Sponsored

To Force Inject or Not - That is the question!

Given the current regulatory issues, would you still consider doing a FI build?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait and See

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Given all the latest regulatory crackdowns, would you still be willing to do a FI build seeing as the aftermarket tuner companies may not be around too much longer (assuming you do not want a "defeat" tune that disables emissions components)?

I have been waiting for my Whipple kit to arrive and I have been having second thoughts about installing it now. When I ordered it things were different (and I missed the writing on the wall)! I do suppose I could go with the Whipple CARB approved tune, although I ordered the tuner kit with nGauge (which I now have) and it would be nice to dial in a nice safe tune (and keep my cats).
Sponsored

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
I've been looking at building a project car either this year or next. N/A, but cams, headers, etc. Can't do that without a tune.

Curious to hear everyone's feedback.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Put the whipple EO# sticker on the car and use whatever tune you want, so long as it keeps all emissions devises.

Ummmm I didn't say that.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My car is currently in the shop getting a stage 2 Whipple kit installed along with the Whipple 50 state legal tune. I say go that route and go have some fun. Yes, my stock cats are a concern (I always planned to run them), but I'm confident they will last a good amount of time given the safety measures in the whipple tune. Now if they fail....not sure what happens then. LOL

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
I was literally about to post a similar thread.. I’m thinking of going with VMP gen3r budget kit or even their Loki kit but now I’m worried about what happens if down the line there are no tuners to hell if we run into problems.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
There's nothing wrong with Whipples EO approved tunes. I say run it. I did for a year before setting out to achieve a drag strip goal. I'm now considering going back to that configuration, for the safety, drivability, and potential resale of the car, doubt I ever will, but its nice to have the option if times get hard.

What are you goals with the car. Aftermarket tuning usually is best when you are trying to do some thing specific like launch the car with the least amount of tire spin, or run a fuel thats not ~14.1 Stoich. If you are just looking for a fast and fun street driven car, and you don't have any parts that need to be covered by an after market calibration, just stick with the Whipple calibration.
Sponsored