wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Thats some cray consumption. I can see that on the track. A DD though shouldnt experience that much consumption.

Yes, the Gen3 coyote, with me behind the wheel, is performance, lol. Car is in a constant state of Italian tune up. lol
agreed on all accounts…but unfortunately Ford will not separate “track” and “street”.

the oil use test is…a ford tech drains the oil, adds one quart shy of full, warms the car and marks the stick, adds last quart, warms the car and marks the stick again, zip ties stick shut, marks the oil filter and tells you to come back in 500 (performance) or 1,000 (normal) miles.

if you haven’t fallen below the techs one quart low mark, Ford will deny the claim and send you on your way 🤪
Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
agreed on all accounts…but unfortunately Ford will not separate “track” and “street”.

the oil use test is…a ford tech drains the oil, adds one quart shy of full, warms the car and marks the stick, adds last quart, warms the car and marks the stick again, zip ties stick shut, marks the oil filter and tells you to come back in 500 (performance) or 1,000 (normal) miles.

if you haven’t fallen below the techs one quart low mark, Ford will deny the claim and send you on your way 🤪
Yeah, I threw out the warranty almost immediately, so I was not that concerned with Fords stance for my car. But the consumption itself for record keeping.

Speaking of which, I need to check my oil, and check my motor mount bracket bolts, lmfao!!

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

A little over 1 quart consumed.

I did the change at 28k, Now at 32k. So a quart over 4k isnt bad at all. Which after reading my oil change post, may not have been to to the top hash on fill, so consumption may be even lower than 1 quart in 4k. This is good news!!

Also, I guess I should address my OCI. I normally go 7500 on a N/a, 5 k on forced induction. I guess I'll stick with that.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I just ran outside with a flashlight and inspection mirror.

All 4 drivers side motor mount bracket bolts are intact, and look very tight!!

I was only able to see two of the pass side, but that side had better luck anyway, and if the drivers is holding, then the pass should too.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ok, I just ran outside with a flashlight and inspection mirror.

All 4 drivers side motor mount bracket bolts are intact, and look very tight!!

I was only able to see two of the pass side, but that side had better luck anyway, and if the drivers is holding, then the pass should too.
Sounds like you fixed it. Definitely a good catch and a good save on your part. Now you can rest easy.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Additionally, I have big life things going on, so Whipple is waaaay back burner.

I am looking at this though...

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...ear-4-09-set-8-8-irs-2015-2022/p/M420988409A/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...installation-kit-8-8-irs-2015-2022/p/M4210B3/

Since CJ Pony Parts isnt responding to my Borla warranty, I will not be spending any more money there until they sort their shit out.

So 4.09, but sourced from a better vendor.

Should give me some better pep, without breaking the bank.

Anyone have any instructions/reading material on shimming/installing this set?

I've never done this before, and looking for proper technical guidance. Not backwoods hack work, lmao

I will start searching on here, and reading my FSM's to see what info I get.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7kSS1zD.jpg

A boo boo from this super frickin narrow bridge. First time across it with the Bullitt, and last time. Ugh.

I'd love to junkyard another mirror, but its not super pressing right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, after being in CJPP's warranty system for 3 weeks, they finally got back to me.

They told me that Borla wants me to contact them, and gave contact info.

Well, CJPP didnt seem to forward anything at all to Borla, the guy had no idea what was up.

CJPP customer service was pretty poo poo. Took forever, and they didnt do anything, they just gave me contact info for Borla. I wish they just lead with that.

After a quick chat, I started a fresh claim with Borla.

Well, I sent them the video I posted above, and they are sending me two fresh muffler assemblies. Which is quite a bit more than I expected. So pending this outcome, my faith in Borla is somewhat restored. All within 1 day. Its gonna take them a bit to ship, but all the paperwork is in and sorted.

Thinking of ceramic coating the CF tips this go around, to protect, and make cleaning easier. I will be using locktite on the little fasteners too. Which will keep at least the tips in primo condition.

I am still very unhappy with the fit and finish of their product in general. Poor welds, ends that weren't filed/deburred from cutting, just really sloppy for something that was over 2,000 dollars.

The exhaust sounds great, no drone, and is rowdy in sport/track. Which is the only reason its on the car still, lol

Their customer service though, may be redeeming their product though.

Which has me looking at Borla exhaust for my Jeep. Lmfao

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@junits15

It was multiple impacts, folded the mirror. Buzzed right through the PPF. I was full cringe, but its better than hitting the other cars, wheels, or actual body.

Time to do custom one touch folding mirrors!!!

Lmfao

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
7kSS1zD.jpg

A boo boo from this super frickin narrow bridge. First time across it with the Bullitt, and last time. Ugh.

I'd love to junkyard another mirror, but its not super pressing right now.
Dang! It sounds like that bridge should only be used by motorcycles and Mini Coopers. I’d be willing to bet that others have also had their mirrors make contact with the bridge. Sorry that happened to your ride.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang! It sounds like that bridge should only be used by motorcycles and Mini Coopers. I’d be willing to bet that others have also had their mirrors make contact with the bridge. Sorry that happened to your ride.
It's notorious. Open grate, High sidewall, and very narrow 2 lane bridge. Youhave no shoulder, nowhere to go, just try your best not to hit oncoming traffic or the wall. The mustang is kinda wide, but the mirrors hang out pretty far from the body, so I misjudged. Ugh. Not my best moment. Could be much worse though!

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@junits15

It was multiple impacts, folded the mirror. Buzzed right through the PPF. I was full cringe, but its better than hitting the other cars, wheels, or actual body.

Time to do custom one touch folding mirrors!!!

Lmfao
right through the ppf?? :( damn Its a small scratch though, it could have been much worse if you'd have hit another car :thumbsdown:

how much of your car is wrapped?
Sponsored