Sponsored

To tune, or not to tune?!

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is a perfectly fine to wait until the warranty is over. Last I check the car is still fun to drive stock.
[MENTION=16680]Jon|3.7[/MENTION]
They sell different types of tunes. Most of the time you won't need a tune update when adding things like cai and/or TB. Atleast from my experience asking MPT about it. But they do have tune updates if your car suddenly starts acting weird when a new part is added, so the support is there if a problem arises.
Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
It is a perfectly fine to wait until the warranty is over. Last I check the car is still fun to drive stock.
[MENTION=16680]Jon|3.7[/MENTION]
They sell different types of tunes. Most of the time you won't need a tune update when adding things like cai and/or TB. Atleast from my experience asking MPT about it. But they do have tune updates if your car suddenly starts acting weird when a new part is added, so the support is there if a problem arises.
thats good to hear cause thats my main worry, having a problem and not knowing what to do knowing a dealership will be hesitant

MIIPILOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 AUTO,1977 MUSTANG II
Octane is directly related to compression ratio. The lower the octane the easier the fuel will ignite when compressed. If the fuel ignites before the spark occurs then you have detonation or knock. The current 3.7 compression ratio is 10.5 to 1 which can definitely benefit from higher octane fuel. The knock sensors in the car detect knock and lower timing to stop it. This means loss of optimum power. That's why they get more power with the 93 tune because they can be more aggressive with timing. With 10.5 to 1 compression you can probably benefit from as much as 96 octane. That's why they developed the E30 tune. E30 gives about 96 octane. If you go to high with the octane the fuel will not completely burn and your mileage will suffer and performance will fall off. The 3.7 will make about 10 more horespower with the stock tune and 93 octane fuel.
Sponsored