Sponsored

Tomorrow, the new custom exhaust goes on, fingers crossed.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Borla ProXS mufflers are really great mufflers. I've used them on several different cars, 4 cylinders to V8s and they all sounded good.
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'm working on replicating this setup now, I have the mid muffler installed and I have the Borla 40358s in the garage waiting for me to choose some tips. I can say this, the Magnaflow center muffler combined with the stock mufflers out back make the car stupidly quiet, WAY quieter than stock. Its like a caddy. I kinda like it to be honest.

OP
OP
jcl78

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I'm working on replicating this setup now, I have the mid muffler installed and I have the Borla 40358s in the garage waiting for me to choose some tips. I can say this, the Magnaflow center muffler combined with the stock mufflers out back make the car stupidly quiet, WAY quieter than stock. Its like a caddy. I kinda like it to be honest.
Thanks for the update, I think you will like the Borla's over the stock mufflers with the MF Tru-X in place, a nice deep smooth tone. Give it 1000 miles and it will settle in and will be a bit louder than when first put on. I was a bit concerned at first that I quieted it down too much, but I really enjoy it now. When you get on it, it is definitely a nice growl, but when cruising it is as quiet as you want it to be. Like I said, this is definitely not the kind of exhaust if you want to be noticed, ha. I will try to get some recent videos to try and capture the difference.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am 41 &, in my younger days (when did I get old?), I would have loved this combo.
Sorry for the delayed response, but a few weeks back I left the house w/the Mustang for a Baskin Robbins banana split ... & 6,000+ miles later I finally found my way back home. :) Anyway, back to the topic at hand ... getting older is a fact of life, but getting old is a state of mind. And 'old' people simply do not own Mustangs (or pretty much any interesting car). As for you being 'old', hell, my oldest #1 son will be 40 in a few months & my youngest #1 son turned 36 earlier this year. And both of 'em absolutely refuse to let me grow 'old'!!! So suck it up, buttercup, yer livin' the dream.

Last edited:

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thanks for the update, I think you will like the Borla's over the stock mufflers with the MF Tru-X in place, a nice deep smooth tone. Give it 1000 miles and it will settle in and will be a bit louder than when first put on. I was a bit concerned at first that I quieted it down too much, but I really enjoy it now. When you get on it, it is definitely a nice growl, but when cruising it is as quiet as you want it to be. Like I said, this is definitely not the kind of exhaust if you want to be noticed, ha. I will try to get some recent videos to try and capture the difference.
Yeah, with the blower on the car got a whole lot louder. With my Krona it was loud before and painful now. Just not interested in everyone within a 5 mile radius knowing I'm driving somewhere any more.

Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, with the blower on the car got a whole lot louder. With my Krona it was loud before and painful now. Just not interested in everyone within a 5 mile radius knowing I'm driving somewhere any more.
Thinking of selling your Krona? I still haven't decided, lol. (You let me hear yours maybe two months ago, we met somewhere up by Dayville I think).

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Thinking of selling your Krona? I still haven't decided, lol. (You let me hear yours maybe two months ago, we met somewhere up by Dayville I think).
Yeah I remember, was wondering if you ever decided. Its going to be for sale pretty cheap I need it gone.

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I remember, was wondering if you ever decided. Its going to be for sale pretty cheap I need it gone.
Nope still haven't. Keep going back and forth on a few... let me know what price you're thinking when you decide and maybe I'll finally pull the trigger. I am trying to hear a Solo Mach XV in person real soon.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Nope still haven't. Keep going back and forth on a few... let me know what price you're thinking when you decide and maybe I'll finally pull the trigger. I am trying to hear a Solo Mach XV in person real soon.
Send me a text if you can, I lost all the numbers when I had to reset my phone.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Ok I got mine done! This to me is how the car should sound stock and probably would be perfect with long tubes. Deep sound with no drone, it actually seems to get quieter the higher it revs.

I'll see if I can get some video to add to this thread.
20190905_161843.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
jcl78

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I got mine done! This to me is how the car should sound stock and probably would be perfect with long tubes. Deep sound with no drone, it actually seems to get quieter the higher it revs.
Nice! What tips did you go with?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Sounds great, OP! Really nice.
Sponsored