Sponsored

to sell car or to fix evaporated

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
alright guys am pretty mad/upset, my car is a 2017 mustang gt, it has 7k miles yes only 7k miles bought it new, anyways the evaporator more than likely going out am having the hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side, for what I have read on the forums this is a known issues which at this point will cost me anywhere from 1500-3000 depending on the stupid dealer I go to and since am in California am sure its going to be closer to the 3k range. with this being said say I fix it this is more than lily going to happen again, say it happens every 4 years am I better off just selling it and getting something? options are camamro and corvette no am not brand myopic I like any brand that makes a reliable vehicle, none of my honda had this issue with only 7k miles. anyways want to know what u guys think thanx.
Sponsored

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
alright guys am pretty mad/upset, my car is a 2017 mustang gt, it has 7k miles yes only 7k miles bought it new, anyways the evaporator more than likely going out am having the hot on the driver side and cold on the passenger side, for what I have read on the forums this is a known issues which at this point will cost me anywhere from 1500-3000 depending on the stupid dealer I go to and since am in California am sure its going to be closer to the 3k range. with this being said say I fix it this is more than lily going to happen again, say it happens every 4 years am I better off just selling it and getting something? options are camamro and corvette no am not brand myopic I like any brand that makes a reliable vehicle, none of my honda had this issue with only 7k miles. anyways want to know what u guys think thanx.
Contact ford head office and ask them the fix the problem under goodwill . It’s a known problem and even with the warranty out they should repair it . Good luck 👍

Last edited:
OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Contact ford head office and ask them the fix the problem under good will . It’s a known problem and even with the warranty out they should repair it . Good luck 👍
Really? Any number i can find online basically and call

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
The Ford 800 customer service number.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Contact ford head office and ask them the fix the problem under good will . It’s a known problem and even with the warranty out they should repair it . Good luck 👍
Have u had this happen to u?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
No but Ford does have goodwill programs to help customers. They really should cover it anyway. See what they say.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The goodwill has been a gesture that other M6G members have received. It’s been noted in the main A/C EVAP thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Depending on how far out from the new car 3/36, some members were able to get Ford to fix “under warranty” with no out of pocket cost. Others who received Ford Service Center quote for repair and were “well beyond” the 3/36 were able to get Ford Corp to cover anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of the repair cost.

The main thread is huge, but it’s all in there.

—
If you’re set on selling over that issue, Vroom seems to be offering the best payments for used S550’s. Do a quote to see how much you will get from them before trying to sell outright or trading in…

Here’s the Ford 800 info:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

good luck!

Glenn 70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
1970 mach 1 mustang
Have u had this happen to u?
Mine went as well ,but was still under warranty . But I know others that have had theirs fixed out of warranty because it’s a known fault and done under goodwill from ford . Australia tho ,but still sorted by ford themselves .

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine went out about 2 years into owning my new 2016 ecoboost, car was still well within warranty period, took into dealer had it fixed instantly for $0, its been great ever since through the hot weather here in Florida.

The cost the dealer covered was about $1,800

TC

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The new revised evaporator unit should last, but obviously nothing is guaranteed.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The goodwill has been a gesture that other M6G members have received. It’s been noted in the main A/C EVAP thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Depending on how far out from the new car 3/36, some members were able to get Ford to fix “under warranty” with no out of pocket cost. Others who received Ford Service Center quote for repair and were “well beyond” the 3/36 were able to get Ford Corp to cover anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 of the repair cost.

The main thread is huge, but it’s all in there.

—
If you’re set on selling over that issue, Vroom seems to be offering the best payments for used S550’s. Do a quote to see how much you will get from them before trying to sell outright or trading in…

Here’s the Ford 800 info:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-ford-800-info-for-those-needing-it.111571/

good luck!
Vroom huh? I checked carmax and they offer 30-31k which i thought wasnt bad, debating wether to go thru the hassle with ford, i feel like this car is just gonna keep desintegrating by just sitting in my garage which none of my other cars did (vette,s2k,Z,miata) whats wrong with ford man this is my first and probably only purchase from them.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Vroom huh? I checked carmax and they offer 30-31k which i thought wasnt bad, debating wether to go thru the hassle with ford, i feel like this car is just gonna keep desintegrating by just sitting in my garage which none of my other cars did (vette,s2k,Z,miata) whats wrong with ford man this is my first and probably only purchase from them.
yea, check out this thread if you haven't seen it already. Seems like folks are getting better (higher) offers through Vroom.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-is-your-carvana-sell-offer-for-your-gt.157136/

---
As far as the actual car, the S550 is a great car and platform overall. The 2015-17's had minor bugs for such a brand new platform and A/C EVAP issues were eventually worked out once the 2018 model year was introduced. Ford is aware of the S550 A/C issue (there's multiple TSB's as documented in the main A/C thread). So, before you make any rash decision, definitely give the Corp # a call and see if they can provide you assistance for the repairs.
Sponsored