Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
Hi M6Gers.

Today I picked up my MY18 Mustang in Orange Fury. After much frustration with the order process I have to say that the wait was well worth it, and I am in Love with this car!! :love:

A quick bit of history....12 of the last 13 cars in the house have all been Ford. My dream car was always a Mustang GT. In 2011 I bought my first one. It was a red 1967 Coupe that originally had a inline six. Car was total crap and I spent a crap ton of money and time getting it into running order. Six months later I purchased a blue 1967 Coupe that originally had a 289 but now sported a 1984 302. While it didn't require as much work as the red pony, it still was not where I wanted it. I ended up selling both cars and purchased a 1968 Falcon out of Hico, WV. After a year of tinkering with the Falcon I made a deal with my financial advisor (aka the Wife) that I would spend more time in the house rather than the garage if had a new car. I liked what Chevy was doing with the SS platform and was quickly leaning towards picking up a 2017 SS 1LE. Then the MY18 got announced, and boy am I happy I waited. I won't beat-up on the Chevy.....the shortcomings are well documented, but I'll just say we are a loyal Ford household, and Ford now had a true competitor for the SS. Fast forward past all the turmoil with ordering the MY18 (check the Order thread for info) and we get to today.

The first thing I noticed is that this color really pops in person. I'll try for some sunshine images tomorrow, weather permitting. Got a ton of looks on the highway in route to the tint shop.

Ill follow the format I saw entaiiie used when document receipt of his car HERE

Dash: I opted for the standard dash and have to say I am happy with my decision. I saw the 12" cluster in person two weeks back and it is no doubt gorgeous. I even had some remorse in not getting it once I saw it and its features. I haven't seen any other posts about it so I will say it here. The items that attracted me to what can be done on the 12" display can be done on the standard dash. Mycolor changes for the dash and gauges, toggling through modes, ambient lighting controls, digital speed, etc are present. Im very happy with my decision to go non 12" cluster.

10-Speed Trans/Engine This thing rips. Coming from the 6 speed auto in the Fusion its a night and day difference. Im still getting used to the downshift blips when slowing down from higher speeds. Sounds like when you shift to a lower gear in a higher speed with a manual. Shifts are quick. The car knows where it needs to be and will jump from 9 to 4 or 2 to 8 if your throttle calls for it. I love it. The engine.....there isn't much I can say that others haven't. Ford knocked this one out the park. Its been a couple of months since I drove the SS but this engine feels more robust....at least on the ass dyne.

Stereo I should have gotten the Shaker option. The speakers suck ass IMO. Thankfully the exhaust produces a lovely sound.

Seats: Im used to the seats in the Fusion and didn't notice much difference with the 400A seats.They feel good, look good, and hold me in place. The issues I do have with the seating arrangements are two-fold. For the price of this car Ford should have put memory seating in as standard. Not another package add-on. My wife will be the only other person driving this car and she's 8" shorter than me. Needless to say she adjusts the shit out of everything in the car. I prefer to just hit a button adjust the rearview and head out. Took me 5 minutes to get things back to "perfect" after she drove it to the service center. The other issue for me is the adjustable back. Why is there a lever and not a power back? No-ones getting the back seats, no matter how pretty and comfy they look.

Panel Gaps: I have absolutely no issues with my panels. Someone pointed out that the car may have sat for two weeks because quality was being checked or corrected. Idk if it was either but my panels are A1.

Exhaust: I don't want to rehash things others have already said but the exhaust is really nice, stock or otherwise. I personally don't notice much difference between any of the modes other than Quiet.

Enough talking..lets see some pics.

picture.jpg

This is as she sat when I arrived 30 minutes after my salesman sent me video of the car being unloaded from the hauler. Everything still wrapped and 2.4 miles on the dash.

picture.jpg

About 20 minutes in the sales office and the handover is complete.

picture.jpg

Put on a temp tag and service tech is taking care of the "Tires not trained" message.

picture.jpg

An hour later and my buddy is adding tint. Quick note for those in Ohio. I suffer from Photophobia (sensitivity to light) since I had laser surgery back in 2005. Ohio law states that if you suffer from a condition that requires sun/light blocking film on your vehicle, you only need an affidavit from your optometrist or primary physician that states the condition and a prescription for tint. I've had my prescription and paperwork since 2012. Only had one cop challenge me on it and after a lookup of the ORC sent me on my way.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

15% Scorpion film on the sides and back. 50% on the front.

picture.jpg

First wash.

picture.jpg

The prior mentioned financial advisor and my Fusion in for scheduled maintenance.

picture.jpg

Home and ready for the corral.

