Took my tuned car in for servicing

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There's 0.000% chance they will reflash your car.

Why this is anyone's concern is beyond me. It's not a thing, never happens.

Might they deny the warranty claim? Yes, they might. But say nothing and see what happens. Then let us know.
I would 100% not take that risk

They can flash it, there’s nothing stopping them from doing that, if they flash it and it breaks your car or makes it undriveable do you really wanna deal with that?

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
This isn’t true, when there are updates available for any module they will flash it any time the car comes in. That could be something as simple as an oil change. They do not tell you when it happens. I would 100% not take that risk.
Please give one example of that ever happening.

Find one example of someone dropping off their S550 for....whatever, and their tune being eradicated by some "update" done at a dealership.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They can flash it, there’s nothing stopping them from doing that,
If you look on most tuners websites they show an additional fee for changed strategy's. A changed stratagy is when Ford flashes an update.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If you look on most tuners websites they show an additional fee for changed strategy's. A changed stratagy is when Ford flashes an update.
No, it's not. It when the Mustang owner adds some other mod like LTHers, larger throttle-body, forced induction, etc., etc.

The tuner charges them for each new revision to their tune.

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Please give one example of that ever happening.

Find one example of someone dropping off their S550 for....whatever, and their tune being eradicated by some "update" done at a dealership.
You don’t need an example.

Your entire argument is based on this idea that because we haven’t seen it happen that it never happens. That’s purposefully ignorant.

Ford techs have the tools to flash your car in an instant. It could be as simple as an error on the techs part, it could be a TSB, a failed module, a glitch. It is not impossible for the tech to flash your car.

I don’t need an example, the reality is that this isn’t impossible. And the OP is right for being concerned. It’s a reasonable worry.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You don’t need an example.

Your entire argument is based on this idea that because we haven’t seen it happen that it never happens. That’s purposefully ignorant.

Ford techs have the tools to flash your car in an instant. It could be as simple as an error on the techs part, it could be a TSB, a failed module, a glitch. It is not impossible for the tech to flash your car.

I don’t need an example, the reality is that this isn’t impossible. And the OP is right for being concerned. It’s a reasonable worry.
You are strawman arguing. You are attempting to assumptively change the topic of discussion.

The question is NOT if reflashing the car's tune is possible or done occasionally. Of course it is, I've done it myself.

YOU wrote the following; " when there are updates available for any module they will flash it any time the car comes in. That could be something as simple as an oil change. They do not tell you when it happens."

So...you have 0 examples to back your claim. Not one person here complaining that their tune was wiped out by an ECM re-flash by the dealership.

This entire thread is about whether or not the OP's ECM is going to be re-flashed for no reason when they fix a leaking valve cover gasket.

And the answer to that is no.

The next question you need to be asking yourself, is "why". Why will the OP's ECM not be re-flashed. Why are there no threads here complaining about someone's S550 ECM being re-flashed?

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You are strawman arguing. You are attempting to assumptively change the topic of discussion.

The question is NOT if reflashing the car's tune is possible or done occasionally. Of course it is, I've done it myself.

YOU wrote the following; " when there are updates available for any module they will flash it any time the car comes in. That could be something as simple as an oil change. They do not tell you when it happens."

So...you have 0 examples to back your claim. Not one person here complaining that their tune was wiped out by an ECM re-flash by the dealership.

This entire thread is about whether or not the OP's ECM is going to be re-flashed for no reason when they fix a leaking valve cover gasket.

And the answer to that is no.

The next question you need to be asking yourself, is "why". Why will the OP's ECM not be re-flashed. Why are there no threads here complaining about someone's S550 ECM being re-flashed?
That's good info. And it supports the idea that flashes do happen.

I'll take that.
I think you just enjoy fighting.

Chill out.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nope and nope.

Understood.
Idk man I’m gonna need documented evidence that you don’t just enjoy fighting with people.

So far nobody has provided anything like that
Sponsored