Sponsored

Tis a sad day that I wish was an April fools joke.

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damn dude. Best of luck in your search.
ditto

I feel bad for you on the fact, that Carvana would of gave you prob another 10k on that offer, I wonder if you can get them to offer more, re evaluate selling value of cars from recent sales.

Just yesterday I was going 35mph down a 35mph road, and a guy waits til I am like 4 seconds from his house, and he just floors it backwards into both lanes (2 lane road) and I had to STOMP brakes almost hit him. I honked, and said WTF. he was laughing through his window

his neighbor saw it all, and was shaking his head. his entire ass end of his truck was in my lane. didn't give a shit about us.

its getting awful out there, from people running redlihgts or speeding or just not caring about their co riders on the road. we gotta share the road.
Thank y'all! I provided valuation documents to my adjuster and we came to a very reasonable ACV for the vehicle, so I'm satisfied.

Wow, that guy sounds like a douche! Glad you avoided any problems with that, because this process has been nothing short of stressful lol
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To update everyone:

The damage repair costs did end up being around $27k. In Texas, insurance companies can decide to repair a vehicle up until the repair costs exceed 100% ACV of the vehicle; however, this isn't a hard fast rule and it's ultimately up to the insurer to decide if a vehicle is total loss (with most companies deeming total loss if repair costs are > 70-75% ACV).

Given that there were quite a few replacement parts on backorder, I ultimately elected to just push for it to be totaled of which my adjuster was agreeable to.

So, that's where I'm at. I'm currently in search of a new 2019+ GT, 10r80 transmission, preferably race or rapid red, but would also consider velocity blue. Bonus if you're in the South Texas area.
Really sorry this happened to you - but, to me, this seems like a "positive" outcome. Waiting forever for a car to be fixed (and might not ever be the same) seems like it would be much worse.

At least you get the "fun" (at least some of us think so) of car shopping again :cool:

Good luck!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Had to deal with a not at fault total loss just 2 years ago. Generally, the insurance will total the car if the estimated repairs are about 80% of the cash value of the car. What may get your car to that point, sorry to say, is damage to the reinforcing structure. The wife's Nissan Titan XD - the ginormous one with crew cab and extended bed, got sideswiped by a Taurus, of all things, enough to set off the side air bag. Good thing, too or she'd still be blaming me for the accident...lol The frame got bent in that accident - they estimated 28 to 30k damage on a 34k value truck. Mind you, the only body damage was to the front bumper, rear fender and two wheels. Visually it wasn't all that bad, but structurally, NFG. Air bag deployment is pretty well a sign you're toast. They can cost 3k to fix, with NO body damage. Glad you weren't hurt. Lil ol ladies in S. Texas - bane of my existence for 40 years......lol

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Really sorry this happened to you - but, to me, this seems like a "positive" outcome. Waiting forever for a car to be fixed (and might not ever be the same) seems like it would be much worse.

At least you get the "fun" (at least some of us think so) of car shopping again :cool:

Good luck!
agreed! Which is why I pushed for it to get totaled. And car shopping is pretty fun, just wish there were more options closer. Many of the cars that I’m interested in are out of state but it would be a fun drive back home lol

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
agreed! Which is why I pushed for it to get totaled. And car shopping is pretty fun, just wish there were more options closer. Many of the cars that I’m interested in are out of state but it would be a fun drive back home lol
Do what I did, I flew from Houston to Chicago on SWA for $50 (one way) and drove my Bullitt home. Loads of fun.
Sponsored