OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
13.1? You driving the autobahn or something? Even I can get 17s on the freeway 😛

3B9636E6-198F-4F91-8349-DC96F16EB79B.jpeg
Sounds slow af...

20 mile commute, all highway-esque, in it to win it-ish. Avg speed probably 80 mph. Then add in the "why the fuck are you in the fast lane" passing of people here and there.

Plus the gearing in the Mt82d4, im never in 6th, cause its poop for reaction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed on the 6th issue…I have used it 3x;

once driving from Phoenix to Sacramento,
once Sacramento to San Diego
and the last time was San Diego to Dallas 😂
The whipple will fix 6th, but probably take my license away. Lmao!

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had what may have been a 4th gear lockout. I was lazy shifting to 4th, at like 7800/7900 rpms. Straight line, just didnt glide in. Could have just been me.

I normally shift 7500-7700. So I dont have much data. I dont really plan on gathering more either, lol. RIP OPG, lmao

After I let out for a sec, just went to 5th. Car has been shifting normal since. If it was lockout, wtf. I have every mod you can have to prevent it. So idk. Not too worried, just wont shift that close to the limiter. Which is my SOP to avoid.

Additionally, gotta do an oil change. Sticking with 5w30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, going to add two bottles of ceratec.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Had what may have been a 4th gear lockout. I was lazy shifting to 4th, at like 7800/7900 rpms. Straight line, just didnt glide in. Could have just been me. If it was lockout, wtf. I have every mod you can have to prevent it. So idk.
Hopefully it was a one time thing for you. I’m right there with you in terms of having done every mod that can be done to prevent lockout, but that ole nasty “lockout monster” still came to visit me a few times. I hope to burry his arse for good after the tranny rebuild and new clutch install.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, I'm trying not to go that route if I dont have to. I'd have to buy a new shifter and cf driveshaft, try to sell my used stuff to make back the money.

I'll probably just roll the dice with Calimer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Well, found out why I had shift lockout...

3 outta 4 were gone, like wtf mate!! I almost lost a full motor mount, that would have been terrible, especially with how I drive, geez!!! Would have wrecked a whole lot of stuff. Ugh!

I antiseized those bolts and torqued them to spec initially.

I tried calling BMR, but no answer for ford service, and mailbox was full. Gee, awesome

Dug around my S550 OEM parts and spares, really got lucky here!!

I tried to blast out the holes with brake clean, then coated the bolts in blue loctite(was thinking about red). JAcked up the motor to get the bracket to align again, luckily none of the holes were stripped!!! I really sent these bad boys home this time. As much torque as I could do with an extended length 3/8 drive ratchet in that space. 41 ft/lbs is the spec iirc, I used the torque wrench to go to 46, then just went ham with the ratchet. SO everything is at least 50 ft/lbs.

I went to the other side, 2 bolts were loose. So I cranked down all 4. The ground stud one, was a bit of a problem. I may have to redo that one in a bit.

Checked my header bolts, all 16 are there and good! No leaks.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good catch and save! I agree, that would have been really bad to lose it completely. I torqued mine to factory specs, but I’m definitely going to check the torque on them before the car sees the road again.

OP
OP
Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I put 10 quarts of oil, and 2 bottles of ceratec in. Just checked the dip, after sitting for a lil over 2 hours, and she's at the top of the hash. So about a 10.6 quart fill, lol

Im going to try and check it each week, using this as a mileage/date record for now. Trying to determine oil consumption. It was a bit before, im hoping it's mellowed out. Fingers crossed.

Car is filthy, I may wash it tonight. Maybe.

Additionally, I need to get more pics in here. Its gotta be boring just reading my BS.
Sponsored