Sponsored

To racing stripe or to not racing stripe ?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
OP, some tips:
Big Worm stripes taper narrow starting at the hood rear to the front splitter. They look better proportioned that way.

I can do stripe kit on my own, but never succeeded on the hood where there is a compound curve.

I put clear film over my stripes, so that means full front bumper, hood, roof, trunk, and center portion of the rear bumper. Vinyl is kinda fragile so this helps it hold up to washing.

If you have silver wheels on your Kona, consider silver or pearl white stripes. I don't like to mix metallic car with non-metallic stripes or vice-versa.
Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
So I’m getting ideas for a lower rocker stripe for my 2022 for when it comes in. I’m looking for JUST the rocker and not the hood.

Contacted a “premier” graphics shop in the Twin Cities. They quoted me $2,200 for the stripe like the Mach 1 (black with white pin). I had to reread the quote a few times to be sure this was not made of gold and blessed by the Pope

Contacted a second shop that I know which did PPF and PDR for me in the past. Turns out they do vinyl graphics as well. Their quote? $300

Both using 3M vinyl with a 5 year warranty.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...saw these stripes on a Black Mustang @ Carolina Shores
last week.................:rockon:
IMG_0560.JPG

...my wifey. What a photographer..............:giggle:

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve decided on Kona blue. But for the life of me I keep going back and forth on whether or not to get the white racing stripe. $500 seems like a lot for a sticker. How well do the stripes hold up? I feel like it makes the car look more distinctive but I’m having trouble deciding.
I had my stripes done by a wrap specialty shop three years ago and they're still perfect. The right color makes all the difference. I paid $600. That's the way I'd go because there's a lot more color choices.
Screenshot_20220310-153826_Gallery.jpg

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
They definitely make the car stand out. In my case, I don’t want to stand out but I like the look :like:

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I’m normally not a stripe guy, but I thought these were subtle enough, and I enjoy the look now.
52BDABEC-DB9F-4A01-BA40-29142CA13A71.jpeg
0A9C9A2E-DA43-4F50-8992-3F6279B5A819.jpeg
Nice

I see you don’t have the bumper and splitter done with the stripes. I kinda like that. My old 68 Camaro was while like that and I didn’t have stripes on the roof. I’m so torn on wether to do the roof and bumpers if I ever get it done. I probably would just stripe the hood and trunk lid/spoiler and that’s it ? Nobody does it like that so I dont know what it would like.

Got any pics of the rear ?

davbrucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium, 2019 CTSV
I bought the two black stripes with white pinstripes from big worm but my son doesn't want them on the car so I'm gonna sell them. New still in box if anyone interested. PM me.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
I think Kona Blue is one of the all time best colors from any manufacturer and I wouldn't cover any of it. But if I did, it would be Pearl White.

Edit: Just realized this is a zombie thread that just comes back to life every 6 months. Ha ha, but some nice pics at least.

Last edited:

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice

I see you don’t have the bumper and splitter done with the stripes. I kinda like that. My old 68 Camaro was while like that and I didn’t have stripes on the roof. I’m so torn on wether to do the roof and bumpers if I ever get it done. I probably would just stripe the hood and trunk lid/spoiler and that’s it ? Nobody does it like that so I dont know what it would like.

Got any pics of the rear ?
It's all about the right color combination. I've seen some that look awful.
Sponsored