Sponsored

Titan Precious Metals Titanium Header Bolts for 5.0L & 6.2L Now Shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT
Everyone knows that a header install on a 5.0L is a job in it's own. Nothing is worse than having a bolt break and having to spend double the time and money fixing it.

From our background in turbo and boosted applications we are familiar with the need for premium, durable fasteners. That is why we have developed the a line of TITANIUM bolts and fasteners called Titan Precious Metals.

These premium header bolts cost the same as ARP and other lines, but rather than mild steel/stainless steel, they are made of Titanium. What does that mean? It means these bolts are lighter and stronger than stainless, while also not corroding. Matter of fact because they are a precious metal, they gain value while they are installed on your car!

View them here- https://goturbo.net/tpm00004-titan-...ium-12-pt-header-bolts-ford-modular-5-0l-6-2l
  • Ford Modular 5.0L & 6.2L
  • 10mm-1.25x25mm w/12 Point Head
  • 16 Bolts Per Kit
Exhaust Bolts

• Fasteners are made out of Grade 5 Titanium (6AL-4V)
  • The two most useful properties of the metal form are corrosion resistance and the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal. In its unalloyed condition, titanium is as strong as some steels, but 45% lighter!
  • Titanium is 100% Non-Corrosive and will never rust, corrode, crack, or shrink/expand.
  • These bolts may be torqued the same amount of standard Grade 8 steel bolts.
  • Rolled threads are standard for superior strength.
  • A perfect gift for the Gearhead in your life. Jewelry for your car! Being a precious metal, they may gain value while on your vehicle!
  • All fasteners will come with 12-point heads for the easiest installation possible
TITAN_12__94726__21431.1566411310.jpg

TPM00005__91090__34609.1566411311.jpg
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Nothing is worse than having a bolt break and having to spend double the time and money fixing it.
If titanium is as strong as steels, then wouldn't this be not any stronger than the stock hardware? If you break something, wouldn't you want an upgrade in strength? Why would you spend significantly more on a titanium piece that's not any stronger?

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
These premium header bolts cost the same as ARP and other lines, but rather than mild steel/stainless steel, they are made of Titanium. What does that mean? It means these bolts are lighter and stronger than stainless, while also not corroding. Matter of fact because they are a precious metal, they gain value while they are installed on your car!

View them here- https://goturbo.net/tpm00004-titan-...ium-12-pt-header-bolts-ford-modular-5-0l-6-2l
  • Ford Modular 5.0L & 6.2L
  • 10mm-1.25x25mm w/12 Point Head
  • 16 Bolts Per Kit
Exhaust Bolts

• Fasteners are made out of Grade 5 Titanium (6AL-4V)
  • The two most useful properties of the metal form are corrosion resistance and the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal. In its unalloyed condition, titanium is as strong as some steels, but 45% lighter!
  • Titanium is 100% Non-Corrosive and will never rust, corrode, crack, or shrink/expand.
  • These bolts may be torqued the same amount of standard Grade 8 steel bolts.
  • Rolled threads are standard for superior strength.
  • A perfect gift for the Gearhead in your life. Jewelry for your car! Being a precious metal, they may gain value while on your vehicle!
  • All fasteners will come with 12-point heads for the easiest installation possible
While I appreciate the time and energy someone puts forth in bringing a new product to market, however this is a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

They mention ARP bolts which have a fantastic reputation. These "jewelry" bolts are a gimmick, nothing more. The fact that they used the "may gain value" tag should be the first clue.

No thanks, I'll stick with ARP, thank you very much.

OP
OP
Armageddon Turbo

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
While I appreciate the time and energy someone puts forth in bringing a new product to market, however this is a solution in search of a problem that doesn't exist.

They mention ARP bolts which have a fantastic reputation. These "jewelry" bolts are a gimmick, nothing more. The fact that they used the "may gain value" tag should be the first clue.

No thanks, I'll stick with ARP, thank you very much.
If the problem does not exist, then why do you have ARP bolts? ARP in most cases are made from steel, just as a are OEM. As an example, I have seen crank bolts that are less than $3 OEM, and the ARP steel version is over $30. People pay 10x more for an upgraded steel bolt and don't bat an eye. We are trying to innovate and bring better products to the table by using titanium. There is a reason Titanium is used by the best F1 teams in the world who care about longevity, strength, corrosive resistance and weight. Yes, these bolts might not mean much in weight on a street car, but if you are gonna spend ARP money on premium hardware, why not spend it on a premium material rather than warmed over $100 steel bolts.

If titanium is as strong as steels, then wouldn't this be not any stronger than the stock hardware? If you break something, wouldn't you want an upgrade in strength? Why would you spend significantly more on a titanium piece that's not any stronger?
Hello,

Titanium is stronger than most steel and stainless steel alloys with a few exceptions.

