:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The highest I've been in my '13 was 90. But I didn't feel scared. I was trying to get away from a semi. I hate those things. I'm always scared they won't see me and hit me. And I'll be dead. I always speed up to get around them. Even though my mom says "If you can see their mirrors then they can see you." Thats not how I feel. lol

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Must be all the younglings afraid to take a S550 above 120mph.
Try a '71 Plymouth Satellite at a buck twenty. That's some scary
ass engineering right there.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
My 95 gt had 580hp 568tq and it would scare you to 100 and then after that my cf hood began to shake, i did run 135 at the strip.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I accidently went 100 trying to pass 2 people going slow getting on a double merging on ramp. And it felt like nothing, this car should be able to smoothly handle 150+ range other wise they wouldn't put a V8 in it. With that said I went 120 on a two lane road in my Pontiac G6 it took forever to get there but had no issues at all with stability or parts flying off :headbonk:.

Yes if you are going 120+ in a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic you might have some issues if you can even get there first place.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I accidently went 100 trying to pass 2 people going slow getting on a double merging on ramp. And it felt like nothing, this car should be able to smoothly handle 150+ range other wise they wouldn't put a V8 in it. With that said I went 120 on a two lane road in my Pontiac G6 it took forever to get there but had no issues at all with stability or parts flying off :headbonk:.

Yes if you are going 120+ in a Toyota Prius or Honda Civic you might have some issues if you can even get there first place.
+1 you should be able to easily run 130-140 without much effort or vibration, if not there is probably a drivetrain issue. I get up 110 passing through atlanta sometime and i dont even know i got up that fast. The s550 definetly handles the speed better than the sn95.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Must be all the younglings afraid to take a S550 above 120mph.
Try a '71 Plymouth Satellite at a buck twenty. That's some scary
ass engineering right there.
Same with my 72 cutlass. No sudden moves!

Besides the hood shake, my 16GT is skookum as fast as she can go.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I accidently went 100 trying to pass 2 people going slow getting on a double merging on ramp. And it felt like nothing, this car should be able to smoothly handle 150+ range other wise they wouldn't put a V8 in it.
You can't use what you know at 100 to even guess at what it'll feel like at significantly faster speeds. For starters, you can't even imagine what it's like to hit the 'aerodynamic wall' - let alone how quickly it appears - until you've actually done a top speed run in a couple of cars and paid attention to what was happening. Depending on the car's aerodynamics, "the mph's are still increasing" can go to "why won't it go any faster" in as few as 2 or 3 mph. The last mph might take a whole mile to get to all by itself.

Norm

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Chief Engineer said speed limited to 155 "because of how we rate the tires". Obviously "tunes" can change this.
Tunes change how fast tires are rated?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So wait... I'm confused how did they bump the hp if the top speed isn't bumped? Or do they just put a governor on it so it can't go passed that speed?
How much MPH do you think 25bhp is worth?:lol:

On top of that, we don't even know the weight yet (or at least I haven't seen official numbers yet). If there is an increased weight, it could change it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is about the same as the people who ask you to do a burnout. How about you pay for my tires if you want me to sit and burn the rubber on my expensive tires? Go on Youtube if you want to see a burnout or some idiot going 160 mph. Just because it can do it doesn't mean you should.

And yes, the 2018 top speed is probably 160 mph give or take with a governor.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I thought top speed on the '16 was set to 145MPH.
Did they raise that to 165MPH with '17?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
This is about the same as the people who ask you to do a burnout. How about you pay for my tires if you want me to sit and burn the rubber on my expensive tires? Go on Youtube if you want to see a burnout or some idiot going 160 mph. Just because it can do it doesn't mean you should.

And yes, the 2018 top speed is probably 160 mph give or take with a governor.
well in reality. We should all never exceed the speed limit. Or leave a traffic light to hard.(excessive display of speed laws). I sometimes wonder why people own performance cars?? I have 435hp. But I never use it........I swear!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Top speed isn't just about power, it's also about additional components being able to handle the critical speeds that they're spinning at. Driveshafts, transmissions, half shafts, bearings etc.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Top speed isn't just about power, it's also about additional components being able to handle the critical speeds that they're spinning at. Driveshafts, transmissions, half shafts, bearings etc.
Agreed. And someone with an engineering degree. Has figured out a safe top speed for this car. As a mater of fact. There is a high probability that there is over protection factored into that top speed rating. Can you just imagine how quick the lawyers would line of if a defect was found.
Sponsored