Planned mods
  • Obviously tint was number one on the list and has been completed.
  • I plan to add a set of hood struts in place of the prop bar. Please let me know if you have any recommendations on where or what to buy.
  • Addition of a Roush Supercharger once they are released. I looked at the Whipple offering but haven't been able to get numbers for the stage one kit. Additionally the warranty thing has me leaning to the Roush.
  • PP2 Cup 2 tires. Pretty straightforward on this one. I want the performance.
  • Spoiler swap for a smaller black spoiler. Possibly PP2 spoiler. May just get the GT spoiler painted black.
  • Blackout fender and deck lid badging.
I'll get some video up soon, as I've taken a bit already. Going to enjoy the car while the weather is nice. Only other thing I'll be looking to do this week is pickup a Uniden R3. If you have a line on one please let me know. They seem to be sold out everywhere.

Pretty much thats about it. If your in the Cleveland area and want to check out the car shoot me a PM.

Thanks for checking out the post.

-QH
Sponsored

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Don't see the pics :(

Edit:
Nevermind. Makes me so want my new car!!!!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Looks great!

What do you plan to about the front plate? I've gotten away without one in Ohio on my last two cars but I suspect an Orange Mustang without one will draw a bit more attention. Although I suspect you already get your share of attention with that tint. :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats, it looks awesome! Thanks for your thoughts on the standard gauges. I agree, I feel like I'm missing something because I'm not as hyped about them as everybody else. Aside from the different "looks", the digital gauges do nothing more than the standard gauges do, all the same features and information. Glad to hear that you're happy with the standard gauges.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Wow, stunning car. I think Ford really did themself not a favor when presenting the facelift first. The car looks so much better on real pictures than whatever Ford released earlier this year

Aside from the different "looks", the digital gauges do nothing more than the standard gauges do, all the same features and information. Glad to hear that you're happy with the standard gauges.
I think navigation arrows are new in the digital cluster, maybe a 18 owner could check if they added it to the normal gauges too. But besides that Ford clearly missed some cool digital cluster features other carmakers are doing like viewing the map.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quarter Horse

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. That color looks different picture to picture. Any magneride impressions? Enjoy your car, so far you're one of the lucky few to actually have a 2018!

Thank you. I’m no photog and have only used the iPhone to capture images, but the colors are pretty spot on. Sadly its going to be overcast today or I would get some day shots in the sun. Saturday should be good though.

I knew that I missed some things in the write-up. It was late and I was tired. I test drove a couple of 17’s and they all seemed to have the float that people talk about. We have a damn near 90 degree turn here known as Dead Mans Curve. Taking it with the 17’s above the rated speed was a bit scary. Not so with the 18. The roads here are crap too and the MR handles that very well. I can push it into turns with confidence. I haven’t played with the steering or drive modes much and will update once I have some more drive time.

Looks great!

What do you plan to about the front plate? I've gotten away without one in Ohio on my last two cars but I suspect an Orange Mustang without one will draw a bit more attention. Although I suspect you already get your share of attention with that tint.

Well about that………I found this black piece of plastic in the trunk that is square with a couple of holes in it. Darn dealer must have forgot to install it. Oh well so is life.

All kidding aside though I’m not drilling into my bumper. Will just deal with it as the issues come. May just keep the plate in the rear seat until I need to throw it in the front window. I'm hearing that legislation is going to get reintroduced to drop the front plate requirement. It failed to get out of committee back in Feb but hopefully it will pass this go.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Looks good. Hood Struts I would always go with a set of Redline Tuning, can't be beat. I have a set of the elites on my 2016 and they are great.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice ride.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yeah, need some pix out in the wide in full sun...with a camera would be nice.

OP
OP
Quarter Horse

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Hood Struts I would always go with a set of Redline Tuning, can't be beat. I have a set of the elites on my 2016 and they are great.

Thanks for the info. Went to order a set off Amazon but says doesn’t fit my car. I’ll give customer service a call to confirm which ones I need.

No plans for Paint protection and Ceramic coating?

Still a bit out of it. Late night early morning. I have two quotes for nano-coating. Waiting on an appropriate time to drop it off (when I cant drive it ) as both installers said it’s a three day process.

Planned upgrades that are missing from the OP.
  • Orange seatbelts from seatbeltsplus unless there is a suggested vendor from the board. I wish Ford would have made these an option like Dodge and Chevy have.
  • Nano/Ceramic coating.
  • Blackout tail lights. Still on the fence with this one. We put some 15% tint up to them last night to see how they would look. Verdict is still out.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Thanks for the info. Went to order a set off Amazon but says doesn’t fit my car. I’ll give customer service a call to confirm which ones I need.

Still a bit out of it. Late night early morning. I have two quotes for nano-coating. Waiting on an appropriate time to drop it off (when I cant drive it ) as both installers said it’s a three day process.

Planned upgrades that are missing from the OP.
  • Orange seatbelts from seatbeltsplus unless there is a suggested vendor from the board. I wish Ford would have made these an option like Dodge and Chevy have.
  • Nano/Ceramic coating.
  • Blackout tail lights. Still on the fence with this one. We put some 15% tint up to them last night to see how they would look. Verdict is still out.
Redline Tuning Hood Strut Kit QuickLIFT ELITE Bolt-In V6/EcoBoost/GT 2015-2018

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
Great colour! You will see, it stands out anywhere (except school buses, ok!). Have fun!
Sponsored