To Buy or Not to Buy?

Loud068

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2009 BMW M5, 2016 Kia Optima
Thinking on jumping into the below for my first Mustang.
https://www.apeximports.com/pre-owned-cars/detail/2015-Ford-Mustang/315164

I am coming from owning all BMWs (96 M3, 2003 M3, and 2009 M5 - recently sold) and am 1. over the ridiculous maintenance costs and 2. Unhappy with all the new ones coming out. The GTs not only look gorgeous but provide a tremendous amount of value for the cost. Open to any thoughts or suggestions on the above 2015 for sale.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Not bad. Bought my 15 premium a year and a half ago for 26k. I would say test drive it and bring someone with you to see it. Check to see if stock or not.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Seems like a decent deal if it looks good in person. I paid 24k(they were asking 26K) for my 17 with 47000 miles. I think it was a decent price, i maybe would have liked a bit off for the higher miles, but it's in good condition. It is a base with PP. That one is a Premium without the PP. So as far as cost they should be comparable.

I have the same thinking as you. For the performance you get, it's hard to beat price wise while being relatively new.

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Looks like it was in two accidents if you look at the car fax. Vehicle towed both times. I'm not saying the damage was too bad, but unless i couldn't drive it, i wouldn't tow it after an accident(am i crazy?). May be something to think about, though an accident isn't always a deal breaker, but look carefully.
1:
Accident reported
Involving rear impact
Moderate damage reported
Airbags did not deploy
Vehicle towed

2:
Accident reported
Involving front or side impact
Damage to front
Moderate right front damage reported
Vehicle towed
Vehicle drivable
Airbags did not deploy

OP
OP

Loud068

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2009 BMW M5, 2016 Kia Optima
Looks like it was in two accidents if you look at the car fax. Vehicle towed both times. I'm not saying the damage was too bad, but unless i couldn't drive it, i wouldn't tow it after an accident(am i crazy?). May be something to think about, though an accident isn't always a deal breaker, but look carefully.
1:
Accident reported
Involving rear impact
Moderate damage reported
Airbags did not deploy
Vehicle towed

2:
Accident reported
Involving front or side impact
Damage to front
Moderate right front damage reported
Vehicle towed
Vehicle drivable
Airbags did not deploy
Saw that as well, figured that since the airbags didn't deploy, should be ok....Maybe not the best assumption but I would definitely want to look in person and drive before buying.

Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I would definitely just keep looking due to the accidents even if the airbags didn't deploy. It will never drive right.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
The accidents scare me as well. Keep looking.

Luke5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Looks nice and love the interior color but would pass solely cause of the accidents. I usually stay away from cars with accidents reported on carfax whether its minor or major. Also you can try getting an oasis report on it for warranty work done on it I believe.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
There are too many good used ones out there in that price range to settle for one that has been wrecked twice. Keep looking.
Sponsored