OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
?hash=ba5395d02f108b903137f4da3d659efb.jpg

Already whipped a PS air freshener in the Schtangarang and the Sledge. Can't wait to odor eliminate, and interior detail. All the pumpkin, all the time.

Dropped the Bullitt off at the stealership for two TSB's. Ugh, i hope they dont screw me.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. Talked to Tim, former Pwnall, current Monstertuned owner/tuner.

Going to slap in the headers, then roll with his 93 and E85 tunes.

He estimates 500whp with my setup on E85, and like 475-ish on 93. Which is good to hear, Tim is on the exact/conservative estimater borderline, so it'll make that for sure.

Should be a fun tune that keeps everything smooth and safe.

He also mentioned tuning my whipple setup once/if that ever happens. So this set of tuning is my introduction to Monstertuned, and will quite possibly have him on the whipple down the road.

Stang is still at the stealership. They flashed an update to the digital instrument cluster, but didnt order the window trim ahead of time. So its like 3 days out. They said I could just grab the car for now, but I declined.

The dealership isnt in the best area, not the worst though, so hopefully nothing bad happens with its extended stay. I expected to get fucked some, and Ford did not surprize me with this. Hopefully this is all the uckery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Got my headers! HELL YES to American Racing Headers. Amazing product. Borla on the other hand, not so much, sloppy and overpriced.

Mustang is back in the driveway, no additional tenths of a mile, so no noticeable joy ride. Window trim install, meh. They broke the tiniest tip of it, not thrilled, but I'm not going to go through all that over something so minuscule. HEADLINER IS FIXED THOUGH!!! Yes, and IPC was flashed.

Overall, I would use them again.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I hacked off the sound muffler on the Gt350 intake tube, plugged it with some rtv and a Velossa Tech plug.

Pulled passenger side door panel, plugged back in my mbient lighting, and lock LED connections from previous owner's tint shop

Had to actually install the TSB window trim section at the rear of the door, it has to be tucked in, they just had the rubber flapping.

Saw the exposed headliner today... UGH!!! I just took it in for them to fix it, wtf.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Service advisors deal with complainers all day, so someone with legitimate concerns will just blend in with all the others. Don't waste your breath.
Im aware, and its a part of the problem. The TSB involves installing two parts.

A trim piece that they damaged, and weatherstripping that wasn't actually installed.

After having my car for 3 days longer than they should have.

Yet the problem is still there.

54,000 dollar car, Thanks Ford.

If you want something done right, yah gotta do it yourself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Todays the day.

I have my tuning files.

Going to tune 93. Run the tank to fumes, then tune E85.

Having issues trying to flash.

HP tuners RTD device, and ye olde laptop.

Ugh, wtf.

Why cant everything be as easy as cobb AP3?

Im keeping my cool, but not far from rage.

Ugh, the RTD comes with 4 credits, which I cant use to flash my car. I can't flash with out a license of some sort. Those cost credits. Credits are 50 bucks.

I downloaded 3 different Hp tuner programs, and one phone app. Registered everything, blutooth connect, hardwire, dragged my laptop onto my car. Can't get the program I flash with to read the ext of the new tunes, and the program that reads those extensions is fucking extorting me for more money.

So im 800 bucks out intially, and pretty pissed off. I have to be missing something, but I'm really running out of options/patience.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I have to have the RTD device not connected to the car, and then apply a license credit with the tune selected. I'm going to try and flash now, connected to the car.

Wtf. It wouldn't allow me to do it with the car connected, idk what their problem was.

Credits, licenses, ugh. Hate that stuff.

Well, Tim had a goof. Sent me the wrong file extensions.

Going back out to try and flash these new maps.

HP tuners has 3 device dongles, and two different programs for them, and different file extensions, but enough compatibility to let you sync the other devices with the wrong program. Which allows you to waste 3 hours of your time trying to flash the wrong files, lol

Well, flashed the new 93 adaptx map.

Car gave every warning possible, and wouldn't start or even attempt to crank.

Flashed back to stock, and she seems to be fine, thankfully.

Overall, this really fucking sucks.

Tim burnt the midnight oil, got me a revised map last night.

Apparently, he needed to write an entire new one for the Bullitt, due to it's differences with a regular GT. I loaded it up, car is currently idling, lol. Hopefully I can put some miles on her today.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.boombaracing.com/s550-mustang-vertical-links/
Turbz gave me the link, to dez links!! So I snatched them! 99 bucks!!! Steeda wants like 250 for them, so this was a no brainer, plus I really like @Boomba Racing products. They have been doing it right for quite a long time. Fantastic American machining, great designs, and arguably some of the best swag in the business!!! Lol

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I adjusted the shifter again, my lockout plate was a smidge too far to the left. Causing this shitty first to second shift, and even some lockout. Not great. Hopefully this is finally the sweet spot.

Sent Tim logs, he sent me a new map. I have false knock on cyl 4. Gotta sort that out. Headers are hitting something.

Tim's latest map, definitely pulls harder on the top end. Car is finally getting quick. Excited to mod it up more, and get on E85.
Sponsored