Tis' Baleen McQueen, 2019 DHG Bullitt

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
your bullitt you picked up is sexy as fuck and badass. it take a pair of tittys or a cold bud light for me to take my eyes off it. and fuck american muscle im a cj pony parts guy and will only buy from american muscle if their the only ones who have what i want
Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
your bullitt you picked up is sexy as fuck and badass. it take a pair of tittys or a cold bud light for me to take my eyes off it. and fuck american muscle im a cj pony parts guy and will only buy from american muscle if their the only ones who have what i want
Thank you very much!!

Yeah, American Muscle is not my preferred vendor, lol

CJPP can be hit or miss with drop shipping sometimes, but I've been at their customer appreciation days, and like supporting a local-ish business! They keep treating me right, so I have no problem throwing cash at them.

Thanks for reading! I'm cracking another cold one right now, after a cold day of wrenching!

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
Thank you very much!!

Yeah, American Muscle is not my preferred vendor, lol

CJPP can be hit or miss with drop shipping sometimes, but I've been at their customer appreciation days, and like supporting a local-ish business! They keep treating me right, so I have no problem throwing cash at them.

Thanks for reading! I'm cracking another cold one right now, after a cold day of wrenching!
hell yeah startin the new year off right lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0ta5kCr.jpg

Pc0cHOB.jpg

Ok, the rok blox are on, but I need to straighten them out a bit, lol

They dont have any slots for adjustment, so theres only so much I can do.

They are quite subtle though, unlike the Rally Armor flaps I had on my previous car, lmfao

Took the car out for a cruize.

Let it warm up completely, and took her out. It's like 35 degrees out.

First shift into third and it hung up a smidge, not really a nibble, but not smooth.

This was the main thing I was hoping to fix.

Second thing I wanted to try and mitigate, was diff whine.

Diff whine is unchanged, lmfao! I figured as much. I may end up doing some kind of sound deadening in the trunk, and under the rear seats some.

After driving the car some, that 3rd gear stumble was completely gone. Every gear is shifting really smooth actually. I'll get more info tomorrow on a cold start again. WHen she's hot though, she's shifting perfect! Which is a positive change for sure.

Diff whine did not increase or decrease, even when hot.

Steeda clutch spring, Pedal is easier to manipulate, easier to slip/rub. So thats a win, I kinda wish it was a bit stiffer, thats just my personal feel. I will probably just get used to it and it'll be fine.

I didn't hoon it or anything, just straight line on the highway. I was more concerned with the trans and the diff, than trying to feel the difference with the toe links and toe link bearings, lol

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
skNGXeZ.jpg

Some goodies!!

I really wanted all "Natural" Aluminum stuff, but Boomba had none, and no eta. So I bought black to hold me over.

The other stuff is 5 Spurs center caps and Bullitt power button!!

For some reason I thought the center caps were going to be raised crosshairs, but alas, I was mistaken. Which makes me like them a bit less, but they'll clean easier. I may outsource to get them that way, idk yet, lol

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Great thread, you're not messing around!

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-extreme-g-trac-brace-2015-555-5532.html
I spent all this time stiffening the rear end, totally forgot about the front!! This is on my list to buy, probably snag it next week. I may look to see what BMR offers in the same type product. Unless someone reading this has a better suggestion?
IIRC there's a thread on here comparing the two, some folks reported that the Steeda unit hit on speed bumps etc whereas the BMR K brace didn't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great thread, you're not messing around!

IIRC there's a thread on here comparing the two, some folks reported that the Steeda unit hit on speed bumps etc whereas the BMR K brace didn't.
Thanks for stopping by, especially for the info!

I did happen to read up a bunch on the subject.

The BMR is the better brace for sure. Stiffer, more ground clearance, better functioning. My only concern is my Ronin Factory oil drain. I emailed BMR about their bars clearance from the oil pan, they have not responded. Its been a week iirc.

Maybe I'll call them instead.

I'm probably going to roll the dice with the BMR, and probably the steeda bump steer/roll center kit. Lol

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
IMHE you may grow old before they respond, it's the only consistent bug bear I have with them but also don't know the circumstances so won't criticize. I have the BMR piece and apart from it being freaking heavy can't complain, only issue was that one of the forward mounts came loose but probably due to installation error, now addressed.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, the GT350 VC uses a different sized Oil fill cap than the regular GT cap, so that sweet sweet Boomba fill cap does not fit. So My buddy is getting it as a freebie.

Additionally, I did install the Soler Performance 91mm TB, but alas it did not play well with my Bullitt. TPS sensor A intermittent, and Lost comms to TPS right off the bat.

Which is why they are being tested. I wasn't going to post up until I had a clear resolution, but I am also about full transparency, so as of right now, It's a really pretty paperweight at the moment. I'm excited to test one, hopefully some progress comes about.

Additionally, I took quite a bit of logs on the OEM setup, and was going to directly compare them to the addition of the 91mm TB. So I have that data, but depending on when the 91mm compatibility is resolved, I may take new logs, to keep ambient temp/humidity as close as possible for actual comparison.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CB763 2015 - 2020 Mustang Chassis brace, front of k-member
Color:Red
$119.95 1 $119.95
CB006 2015 - 2020 Mustang Chassis Brace, Front Subframe, 4-point
Color:Red
$219.95 1 $219.95

Have just been ordered from BMR

Very excited to tighten up the front end!

I still have to install the LCA bearings in the back. Now that the weather is getting nicer, shouldnt be a big deal.

Bought way too much Adam's Polishes stuff, like way too much. SO hopefully Im going to get some wax on her tonight.
Sponsored