stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Groups,
I know that some will agree and others will say, drive the hell out of it, But.
So over time, I have had several Shelby's, Roush, Etc. Mustangs.
And I noticed that as the Cars got nicer, I drove them less for fear of someone crashing into it, scratches, etc., and they turned into Garage Queens.

When I had my 2013 Shelby GT500, I think I put 4,000 miles on it in a 4 year time period.
Traded it and got a 2017 Roush RS3, that is in my Avatar pic.
Have had it about 2 years, and 3,000 miles.
Garage Queens.
So tomorrow, I am selling the 2017 Roush.
I will miss this Car big time, but yet, a load off my mind worrying about the next time I drive it, will someone crash into it, etc.
I know that is what Insurance is for, but it would never be the same.
So my next Mustang will just be a Mustang GT, so that maybe I will feel better about driving it and not worrying so much.
And I can make it the way I want it.
This may hit home with a lot of people here.
Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Groups,
And I noticed that as the Cars got nicer, I drove them less for fear of someone crashing into it, scratches, etc., and they turned into Garage Queens.

When I had my 2013 Shelby GT500, I think I put 4,000 miles on it in a 4 year time period.
Garage Queens.
I will miss this Car big time, but yet, a load off my mind worrying about the next time I drive it, will someone crash into it, etc.
So my next Mustang will just be a Mustang GT, so that maybe I will feel better about driving it and not worrying so much.
Just my thoughts.
Not thoughts.....emotions. Your emotions ruined your vehicle ownership experience, to the point you actually sold your vehicle.

Emotions are a waste of time. Stick to just four; happy, horny, hungry and angry. The rest are to be ignored.

OP
OP
stanger1

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
NoVaGT
Yes,
You nailed it. Emotions ruined the ownership and driving of these Cars.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Drive it, enjoy it!
My Mach 1 is 2 months old and I'm coming up on 2k miles
Golfing, Mountain biking, hiking, or just grabbing dinner, I love to drive this thing.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I'm one of the people who don't understand.
If you want to buy a car as an investment then, sure, park it and let it be pristine. But to buy one to drive and be afraid to drive it because it might get a mark, nope, I don't get that at all. How is it possible to miss something that you haven't even driven enough to fully understand how it behaves?
I predict that, in 3 or 4 years someone else will get a nice barely driven GT probably for a very good price.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Hell, I put 2700 miles on last week on vacation. I'm extra careful where I park, but also take care of the outside. For a "weekend car" I have put 33K miles in just over 2 years. Enjoy your ride responsibly, but drive it!:like:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Purchased mine for after retirement. Won't be able to afford once I retire at 70.
Putting as few miles as I can until car is paid off. I will probably retire around the same time car is paid off.
Currently driving a really nice 1995 XR7 Cougar as a 20k a year commuter.

2019 CSGT with 4100 miles now.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Groups,

Garage Queens.
Just my thoughts.
I'm a LOT like you, although I drive my fun cars a little more. That said, my '15 just ticked over 10K miles. I blame some of this on having a stable of motorcycles though, not to mention living in Minnesota where fun car season is only 6-7 months.

As for the bolded portion, I've had a fair quantity of special Mustangs (see sig), but my current '15 GT has been the most enjoyable because I could mod it as I saw fit without tainting a special edition car. Funny part of that is the '15 turned out to be a Marti-documented 1-of-1 car the way I ordered it, but I still don't care. It's a garage queen to a degree, but I'm nowhere near obsessive about it.

I'm gunning to buy a '22 GT500 (or I think I am), but I'll be damned if the specter of my '07 GT500 isn't giving me pause. Constant worry and the inability to really use the '07 on public roads would apply to the new one as well (I'll never track it). I should just buy more property, motorcycles, and guns.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stanger1

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I guess I should also mention that I am heavy into Motorcycles,'
which I do spend a lot of time riding with buddies, etc.
I have both Cruiser and Sport bikes, and The Yamaha YZF R1 is my fix for speed, so the Roush does not feel fast after getting off the R1.
So that also explains the low miles on the Cars.
But this time, I am going to sit out on the Mustangs for a year and see what happens with Gas, the future of the ICE and go from there.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I can't imagine buying a car and driving it a few times a year. Life is short and you gotta enjoy what you have. I put about 15k miles in about 7 months in my car because it's a daily and I drive a lot. You gotta enjoy it and not worry about accidents or dings. It's gonna happen whether you have a POS car or an expensive car. But to each their own.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Had a '11 GT500 as a daily but only for like 3 months. Stressed me out because it was super nice and commanded attention I ended up not really wanting. Sold it for many reasons but mainly the range and it really wasn't a great DD. Same mentality as you're going for when I ordered my GT. Just a GT I thought...It's faster and feels nicer than the GT500. Just a GT... I absolutely love this car! It's a great DD! I love it so much I can't stress over the dings and chips because it is such a great vehicle to be driving. It's great in the rain and snow too as long as you have proper tires. My bro has a STI and loves the AWD with A/S tires in the snow. I feel like my mustang with snow tires does better. 2 years and 14.5k miles (travel a lot for work) and it's chipped from freeway driving and I've stopped stressing over it. Order it, buy it, enjoy it.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I've had my car for 15 months and have put about 10,000 kms on it. But I really don't know how I did that. I never take it to the grocery store or mall, I just drive it on nice days and go for drives. Meaning the drive is the days event, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not sure why I think of the car almost like an exotic car that needs to be protected from the weather, yet I see countless 5.0 Mustangs driving around in the rain and sometimes snow and they still seem to stand up great. I think because I bought this as a retirement gift to myself and don't plan on ever buying another one might be part of the reason.

Deleted member 35644

Just do what you can to prevent, and the rest is up to fate. Get paint protection put on, park far away from businesses and put obstructions on as many sides of the car as you can. Drive as if everyone is out to kill you. I, too, hate it when stuff happens. Rock chips are my nemesis, but I would be far more freaked out about driving something that has no repair parts available. If someone hits you, no it won't ever be exactly the same, but it's fixable.....to a point.

Just don't sell something you love out of fear. Use it for its intended purpose, and do what you can to keep it looking nice. And enjoy it.
Sponsored