Sponsored

To graphene, or not to graphene...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Well, I wanna get my car pain corrected and protected and I have a local detailer who applies both Ceramic Pro and Graphene. The graphene would be $1600 for whole car, CF wheels, under hood and under deck lid. Doesn’t seem outrageous, but they wanna keep my car for 2 days and it’s in a sketchy part of town.

Does valet mode even matter? You guys feel comfort racing your car somewhere for 2 days?
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I just had mine done. Full paint correction and cquarts ceramic topped with reload. I was told 2 days as well. Not greatest part of town either but that’s where a lot of shops are. But yes. 2 days and then 24hrs for ceramic to cure. My 19 was $1200. Worth it by far!

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Graphine is just new hype, 1600 is a little on the high side, if you garage keep the car and only drive it on nice days there are plenty of products you can use and apply that would make the car look great and last a long time under those conditions.

As far as leaving it, depending on the shop, we have some really great shops here on Long Island
that have great security and work on many high end cars.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Graphine is just new hype, 1600 is a little on the high side, if you garage keep the car and only drive it on nice days there are plenty of products you can use and apply that would make the car look great and last a long time under those conditions.

As far as leaving it, depending on the shop, we have some really great shops here on Long Island
that have great security and work on many high end cars.
This is North Chuck (Charleston), SC. Ain’t the most crime ridden spot if you know what I mean.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've only heard good things about the graphene, but it's up to you if you want to be on the cutting edge of paint coatings and all that entails with basically being a beta tester. $1600 is what I paid for the paint correction + ceramic coating 5 years ago when I bought the car, it's probably well over that nowadays.

IMO, with the advent of fantastic, easy sprays like P&S beadmaker which I just apply after every wash, I feel like ceramic coatings weren't worth it for me since I find myself enjoying washing my car on a regular basis.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Is doing it yourself an option? Paint correction is very gratifying. I used the 303 Spray on Graphene on my DD and so far it’s holding up well.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Is doing it yourself an option? Paint correction is very gratifying. I used the 303 Spray on Graphene on my DD and so far it’s holding up well.
I haven't personally tried that one, but the products available nowadays is absolutely fantastic, it's also becoming more and more user-friendly with every iteration.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is. I just have to gain the time.

Sponsored

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
If you can do the paint correction and coating yourself I highly recommend Ethos Graphene Matrix coating. I have used this on 3 of my vehicles including my GT350 and it was easy to apply and has held up for 16 months on my daily driver like the day I applied it. Supposed to be a semi permanent 5 year coating. Should also use a topper......many choices that including Ethos Resist and Defy, Carpro Reload, Nova Lustre, etc.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can do the paint correction and coating yourself I highly recommend Ethos Graphene Matrix coating. I have used this on 3 of my vehicles including my GT350 and it was easy to apply and has held up for 16 months on my daily driver like the day I applied it. Supposed to be a semi permanent 5 year coating. Should also use a topper......many choices that including Ethos Resist and Defy, Carpro Reload, Nova Lustre, etc.
I haven’t heard of this company and product but the guys I talked to highly recommended Adam’s and said the life of their graphene was 7-years, but likely 10+ or more if garaged.

Zuess765

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Save yourself the money and just apply a Graphine Detailer spray yourself like Adams or Ceramic wipe on wipe off wax like Griots Ceramic 3 in 1. I did my car in Griots 3 in 1 a couple months ago, stuff is amazing and as mention, if you keep your car in the garage and don't drive it in harsh weather, you can easily get 6 to 12 months out of this stuff.

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Save yourself the money and just apply a Graphine Detailer spray yourself like Adams or Ceramic wipe on wipe off wax like Griots Ceramic 3 in 1. I did my car in Griots 3 in 1 a couple months ago, stuff is amazing and as mention, if you keep your car in the garage and don't drive it in harsh weather, you can easily get 6 to 12 months out of this stuff.
This
Lol. I live here. North Chuck used to be top-10 in USA for crime but has made steady progress.

It’s not just crime I’m concerned with, but also happy opportunists.
Yah, it hit or miss there, coming down at the end of May, have family there

I would stick with the advise given Ceramic of Graphine spray, if your paints in good condition
Sponsored