Sponsored

To Our Friends in the South East

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
By what we are all being told of the hurricane that is about to hit U.S. east coast I for one would like to tell you that we are thinking of you folks. It surely sounds like it may result as one for the records in this part of the country. Thoughts & prayers for your safety everyone!

Harry(PP001) especially thinking of you as you have helped out so many in the Mustang community. If you have the opportunity to chime in here & give us some updates. Would like to extend a helping hand if it is needed.

Take care to all!
Sponsored

meares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4022
Thank you! I'm in Pinehurst NC...about 2 hrs inland from Wilmington...we're buckling down

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

OF2018GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 2020 F250 2020
Vehicle Showcase
I am supposed to fly in ( home ) eastern NC Sunday this storm looks to be a bad one , east coast has had an extremely wet summer already

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
To all of my virtual friends, this storm is no joke, the strength and the fact it’s coming straight in and predicted to stall. Be prepared and stay safe.
Usually you all don’t get the dirty side the upper right corner, we did in Andrew.
Our prayers are with all of you!

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
By what we are all being told of the hurricane that is about to hit U.S. east coast I for one would like to tell you that we are thinking of you folks. It surely sounds like it may result as one for the records in this part of the country. Thoughts & prayers for your safety everyone!

Harry(PP001) especially thinking of you as you have helped out so many in the Mustang community. If you have the opportunity to chime in here & give us some updates. Would like to extend a helping hand if it is needed.

Take care to all!
Rex, thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for us and everyone down in the Southeast as very much appreciated especially from my wife and myself.

Our entire Mustang community can be very large at times with enthusiasts from all around the world but mostly concentrated in North America and it is times like this that we can truly say that we are one small family and suggest that we must look out for each other during difficult times such as this.

I would like to think that being somewhat inland in South Carolina that we will be fine during the storm and have some good friends leaving the Hilton Head area sometime tomorrow and plan to stay with us during this eventful time.

We certainly have room in our home for another family during this interesting time especially if they are also Mustang enthusiasts therefore if you need some place to stay please send me a PM and we will do everything that we can to accommodate you and your family and if you need a place to store your Mustang inside during the bad weather I will do whatever I can to help you out.

Keep in mind that you may be sleeping on the floor and on an air mattress but in any case you, your family and your Mustang will hopefully be kept safe and out of harms way over the next few days.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Rex, thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for us and everyone down in the Southeast as very much appreciated especially from my wife and myself.

Our entire Mustang community can be very large at times with enthusiasts from all around the world but mostly concentrated in North America and it is times like this that we can truly say that we are one small family and suggest that we must look out for each other during difficult times such as this.

I would like to think that being somewhat inland in South Carolina that we will be fine during the storm and have some good friends leaving the Hilton Head area sometime tomorrow and plan to stay with us during this eventful time.

We certainly have room in our home for another family during this interesting time especially if they are also Mustang enthusiasts therefore if you need some place to stay please send me a PM and we will do everything that we can to accommodate you and your family and if you need a place to store your Mustang inside during the bad weather I will do whatever I can to help you out.

Keep in mind that you may be sleeping on the floor and on an air mattress but in any case you, your family and your Mustang will hopefully be kept safe and out of harms way over the next few days.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Harry,

If you and yours need a place to crash...… You are of course welcome.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry,

If you and yours need a place to crash...… You are of course welcome.
Thanks Tom as I greatly appreciate your kind offer but looks like the hurricane will land North of us at least I hope so based on what we know today!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Tom as I greatly appreciate your kind offer but looks like the hurricane will land North of us at least I hope so based on what we know today!
Yes, but if that should change...….. Best of luck.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Remember this is a huge storm and it’s still far enough off shore that it can jog up or down, Andrew was originally predicted to hit Ft Lauderdale it jogged down in the last moment and hit Homestead and So Dade, missing Ft Lauderdale entirely
If in doubt evacuate, with the storm moving slowly there is still ample time, but the roads will become a mess, add double or triple to your travel time as more people leave.
Stay safe everyone, your lives and your families are of paramount importance
We pray for a last minute weakening and a move off shore.
We are all praying for a safe event

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
The problems after the storm:
No power and for how long 6 weeks after Andrew and a few others in So Fl, generator is great if you have a big enough one and a transfer switch and fuel and oil and proper ventilation
No fuel and even if there is fuel if there’s no power u can’t pump it, in So Fl our gas stations have generators
Roads blocked by debris
Groceries if stores don’t have power
Cell service towers may be out for a while
Internet last on the list to get fixed
Need cash, no power no credit cards

We start every hurricane season with a satellite phone
Lots of batteries and candles
Water
Ice chests filled with ice
Refrigerator and freezers turned to low with minimal times opened
Canned food
Lots of propane
At least 50 gallons of gas and all cars filled up
Chain saws all serviced
Generators all serviced
Fans
Non potable water for flushing toilets
Guns loaded and all adults carrying
Neighbors getting together and helping each other

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The problems after the storm:
No power and for how long 6 weeks after Andrew and a few others in So Fl, generator is great if you have a big enough one and a transfer switch and fuel and oil and proper ventilation
No fuel and even if there is fuel if there’s no power u can’t pump it, in So Fl our gas stations have generators
Roads blocked by debris
Groceries if stores don’t have power
Cell service towers may be out for a while
Internet last on the list to get fixed
Need cash, no power no credit cards

We start every hurricane season with a satellite phone
Lots of batteries and candles
Water
Ice chests filled with ice
Refrigerator and freezers turned to low with minimal times opened
Canned food
Lots of propane
At least 50 gallons of gas and all cars filled up
Chain saws all serviced
Generators all serviced
Fans
Non potable water for flushing toilets
Guns loaded and all adults carrying
Neighbors getting together and helping each other
It sounds like you've done this a few times.

Don't forget lots of ammo for the guns on that shopping list.

I just said screw it and got a whole house generator installed. An unlimited supply of natural gas running the whole house electrical load costs about $20 per day. Two hurricanes two years in a row and that was enough for me to finally get one. I found the biggest inconvenience is living without power. Living in the south, I always make it a point to stock up on water and food to cover me and guests for at least two weeks. You know damn well when you are the only guy with lights on, all of a sudden everyone wants to stay at your house.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Can’t get natural gas only propane and can’t get tank on the side of the house where I need it and the line to run to far, so my electric service is split into two panels, transfer switches, 2 15kW gas generators, giant party cover for generators and large industrial fan to blow air over generators to cool them
50 gallons of gas in cans in addition to the 15 gallons in each generator and several gallons of oil to keep generators happy, by the time I need fuel there should be stations back up and running
Yes been thru this rodeo more than once
Luckily no more shutters, all impact hurricane rated windows and doors and aluminum roof

And the GT350 behind a metal hurricane garage door which I cover with additional plywood

I just hope and pray the storm fizzles and our friends all are safe or get to safe places

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Thank you! I'm in Pinehurst NC...about 2 hrs inland from Wilmington...we're buckling down
Unfortunately it's about to get real ugly as I pray that this monster turns back out into the ocean. We survived Fran in 1996 only time will tell with this one!
Sponsored