Sponsored

Today is the day. Its official. Shes moved on

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
...to bigger and better things. She's officially a garage queen. I have the unlikeliest of marriages I guess but I bought what I consider to be a rare gem for a pickup to drive to work. I have about a 30 mile roundtrip commute on very terrible city highways with nothing but 18 wheelers and tons of gravel/rock/concrete trucks that sling stuff at the car. Unfortunately in 3 thousand miles the car has three very bad rock chips that I will have to take to the paint shop to get fixed.

The Mustangs officially the most expensive stationary luxury thing I've ever owned up until now. My garage at the apartment isn't exciting until I put my Snapon box in there Saturday as well as the bench. But I've already used it to work on stuff. Now once ground control releases their CO's I can get on the bandwagon of low and clean. My first shop by myself but it gets the job done :thumbsup:

PS: For any GM/Chevy fans here, the truck is a 95 one owner gem. Window sticker and original paperwork included. 115k miles 5.7 5 speed manual 3.42 limited slip. All factory options work like a champ. Runs super well and is super clean. Eventually sticking an LS and a manual in this thing when I lower it.
Sponsored

sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pony Package
I have about a 30 mile roundtrip commute on very terrible city highways with nothing but 18 wheelers and tons of gravel/rock/concrete trucks that sling stuff at the car. Unfortunately in 3 thousand miles the car has three very bad rock chips that I will have to take to the paint shop to get fixed.
To get on the interstate near my house there is a trucking depot location here. They are entering/leaving the depot and hopping on the highway. Nothing but large dirt haulers that drive like bats outta hell that throw mud/rocks. I actually take my princess thru the ghetto to avoid this area.

I sometimes wish to just carry a large tub of gravel in my vehicles and just getting in front of every dump truck that's speeding down the highway getting airborne over expansion joints and just start tossing out crap and letting it fly right into their windshields.

...not that i'm bitter or anything.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
At first I thought I was going to read you were trading or selling it. I may be in the same boat shortly. I'm relocating back to Florida and if my next job is located at a not safe or desireable location I will just pick up a nice used F150 or Silverado as a daily driver.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Congrats on the new DD! Looks great for the age. Similar to you, I picked up a 96 Bronco that had only 94K miles when I bought it, and use it to take some of the commuting load off the Mustang. Primarily though, I got it for Hauling stuff from Home Depot, Carrying the Canoe, dogs, etc. Have a bunch of Hobbies that I'd never use the Mustang for.

Actually get more compliments on the Bronco!

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What is that strange pedal to left of the footwell?? Dam! A clutch in pickup truck!! Didn't think you could find a manual p/u truck anywhere. Reminds me of a lack of people not driving stick anymore. Recent story: 4 guys broke into a dealership, disabled the security system and light system, found where all the keys were and stole 4 very nice cars. Except 1 was stick shift. They moved it a couple feet(b/c they could not drive stick) and left it-lights on etc.

At least they were nice enough to lock it before they left.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Wow, been a long time since I saw a stick in a pickup truck.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Funny. I just test drove a new F-150 for my winter vehicle and decided that there was no way in hell I could drive a Stang in the summer and be happy driving a big expensive floaty jello barge F-150 in the winter. So I'll just spend a lot less and get a Focus stick for the winter. At least I can take it on winter performance driving courses.

But yeah, I get your point on the winter vehicle. Nice catch on the used F-150!

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Looks like she is settling in just fine. I'm sorry you can't DD her anymore

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Back when pickups looked good.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Take the engine out of the Mustang and put it in the pickup truck, problem solved. :D:D

Terry

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Haha thanks guys! It makes me really happy to have it stored away safe and clean. I've already started ordering things for it that I wouldn't of put on while I daily'd the car. I'm very happy to report I can lower it now as well finally.

The truck is a rare sight considering how clean it is inside and out and it's a 350 5spd. I get a lot of looks and compliments on it. But so does the mustang :D

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I paid off my Tacoma just after getting my GT. It needs a few things, but it still looks great and runs great and will freakin go anywhere. 10 years old and 144k miles and literally the only thing that has ever gone wrong is a wheel bearing. I had an axle go bad but actually found out it was the wrong axle that had been installed four years earlier after I wrecked it.

I was putting 20k+ a year on it since I bought it in 2010 but only 1k since April..lol. But, it'll go back on primary duty in another month or so I suppose and the GT will be reserved for the warmer evenings on those summer tires. I love the truck though. A buddy borrows it for a day or two once in a while and just gave it back after using it for a week to move, and wanted to buy it. When I told him they were still selling for 12-14k with that mileage he was shocked..lol. I love that truck though. With any luck it'll last until the GT is paid off. I'm figuring about 12k miles a year now so I think it's feasible.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Love the manual truck
Sponsored