Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Yeah, when I had my 2019 GT I also almost never used them. That's probably why they were eventually discontinued. But I still like the idea, and would rather have an option than not. Hence, I'm thinking of buying them off ebay as soon as we get clarity about 2021 lineup.

(Because I'm still a bit confused by “deleted” verbatim. E.g. if they're now available as an option from Ford, I would rather buy them new rather than aftermarket.)
Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I knew there must be some reason they labeled the speedometer "Ground Speed."
I'll have to check the owner's manual. Maybe there's a way to select a Mach Meter instead of Speedometer. ☺

Reactions: DRB

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I leave my off. Think it looks better but honestly wish the Mustangs vert down design was like camaro. It looks clean, but it’s hassle taking on/off. So kept my in my trunk til a cheer wine accident occurred. Now they went from black to lava red... sorta liking the look but still aren’t using.
FWIW, I pretty carefully considered the Camaro convertible (mostly in ZL1 flavor ...), when I went to buy my 2016 replacement.

Some things are a bit nicer, like how the tonneau cover finishes up the rear deck, but the downsides (the top specifically), were a big deal to me.

Plus, a couple of the places where it's "better" than the GT, were actually resolved with a Smart Top module, that I can't recommend enough.

GT
No space/storage changes per top position
No manual intervention (assuming not using the caps)

Camaro
More finished when down
* Operates at speeds
* Single touch up/down

* items on the Camaro that are available via the Smart Top - it also continues top operation with a start/stop cycle and as a side perk, lets you set the car start mode (so you can go to Sport, for example).

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
The 2021 order guide says they “deleted” the Tonneau Caps (Convertible Only). See page 1, under Exterior.

What does it practically mean? They no longer come by default (and hence have to be purchased separately)? Or, the opposite, they now come by default, and hence no longer available as a separate option?
i just took delivery of a 2021 and the tonneau caps came with the car. I asked the dealer about it and he wasn't certain what was going on. He suspected that since my car was the first week of 2021 production the factory may caps left over from 2020 and threw those in the trunk.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
whoa thanks for update. Mine is being built this week, so I'll have to wait a little more.

also, please share pics of your new vert!

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Good, more trouble than they were worth. Shame they didn't design them right in the first place.

OP
OP
Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I just received mine and the caps are included. Weird why the order guide says they're not.

Derkluge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang Hybrid
The 2021 order guide says they “deleted” the Tonneau Caps (Convertible Only). See page 1, under Exterior.

What does it practically mean? They no longer come by default (and hence have to be purchased separately)? Or, the opposite, they now come by default, and hence no longer available as a separate option?
They came by default on my 2021 GT Convertible. (Did not need to purchase them separately.)