Tomtop failure

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt
Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else runs in to the same problem. I was having problems with the car holding a charge. Took it to the dealer thinking it was something under warranty. Turns out something in the Tomtop unit was drawing from the battery after the car was off. Dealer unplugged the unit and draw went away. Of course now I have to pay the dealer since it was the Tomtop that went bad. Something I could have switched out for free. Ugg

I didn't think it was Tomtop unit since it was still working( as well as it can anyway). Lesson learned I guess. At least I took out the $12 Amazon insurance plan on it. We will see how well that works out. I also emailed the seller since it was less than a year old. Probably not getting anything out of them but worth a try at least.

Get what you pay for

Justin
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jcode68

Jcode68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
1968 DHG Fastback and 2019 DHG Bullitt

Silen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang
Oh was planning on purchasing this but i guess there are too many problems i see on forums / youtube to purchase this :/

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh was planning on purchasing this but i guess there are too many problems i see on forums / youtube to purchase this :/

There's a thread on an 8" Android unit going...
Sponsored