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If the problem does not exist, then why do you have ARP bolts? ARP in most cases are made from steel, just as a are OEM. As an example, I have seen crank bolts that are less than $3 OEM, and the ARP steel version is over $30. People pay 10x more for an upgraded steel bolt and don't bat an eye. We are trying to innovate and bring better products to the table by using titanium. There is a reason Titanium is used by the best F1 teams in the world who care about longevity, strength, corrosive resistance and weight. Yes, these bolts might not mean much in weight on a street car, but if you are gonna spend ARP money on premium hardware, why not spend it on a premium MATERIAL rather than warmed over $100 steel bolts.
As I mentioned above, ARP has a stellar reputation because they make a superior product due to their superior strength and unlikelihood to fail due to fatigue. Stock header bolts work just fine and do not require some outrageous strength ratio vs. a stock bolt. And even if a stock header bolt fails, at worst all you have is small exhaust leak until the broken bolt can be extracted/replaced. Where as a crank bolt (you mentioned above) breaking can cause catastrophic, crazy-expensive damage, in the realm of being 100 times more expensive to repair the damage than the cost of an ARP bolt, and that is why peeps pay $30 for an ARP crank bolt.

AND..., if all that matters is using a bolt of made out of "premium material", well then why not go all-in and use bolts made of GOLD! I'm sure using a crank bolt made of gold would be a great idea!

Titanium is stronger than most steel and stainless steel alloys with a few exceptions.
According to an article from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology:

http://news.mit.edu/2017/3-d-graphene-strongest-lightest-materials-0106

"In terms of sheer strength, the best titanium alloys beat low to medium grade stainless steels. However, the highest grade of stainless steel is stronger than titanium alloys."

I point this out because you give no information as to the quality of your titanium alloy. However, ARP's hardware/metallurgy are widely known and well publicized. They make the highest grade steel alloy fasteners, which I would hazard a guess would beat your "jewelry" bolts in any strength/fatigue test. And until I see independent results of your bolts being tested, I'll stick with a known quantity, thus ARP for any application where strength/resistance to material fatigue is my top priority.

It would seem to me, if your bolts were superior, then why aren't you manufacturing and selling titanium connecting rod bolts??

If your titanium bolts are stronger than steel alloy bolts then it would reason that connecting rods would be a great market for you. Better strength and less reciprocating weight vs. steel alloy.

Why aren't you selling connecting rod bolts?

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
As I mentioned above, ARP has a stellar reputation because they make a superior product due to their superior strength and unlikelihood to fail due to fatigue. Stock header bolts work just fine and do not require some outrageous strength ratio vs. a stock bolt. And even if a stock header bolt fails, at worst all you have is small exhaust leak until the broken bolt can be extracted/replaced. Where as a crank bolt (you mentioned above) breaking can cause catastrophic, crazy-expensive damage, in the realm of being 100 times more expensive to repair the damage than the cost of an ARP bolt, and that is why peeps pay $30 for an ARP crank bolt.

AND..., if all that matters is using a bolt of made out of "premium material", well then why not go all-in and use bolts made of GOLD! I'm sure using a crank bolt made of gold would be a great idea!

"In terms of sheer strength, the best titanium alloys beat low to medium grade stainless steels. However, the highest grade of stainless steel is stronger than titanium alloys."

I point this out because you give no information as to the quality of your titanium alloy. However, ARP's hardware/metallurgy are widely known and well publicized. They make the highest grade steel alloy fasteners, which I would hazard a guess would beat your "jewelry" bolts in any strength/fatigue test. And until I see independent results of your bolts being tested, I'll stick with a known quantity, thus ARP for any application where strength/resistance to material fatigue is my top priority.

It would seem to me, if your bolts were superior, then why aren't you manufacturing and selling titanium connecting rod bolts??

If your titanium bolts are stronger than steel alloy bolts then it would reason that connecting rods would be a great market for you. Better strength and less reciprocating weight vs. steel alloy.

Do you have a bone to pick with the company offering another option or have you had a negative experience with titanium or Armageddon you can share? You have stated you are going to stick with ARP and that is 100% your choice and understandable given ARP's reputation with fasteners but I am just wondering why you are (or the way i read it, it seems) to belittle someone bringing another option to the table.

OP
OP
Armageddon Turbo

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)

Someone just wants to be a stick in the mud I see. ARP makes plenty of header bolts. And yes, OEM header bolts do fail, we see it all the time in our GM truck applications. You are basically stating that most customers who have a broken bolt or exhaust gasket would just drive the car until it in convenient to change. Our experience is this is not the case as the sound and fumes make them want to fix immediately. In some applications where installing headers is not easy, it can be very expensive. Gold, while a good conductor is obviously not a good material for a bolt. Titanium on the other hand is used all the time in military, industrial, and racing applications where strength and durability is important. Stop being dramatic.

I did the same Google search as you, and found several different, conflicting reports. The basic gist is Titanium is naturally stronger and lighter, but when it comes to different alloys, if cost is no issue, yes, you can make something stronger than titanium. It will almost always be heavier and more expensive. This is why we avoid broad statements.

We started with header bolts because in for mod people modding cars it is the most common bolts replaced. One in 5 Mustangs may end up with headers. One in 100 may end up needing something like rod bolts. We do have lug nuts coming out soon, and much more.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.