Sponsored

Took delivery of a new 2019 gt350r last night. Here's how it showed up...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
ask what CarMax or Carvana will give you for it. A guy here lost at least 10k on his with 200mi and all of 2 weeks of ownership under his belt. Car was pristine, though.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
The GM at the dealership said they can’t just take the car back cause it “doesn’t work like that” but offered to buy it back. Probably for $10k less. Waiting for a call back
Don't believe everything you are told.

Not sure about which state laws do this or that, but in South Carolina you can return a new car within 30 days, deduct mileage etc...that was many years ago. It may have changed

I worked at a dealership and they would lye to customer, knowing that when it went to court it would be customers favor. I know exactly how you feel. This car has been defiled in your mind. It doesn't matter what is done, it will always be in the back of your mind that the scratches are there, paint has been doctored etc...

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2019 gt350r, 2018 Mercedes C43
Don't believe everything you are told.

Not sure about which state laws do this or that, but in South Carolina you can return a new car within 30 days, deduct mileage etc...that was many years ago. It may have changed

I worked at a dealership and they would lye to customer, knowing that when it went to court it would be customers favor. I know exactly how you feel. This car has been defiled in your mind. It doesn't matter what is done, it will always be in the back of your mind that the scratches are there, paint has been doctored etc...
They offered to buy it back for $60k... I bought it for $75k.
I called customer service back and it was escalated for a buy back process so hopefully I can at least get $70k for it

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I called customer service back and it was escalated for a buy back process so hopefully I can at least get $70k for it
Before I'd lose $15K, I'd spend less and get an attorney involved. I've known people that resolved issues like this for much less with the proper legal motivation.

The __most__ I'd spend would be on the return transportation.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
OP, I noticed you have base 2019 GT350 and now you purchased 2019 R. Besides R came in the poor condition(the car is now paint corrected and was paid for this by dealership), do you have a buyer remorse due to the fact these two cars close to identical and it doesn't make sense to have two of them?
Not sure if this applies to cars:
"Federal and state consumer laws allow people to cancel certain contracts or sales of goods for any reason, such as buyer's remorse, or for no reason at all. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires sellers of goods in certain circumstances to allow consumers a “cooling off” period."

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Is VIN matches to the new car? I'm asking because to me, the car on the pictures looks used.

Agree, next question was it a good deal?

Road hard put up wet...

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
OP, I noticed you have base 2019 GT350 and now you purchased 2019 R. Besides R came in the poor condition(the car is now paint corrected and was paid for this by dealership), do you have a buyer remorse due to the fact these two cars close to identical and it doesn't make sense to have two of them?
Not sure if this applies to cars:
"Federal and state consumer laws allow people to cancel certain contracts or sales of goods for any reason, such as buyer's remorse, or for no reason at all. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) requires sellers of goods in certain circumstances to allow consumers a “cooling off” period."
the paint hasn’t been corrected yet. I don’t have buyers remorse lol. Once this is taken care of I’m gonna buy another R. I’m selling the base gt350 to my dad

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Agree, next question was it a good deal?

Road hard put up wet...
Yeah I checked the vin. It’s brand new. Treated like shit but still new. I paid $75k for it which I feel like is a good deal for a new 2019 gt350r but not when it’s been abused by the dealer.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
One of the most important aspects of purchasing a HP vehicle and in particular a Mustang is getting to know and build up a relationship with your Ford dealership on all levels whether is be sales, service or the detailing department. If you don't want to take time to get to know them and build up some sort of relationship then that is your problem. I have had countless times where by service, sales and the detail department have helped me out tremendously based on getting to know them and a personal relationship.

Based on your comments I suggest that you don't paint all Ford dealerships with the same brush as they all don't use an automated car wash and can tell you that some of the "dinkleberries" at the dealership level have been there for a very long time and many of them know the difference between a gritty was mitt and a clean one. Many of these same Ford dealerships deliver Ford GT's to their customers and who do you think details those cars prior to delivery, it sure isn't the GSM or GM.

I am not suggesting that all dealerships operate exactly the same whether it be their detail people of body shop people but can tell you from 5+ decades of buying Pony Cars from the Blue Oval Brand that there are some very good people out there in these departments and if you haven't found one then suggest it is time to move onto to one that meets your approval.

Over the years I have seen many individuals take home their brand new Cobra R, GT500, Boss 302, 50th Anniversary Mustang GT, GT350/R, etc. whereby they didn't want their cars cleaned up and detailed and only to find that once they got their new rides home and all cleaned up they found several issues after which time they took their cars back to the dealership in question asking for compensation and especially when dealing with CF wheels at ~$6000 a wheel. I personally know a few individuals that have unfortunately gone down that road and you can imagine how that all went.

