Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished watching the last episode, now going to go start at 1. It’s insane how some crappy YT channels with complete dumbasses get hundreds of thousands subscribers and you have a guy with good video, no click bait and doing what a lot bought the car to do sit there with 100 subs. I can’t wait to sit at work tomorrow and go through all the episodes..
I really appreciate that bud, thanks for having a look. Sometimes it pains me that unedited, freestyled oddities are most popular on YouTube, but then again the Kardashians are famous...so maybe it's just the human condition lol.

Make that 111 subs.
Thank you Sir!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
This video is of me and my Mustang on the Edelweissspitze-- the highest point accessible by car in Austria and also the top point of the famous Grossglockner High Alpine Road. I love altitude drives, but this little road had me PUCKERED during the drive/filming (even with a max speed of 20mph). It begs the question: would you drive this road to get to the photogenic peak??

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Your driving impression series is very well done! Congratulations ! Team Steeda!

RAUSP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rudolf
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Dear Mike, thanks a lot for bringing "our" nice Alpine roads to the non European audition. If anybody here in the US is dedicated to follow Mike's movies on one of his/her next trips to the old world please consider that the Swiss police has less humor than the last Hillbilly Sheriff in the Texan panhandle. And the speed limits are even lower. A few mph above and you'll in danger to lose your car. For that reason I'd highly recommend the not so famous passes, best out of switzerland but e.g. in France or Italy or also in my Homecountry Germany. Don't forget Austria and Slovenia with great roads either. Most relaxed cops are in France especially during lunch time from about 10am to 4pm :-)

By the way there is since 1956 a Road-Bible on the market: http://alpen.bplaced.net/Graf-England.htm Be careful, his english is notorious but Denzel knows all about the roads around.

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
That's pretty awesome, I subbed to your YouTube channel. I hope you make some more videos would be cool to see you do other stretches of roads through more countries.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty awesome, I subbed to your YouTube channel. I hope you make some more videos would be cool to see you do other stretches of roads through more countries.
Thanks bud; I sub’d in return. The plan now is to hit the Smoky Mountains in the U.S. this fall and do a heads-up challenge: “Tail of the Dragon” versus the Cherohala Skyway. I might try and get up to Virginia too and hit “The Back of the Dragon” and Skyline Drive. We shall see :beer:

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks bud; I sub’d in return. The plan now is to hit the Smoky Mountains in the U.S. this fall and do a heads-up challenge: “Tail of the Dragon” versus the Cherohala Skyway. I might try and get up to Virginia too and hit “The Back of the Dragon” and Skyline Drive. We shall see :beer:
That's going to be awesome can't wait to see those. Just out of curiosity on those long drives do you ever get any damage? Rock chip damage, or flats or just any debris damage?

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
That's going to be awesome can't wait to see those. Just out of curiosity on those long drives do you ever get any damage? Rock chip damage, or flats or just any debris damage?
I got a bunch of rock chips for sure. I also hit a bee at 120+ and it dented some radiator fins too lol.

No bottoming out though and the tires did great :beer:

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a bunch of rock chips for sure. I also hit a bee at 120+ and it dented some radiator fins too lol.

No bottoming out though and the tires did great :beer:
Wow a bee at 120 did that? That is crazy! Yeah See those rock chips would drive me crazy and at your speeds a bra or probably even a vinyl wrap wouldn't even help. Those Michelin pilot sports are good tires I was thinking of getting some of those.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow a bee at 120 did that? That is crazy! Yeah See those rock chips would drive me crazy and at your speeds a bra or probably even a vinyl wrap wouldn't even help. Those Michelin pilot sports are good tires I was thinking of getting some of those.
A vinyl wrap is a great idea; wish I had done that early on. I for sure recommend the MPS4S tires...there is no substitute if you like steering feel and response :rockon:

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just an update on future videos:

My Mustang arrived in Atlanta and I’ll join it soon. Smoky and Blue Ridge Mountain videos are a “go” for this fall. Maybe I’ll bump into a few of you guys out there.

Have a good one,

Mike

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Today is the big day...I’m heading to the Smokies for the weekend and have a plethora (a plethora El Guapo?) of action cameras at the ready.

Planned roads:

Route 441
The Dragon
Cherohala Skyway

Planned Tourist Stops:

Gatlinbugh
Cades Cove
Clingman’s Dome
Meigs Falls
Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center

It’s go time! :beer:

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Today is the big day...I’m heading to the Smokies for the weekend and have a plethora (a plethora El Guapo?) of action cameras at the ready.

Planned roads:

Route 441
The Dragon
Cherohala Skyway

Planned Tourist Stops:

Gatlinbugh
Cades Cove
Clingman’s Dome
Meigs Falls
Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center

It’s go time! :beer:
Good to see you back in the States! Looking forward to your adventures.
Sponsored