In this case I suggest that this car should have been completely detailed and inspected by someone prior to the car carrier being involved and then shipped a long ways in a somewhat neglect condition.

If that had been done most or all of these issues could have been dealt with up front and/or eliminated completely but now we have an enclosed carrier involved and a Ford dealership that is a very long ways away and suggest this may not be an easy fix but hope that I am wrong.

With the car coming out of the NE maybe you or one of you car buddies could have helped inspect this GT350R prior to departing for down South and might have caught a great deal of these issues right up front.

:sunglasses:
finding a good dealer is hard! Either way how do you build a relationship before hand? I can see building a relationship over time...

I'm sorry this happened to you but the salesman washed the car???
lmao!

I have to agree with you 100 percent about a relationship with your dealer. I have been very lucky to have a "car guy" for a dealer and it transends to his employees. When my GT350 arrived at the dealer they called to ask if I wanted it preped, I said yes and was heading over. The owner and the tech went over everything with me in the shop, put it up on the lift and got to inspect everything. They are like that on service too even on my F250 and the wifes car. Rare in todays world but that's how he does business.
There are 4 other dealers closer to me but you wont get the kind of service you should from them.
When I go in for an early morning service I pick up a dozen donuts for them. Goes a long way, lol. Was there today to get 4 tires mounted to new wheels and balanced. Service manager told me I could go into the shop an watch if I wanted. The tech treated them like they were his. Very happy with the service..
I been trying to find a good ford dealer or a car guy ford dealer I can’t... and don’t even know how to look for one...

how did you start the buy back process due to issues? what dealer is this anyways?

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Yeah I checked the vin. It’s brand new. Treated like shit but still new. I paid $75k for it which I feel like is a good deal for a new 2019 gt350r but not when it’s been abused by the dealer.
What was the MSRP? 75k is high for a new 19 R. MSRP on my 19 was 73,595 and that’s a loaded car. I got it new in October of last year for 6k below MSRP.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $75k for it which I feel like is a good deal for a new 2019 gt350r
sorry to break it to you but they were were going for 7k under MSRP back in Nov-Feb. Alright denizens, the low bid is 60, do we have 63? :)

OP
OP

JakeHillsucks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
What was the MSRP? 75k is high for a new 19 R. MSRP on my 19 was 73,595 and that’s a loaded car. I got it new in October of last year for 6k below MSRP.
sorry to break it to you but they were were going for 7k under MSRP back in Nov-Feb. Alright denizens, the low bid is 60, do we have 63? :)
well lucky me being able to still find a new one 5 months later and paying a little extra

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
OP if it makes you feel any better (won't) I bought a "dealer" C6 Z06 in Atomic Orange that had 1700 miles on it back in 2009. Dealership told me it was the GM's car and he traded up to a ZR-1 and at the time it was an incredible deal. The car was in Nevada and I live in the South so I had it shipped. On the way here, the idiot driver ran it through a low hanging tree branch and scraped the front bumper up (my mistake for not doing enclosed transportation). Fast forward a month, I got the transportation company to pay for fixing the damage to the front bumper and get a call from the body shop - Body shop owner -"Sir, are you the original owner of this z06 corvette?" Me - "No, why?" Them - "Because the entire car has been repainted once, fairly poorly too and it is going to require an entire new bumper due to how they prepped it prior." My heart sank and I immediately called the dealership only to be told their return policy was for LOCAL buyers and out of state they would take no liability for. I paid $59k for the car and ended up selling it for $47k just to get rid of it because I was so sick over the ordeal.

Lesson learned - Do not buy expensive cars without seeing them in person.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
OP if it makes you feel any better (won't) I bought a "dealer" C6 Z06 in Atomic Orange that had 1700 miles on it back in 2009. Dealership told me it was the GM's car and he traded up to a ZR-1 and at the time it was an incredible deal. The car was in Nevada and I live in the South so I had it shipped. On the way here, the idiot driver ran it through a low hanging tree branch and scraped the front bumper up (my mistake for not doing enclosed transportation). Fast forward a month, I got the transportation company to pay for fixing the damage to the front bumper and get a call from the body shop - Body shop owner -"Sir, are you the original owner of this z06 corvette?" Me - "No, why?" Them - "Because the entire car has been repainted once, fairly poorly too and it is going to require an entire new bumper due to how they prepped it prior." My heart sank and I immediately called the dealership only to be told their return policy was for LOCAL buyers and out of state they would take no liability for. I paid $59k for the car and ended up selling it for $47k just to get rid of it because I was so sick over the ordeal.

Lesson learned - Do not buy expensive cars without seeing them in person.

That’s exactly what I say must see it in person.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I'm not sure why do you need a lesson for this, isn't a common sense to check the car(especially used) in person before purchasing?
Sponsored